Beggars washing windscreens at traffic lights (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator

What's all this about? Washing them and demanding money for it.

It would piss me off somebody randomly coming over and touching my car, then if they asked for money I reckon they would get told in no uncertain terms to fuck right off.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I was in Barcelona last week and this was very common place.

Also it's been done in numerous places for car jackings

They pour like a greasy liquid on, you try and wipe, makes it worse you get out inspect someone hops in etc.

Nick

Administrator
I was in Barcelona last week and this was very common place.

Also it's been done in numerous places for car jackings

They pour like a greasy liquid on, you try and wipe, makes it worse you get out inspect someone hops in etc.

Can imagine it might lead to more dodgy things :(

Sky_Blue_Daz

There was a thing a while back where people were dropping rats through open top cars
When the owner gets out the car gets robbed

Grendel

shmmeee

Got just the solution for this:

giphy.gif

Reactions: vow

Covrock

George Street West in Birmingham is rancid with them. Tell them to fuck off. My Mrs did. Other people film them on their phones and report them for begging.

covcity4life

people deserpate enough to do it for money so i feel for them that they are in that situation.

but beause it can lead to dangerous situations i understand why people dont want it.

eastwoodsdustman

people deserpate enough to do it for money so i feel for them that they are in that situation.

but beause it can lead to dangerous situations i understand why people dont want it.

Please don't feel for them, They are economic migrants. They have a choice and freedom of movement. They are here because they want to be and could go back to Romania if they so wished. Hooray for the EU.

covcity4life

Please don't feel for them, They are economic migrants. They have a choice and freedom of movement. They are here because they want to be and could go back to Romania if they so wished. Hooray for the EU.

and why are they here? because englands nice place to live than romania i imagine.

for us we see graduating from uni and getting a high paid job as success

for them they see it as having to up sticks and leave country of birth to go somwehere better to make money washing cars

we are very lucky to have the lives we do, and i cant look down on others who were born in countries that dont have the quality of life ours does.

Rich

If they try it on my car the washer jets and wipers shall be in full flow until they fuck off.

Nick

Administrator
and why are they here? because englands nice place to live than romania i imagine.

for them they see it as having to up sticks and leave country of birth to go somwehere better to make money washing cars

we are very lucky to have the lives we do, and i cant look down on others who were born in countries that dont have the quality of life ours does.

So why not get a cleaning job or work at a car wash rather than just taking it upon themselves to start touching cars and demanding money?

There are nicer places to live than Coventry, doesn't mean I can start randomly cleaning people's cars and demanding money off them.

eastwoodsdustman

Why not go over to Brum and help them out? I'm sure they'd love it as much as you would. They're here for one thing and one thing only. When the money stops they'll soon be out of here or onto something else.
An please, no one say that they're helping with the diversity of the UK because as far as I can see they bring nothing positive to our country.

covcity4life

what are you both talking about

i said in my original post the actualy actions are a problem. i just said i feel sorry for them as i have never personally been in a position where i have to clean cars for a living.

shmmeee

Romanian guy on my Masters course talks about them like we would about a bunch of Chavs from Stoke Aldermoor, he's hugely embarrassed by them being here. He also views going to uni and getting a high paid job as a success BTW, he's going to be a machine learning engineer and his Romanian missus is a sports therapist. Think it's a little patronising to say all Romanians are happy washing cars.

It's not our fault we live in one of the richest countries in the world, there's pretty much nowhere a native poor Brit can go and improve their life by being poor there.

covcity4life

Romanian guy on my Masters course talks about them like we would about a bunch of Chavs from Stoke Aldermoor, he's hugely embarrassed by them being here. He also views going to uni and getting a high paid job as a success BTW, he's going to be a machine learning engineer and his Romanian missus is a sports therapist. Think it's a little patronising to say all Romanians are happy washing cars.

It's not our fault we live in one of the richest countries in the world, there's pretty much nowhere a native poor Brit can go and improve their life by being poor there.

1)good job i didnt say ALL romanaians are the same then isnt it?
2)good job i never said its OUR fault we live in a nice coutnry isnt it?

Captain Dart

Windows up, lock the doors.

skybluetony176

Was driving around London today. Didn't see window washers at traffic lights but plenty of begging especially on the north circler around the Brent cross area. Problem was they all had the same act. Walking with a limp and a glum face. Windows stayed up.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Won't beat Turkey, taking new born babies out in 40 degree heat to beg. Saw them get up and get into their car and drive off towards the end of the night.

Horrible bastards.

Flying Fokker

Saw a guy in Rovinj, Croatia. Clearly disabled . Leaning on his crutches. He stood for over three hours. With his begging bowl in hand. It must pay well.

Sick Boy

Exactly, no idea why so many seem to equate Romanians with beggars. The Romanians I have worked with put a lot of Brits to shame. Don't forget that we also live in a country that had huge wealth equality and the number of homeless is ever-increasing and things are far from perfect here.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
If we're such a rich country, how come we owe £1.6 TRILLION!??
*** Edit ***
BTW, that was in 2015. It now stands at £1.8 Trillion. ;)

wingy

Exactly, no idea why so many seem to equate Romanians with beggars. The Romanians I have worked with put a lot of Brits to shame. Don't forget that we also live in a country that had huge wealth equality and the number of homeless is ever-increasing and things are far from perfect here.
I assume you meant inequality? :)

Westendlad

Beggar's round Leamington is getting worse and travellers are appearing more often now.............Easy solution to get rid......Do not give cash to beggars and don't give work to travellers......

Terry Gibson's perm

If we're such a rich country, how come we owe £1.6 TRILLION!??
*** Edit ***
BTW, that was in 2015. It now stands at £1.8 Trillion. ;)

Don't worry it's just numbers and fantasy paper, I imagine most of the countries we owe the money to are in no position to take it back if we say we are not paying.

Users who are viewing this thread