Ben Stevenson - Brentford (4 Viewers)

Captain Dart

It is happening.

no_loyalty

Be nice to sign Turner now that we have good relations with Burton albion

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Not played for Burton in their last 4 matches, so assume he is injured (again)

torchomatic

If true, at least it is being done early and not an hour before the end of the window. This is the way of the world for us though, isn't it? I doubt anyone is twisting his arm.

Captain Dart

According to an unofficial transfer news regurgitating twitter account? To be fair I don't doubt it's going to happen at some point, but that Twitter account is not much of a point of reference.
Point taken but there are a dozen 'unofficial' tweets out there from various sources, Wolves has been mentioned too. See this twitter search result.
brentford stevenson - Twitter Search

torchomatic

higgs

Doubt he will be in the squad even if he's on the bench I guess he's off

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Lots of people are assuming this is good business. It's good business if the money is , to some degree, reinvested in the team which results in an improvement in results. The sale of Maddison did absolutely nothing to that extent. Stevenson could go for 5 million but if there is no investment back in the team then its worth nothing
...of course , Timmy can say he's balanced the books.

Skyblueweeman

£1.5m for someone who has played less than 25 professional games...this is why football is going down the pan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

This rumour is popping up on a lot of Brentford fan sites. You'd think it is likely at least one of them was 'in the know'.

Skyblueweeman

Yeah it really isn't enough for all the development put into him jeez.

You can give someone as much development as possible. Doesn't mean they're going to be a world beater. I still maintain that £1.5m for someone who has played so few games is too much (I know it'll help us as a club though).

ccfclinney

Just seen on sky sports news.. sky sources understand that brentford have bid for Stevenson. Shame good talent but needs couple more years of regular first team football reject the first offers it's still very early and won't be shy off offers in the future ! Just If we did that with callum wilson

clint van damme

Good offer, though I think he is better than Maddison.

I agree, but I think with Slade more than likely looking to add some steel to the midfield I really think he can push on in the 2nd half of the season and increase his value further.

joemercersaces

Shows what Sisu have achieved. We have gone from Ranson apparently wanting to resist a bid from Liverpool for Thomas, to having our young talent poached by the mighty, err, Brentford! Who'll be coming in and picking us off in a couple more years? Dynamo Long Itchington?

skybluepm2

This is one of the reasons why we are in such a shite position, despite selling off the Crown Jewels season after season. Look at the likes of Peterborough, who often receive a shed load of cash for their players before selling and don't start doing back flips at the thought of a quick buck. I recall Asombalonga being sold to Forest at the same time as Wilson went to Bournemouth. Where we got £3m, Forest got another £2.5m. It's safe to say that Bournemouth and Posh came out of those deals better than ourselves and Forest.

Southampton were and still are renowned for producing top talent, hence why they wouldn't allow the likes of Bale, Walcott and and Oxlaide-Chamberlain to leave for much less than £20m each.

With us, short sighted incompetence glaringly shines through each and every occasion. What is the point in signing these young lads up to long term deals when we don't even use it as leverage?! Will Slade be given money to re-invest? Will he bollocks. 'The budget is the budget' or so we keep hearing from our glorious chairman. Yet the crowds that were achieved last season, exceeded the 'break even' target on most if not all occasions, so why has it not increased?

After Harries, Willis and Stevenson leave us for pastures new, who else is of any worth? Can anyone really imagine a club stumping up money for George Thomas, Lee Burge, DKE or Ryan Haynes? We aren't a never ending supply chain of talent and we are fast approaching the end of the road.

SlowerThanPlatt

This is one of the reasons why we are in such a shite position, despite selling off the Crown Jewels season after season. Look at the likes of Peterborough, who often receive a shed load of cash for their players before selling and don't start doing back flips at the thought of a quick buck. I recall Asombalonga being sold to Forest at the same time as Wilson went to Bournemouth. Where we got £3m, Forest got another £2.5m. It's safe to say that Bournemouth and Posh came out of those deals better than ourselves and Forest.

Southampton were and still are renowned for producing top talent, hence why they wouldn't allow the likes of Bale, Walcott and and Oxlaide-Chamberlain to leave for much less than £20m each.

With us, short sighted incompetence glaringly shines through each and every occasion. What is the point in signing these young lads up to long term deals when we don't even use it as leverage?! Will Slade be given money to re-invest? Will he bollocks. 'The budget is the budget' or so we keep hearing from our glorious chairman. Yet the crowds that were achieved last season, exceeded the 'break even' target on most if not all occasions, so why has it not increased?

After Harries, Willis and Stevenson leave us for pastures new, who else is of any worth? Can anyone really imagine a club stumping up money for George Thomas, Lee Burge, DKE or Ryan Haynes? We aren't a never ending supply chain of talent and we are fast approaching the end of the road.
Maybe not them players but the current academy crop are some of the best talents we've ever had according to Richard Stevens. Skyblue93 did a good review on another thread

covcity4life

stop selling. get to the championship. once there you are in limelight more for potential investers and always 1 fluke season away from jackpot.

