belief; at what point should we start to belive again (1 Viewer)

the rumpo kid

we are still in the top six , with a great manager and some really exciting players, two very winnable games coming up , playing the best stuff since we were relegated , if we cant make the top two , who says we cant win a semi final and the play off ? we deserve to be in the top six, and maybe higher, we will get on a good run again and we will finish at least top six, and I would like to see any of those other teams face up to our home and away following in a semi final or the 50 - 60 thousand we would take to Wembley, the seasons far from over and we have everything to play for so don't be down hearted , look to the positive .

while we sing togeather we will never lose !

JimmyHillsbeard

Brilliant positivity and I'm sorry to be misanthropic but our record in cup matches this season - and in penalty shoot-outs forever - means that I'm dreading the play offs

Otis

I would say we DID deserve to be in the top 6. Don't think we can say that any more.

If teams win games in hand we will be out of the top 6 and unfortunately, rightly so.

Of course that's not to say we can't turn it around again and to be quite honest, we better damn do so, because at the moment the points return is shocking.

We win Saturday and I will be well happy and very positive again, but we have to get that win under our belts sharpish, otherwise this season will be the damp squib of all squibs!!

Hobo

We have made some good acquisitions in January and have kept everyone until the summer. Port Vale is a difficult place to go to and a point should be looked at as a point gained. No we haven't turned the corner yet, but it is a new month and a starting point. If we can get a solid defence we can kick on from here...who knows what can happen, we have to just keep chipping away and believe in ourselves.

Otis

We have made some good acquisitions in January and have kept everyone until the summer. Port Vale is a difficult place to go to and a point should be looked at as a point gained. No we haven't turned the corner yet, but it is a new month and a starting point. If we can get a solid defence we can kick on from here...who knows what can happen, we have to just keep chipping away and believe in ourselves.
And get that win.

4 points from these 2 games will be a very good return.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

"2 winnable games coming up"

Which of the 11 of the last 13 we failed to win weren't winnable? The only one I personally thought we would lose was the drawn game v Walsall.

the rumpo kid

"2 winnable games coming up"

Which of the 11 of the last 13 we failed to win weren't winnable? The only one I personally thought we would lose was the drawn game v Walsall.

that's the typical attitude of posters on here, I think if you couldn't whine on about how bad things are there would be no point in going on. you have to rise above the disappointment and keep going, or just give up and don't bother , but half arsed complaints will do nothing for anyone.

AFCCOVENTRY

I really don't think anyone thought we would even be top 6 this season. Because we managed to storm it for the first half of the season expectations have rocketed. So hence many fans dissapointed and frustration at the moment.

Getting back to winning ways is imperative. We have halted successive defeats against Port Vale away so hopeful the pendulum is swinging the opposite way.

standupforcity

Tinkerman needs to decide on his best 11
Make tweaks around that occasionally but needs to stick with them

And then have a worn out 11 for the play offs? No I disagree, we have a strong squad and need to keep players on their toes and up to speed. We need a fit and ready squad for what will hopefully be the play offs. I'd like to think we can make the autos, but for now we have halted the rot!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

And then have a worn out 11 for the play offs? No I disagree, we have a strong squad and need to keep players on their toes and up to speed. We need a fit and ready squad for what will hopefully be the play offs. I'd like to think we can make the autos, but for now we have halted the rot!

Making sure we get into the playoffs would be my main priority first before planning on the playoffs!

standupforcity

Making sure we get into the playoffs would be my main priority first before planning on the playoffs!

Not sure we'd do that by sticking with one 11 and risking injuries/bans, having not given other players a start. Lameiras should be playing, but wouldn't get a look in under that scheme!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Not sure we'd do that by sticking with one 11 and risking injuries/bans, having not given other players a start. Lameiras should be playing, but wouldn't get a look in under that scheme!
I assume the poster meant horses for courses

Ie Wigan away may be a day for Henderson (if anyone saw the state of the pitch after the first Rugby league game of the season on it the other night)

I feel a lot of chopping and changing to accommodate the big squad we have a opposed to best side recently.

Not knocking TM only becomes the norm for any manager when you have a huge squad of players.

skybluesam66

Thats just how we failed in 87! and how Leicester are failing now! oh Wait a minute...

stupot07

Completely agree. He needs to decide his best 11 and in the main stick with them, yes there will be the odd change here and their for injuries, tiredness etc. And actually had he not chopped and changed every game for the last 13 games we may have won more than 2 of them.

Do Burton, Wigan, Walsall, Gillingham, etc replace their entire attacking midfield after every game just to try and keep player fresh on the off chance they might have to play 3 extra games or are they trying to win every game they play in to get as many points as possible? Seems a nonsensical argument to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covcity4life

I really don't think anyone thought we would even be top 6 this season. Because we managed to storm it for the first half of the season expectations have rocketed. So hence many fans dissapointed and frustration at the moment.

Getting back to winning ways is imperative. We have halted successive defeats against Port Vale away so hopeful the pendulum is swinging the opposite way.

and some fans expected top 6 push and thus are more level headed right now.

Gazolba

After any of these events: We win three games on the trot, we beat a top-six team by four or more goals, Maddison scores a hat-trick, RCC keeps three clean-sheets in a row, we get back to the top two.

Users who are viewing this thread