Ben Turner (1 Viewer)

rob9872

I can't see another thread on this unless I've missed it, but apparently Big Ben has been charged by the FA for alleged racial abuse.

I'm not sure what he has said/done and hope there is no truth in it, but it's suggested he's looking at a lengthy ban.

covcity4life

Shame. I didnt like him that much in championship but thought he was excellent when he csme bsck.

Hopefully he didnt day anything and if he did it was from frustrstion and not deep-seated

chiefdave

Bit odd, none of the articles I can find on it reference who reported him or what and against who he said something to.

And the match in question was months ago.

ajsccfc

BURTON Albion defender Ben Turner has been charged for misconduct in relation to the Brewers game against Brentford on Saturday, December 10, 2016.

It is alleged that in the fixture, he used abusive and/or insulting words towards an opponent.
It is further alleged that this breach of Rule E3(1) is an “Aggravated Breach” as defined in Rule E3(2), as it included reference to ethnic origin and/or race and/or nationality.
The player has until February the 23rd to respond.
Ben Turner strongly denies the charge and will contest it.

CLUB STATEMENT - BEN TURNER

Bob Latchford

Wonder if it was against Gingers ?

rob9872

Secondary question I guess until we know the facts of what he has said/done, but if you thought he could keep us up (bearing in mind on here King, Evans, Hughes, McCormick supported), would you welcome him or refuse to attend?

Not that we need anything further divisive among an ever dwindling fan base, simply curious.

rob9872

Egg resin

Bob Latchford

Bob Latchford

Swanny used to say she was 'Strawberry Blonde ' not so sure I believed her myself .

Users who are viewing this thread