Chipfat

I have been saying on here for a long time the club is running a Crewe type model, its very clear and has been for a while. I have no problem with this plan just wish someone at the club would say it without spinning it as something else. The owners are running it as a farm to feed a business, not a business to help success on the field, this is done without any care about what is on the field. They are not concerned about the success on the field as long as they can put 11 players on a pitch to keep the FL from the door nothing will change.

Harries is the next one out the door, if not this window come summer he will be gone, the only good thing i can see out of this is we have a few good players that will be given the chance to progress into the 1st team and be in the shop window for others to start bidding. Stevenson will sadly not be the last and while some will say every club is a selling club, so its ok, others see it for what it is. This club is on a complete wheel of bullshit and sadly the fans are being treated like idiots and are asked to follow the piper because of the love and passion they have for the club. These are owners who are playing on the hearts and passions of fans, not to mention minds...

I have made my mind up about what the club means to me while its being ran this way, i want nothing more than a change of ownership, don't get me wrong you can still run a club very successfully club with this type of program. But a club likes our should be ran with an eye on the future on and off the field, not run with only eyes off the field and just rotating staff to pretend you are doing otherwise. The pattern is obvious, the rhetoric is obvious, we are running it like Crewe with the same ambition as Crewe which is the most worrying thought of a club that should be doing so much better.

Thanks to Tim and Joy most are now settling for L2 standard and are happy to excuse very short minded people who do not care about you, the club or its history only its shell to be able to carry on this stupid game.

christonabike

It would be great business if we used the cash to pay for a new deal at the Ricoh for another few years. That would be one obstacle out of the way to say the least but no doubt it will all be smoke and mirrors and another £1M wiped off the Sisu debt.
Only £69M to go then.................................:rolleyes:

fernandopartridge

Would like to see a
I have been saying on here for a long time the club is running a Crewe type model, its very clear and has been for a while. I have no problem with this plan just wish someone at the club would say it without spinning it as something else. The owners are running it as a farm to feed a business, not a business to help success on the field, this is done without any care about what is on the field. They are not concerned about the success on the field as long as they can put 11 players on a pitch to keep the FL from the door nothing will change.

Harries is the next one out the door, if not this window come summer he will be gone, the only good thing i can see out of this is we have a few good players that will be given the chance to progress into the 1st team and be in the shop window for others to start bidding. Stevenson will sadly not be the last and while some will say every club is a selling club, so its ok, others see it for what it is. This club is on a complete wheel of bullshit and sadly the fans are being treated like idiots and are asked to follow the piper because of the love and passion they have for the club. These are owners who are playing on the hearts and passions of fans, not to mention minds...

I have made my mind up about what the club means to me while its being ran this way, i want nothing more than a change of ownership, don't get me wrong you can still run a club very successfully club with this type of program. But a club likes our should be ran with an eye on the future on and off the field, not run with only eyes off the field and just rotating staff to pretend you are doing otherwise. The pattern is obvious, the rhetoric is obvious, we are running it like Crewe with the same ambition as Crewe which is the most worrying thought of a club that should be doing so much better.

Thanks to Tim and Joy most are now settling for L2 standard and are happy to excuse very short minded people who do not care about you, the club or its history only its shell to be able to carry on this stupid game.

What do you mean? They've been quite open in the fact that they won't invest and will look for the club to breakeven. Is a Crewe model that bad? They spent a number of years in the second tier despite having tiny crowds.

I think it's too early for Stevenson to go, both for us, for him and for Brentford but I understand that selling players is going to be a necessary evil in the absence of sufficient revenue to make it unnecessary.

torchomatic

I love these "people don't care like what I do".

If there's a model we need to follow then its the Peterborough one.

NorthernWisdom

Is a Crewe model that bad?
A Crewe model (scaled up) would be no bad thing. To an extent, that's what Charlton under Curbishley did after all...

The downside is we don't follow such a model. If we did, then we'd have accepted there was a chance we'd have gone down under Pressley, as we'd have had faith in the long term gains of what he was trying to do. Mowbray was all about the loans, and Slade (whatever his merits) doesn't have a huge rep for bringing on da yoof.

So it seems we don't have faith in what we're trying to do and end up doing what most clubs do - lurch from opposites to opposites once a manager goes, rather than having faith in a system.

Ashdown

Don't know much about this lad. Could be a good price at that for all I know. Tis where the club is with the hedge fund though, another 'cash in' to maintain the status Quo. The club struggles along with absolutely no ambition other than for SISU not to have to crystalize their failed venture. After a couple more positive results on the pitch I now await the announcement of the next court case !

Users who are viewing this thread