Biamou (1 Viewer)

steve82

All of those amazing chances he missed yesterday as well.

Yep, just watched the highlights. He should have bagged a double hat-trick at least.

Exactly! Countless shit misses....

All them quality balls put into the box to him to miss, I'm struggling to recall a ball played to him where it hadn't come from our own half with his back to goal.

Was there a cross for him to attack where he just had to beat his man and put the ball in the net?
Are we actually playing to his strengths to put him in situations to score?

I don't see JJ beating his man and putting a nice ball in or DeKE doing it the other side.

BackRoomRummermill

Do you think that robins taking him off was the last we see of him ? ( apart from the odd cameo sub role ) now that he has started him with nothing brewing
Does he actually suit 4th division football ? He might be better off in the Championship

Lord_Nampil

watching the highlights he won everything that went up to him... but had no service into the box... most his flick ons went to either Nazon or Jones as well so its not like he wasnt effective, just not where we would want him i guess!

steve82

Do you think that robins taking him off was the last we see of him ? ( apart from the odd cameo sub role ) now that he has started him with nothing brewing
Does he actually suit 4th division football ? He might be better off in the Championship

What service has he actually had without his back to goal? I can hardly think of any.

All his work has main been linking play up with his back to goal with JJ, Nazon or Kelly-Evans.

JJ goes solo so don't feed, Nazon like a shot from range or a give and go and Kelly-Evans is nowhere in sight.

So who's feeding Biamou the chances other than a long ball from Willis, Mcdonald or Doyle.

Maybe the set up or approach play is wrong to suit him.

stevefloyd

Jones and Nazon are taking pot shots from anywhere in Nazons defence would you stop him shooting because he is capable of a goal from anywhere and while you have to admire Jones confidence to shoot he has to assess if there is a better option first but unless we start to get quality balls into the box I think it will be a long bleak season for the likes of Biamou, McNulty and Beavon

BackRoomRummermill

Jones and Nazon are taking pot shots from anywhere in Nazons defence would you stop him shooting because he is capable of a goal from anywhere and while you have to admire Jones confidence to shoot he has to assess if there is a better option first but unless we start to get quality balls into the box I think it will be a long bleak season for the likes of Biamou, McNulty and Beavon[/QUOTE

He is far too good for this league

BackRoomRummermill

Why would it be? Did I miss him miss loads of open goals yesterday or something?

No your right he is there to be a ball holder and also a playmaker, unfortunately in Div 4 that does not work out , so what else can he do ? Robins admitted defeat by taking him off, you cant argue with that.

I have an issue with his demeanour that he thinks he is better than this league for some reason, I have seen him play 3 times he looks lazy yes has a good touch but apart from that nothing. He can make his own luck and chances surely He has also had chances to score with clear cut headers but failed so in my ' opinion ' a dud or not suited to Div 4 . I don't think he will start for a while

Is this 12 appearances and zero goals? you tell me

Looking forward to the back peddlers squadron

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
No your right he is there to be a ball holder and also a playmaker, unfortunately in Div 4 that does not work out , so what else can he do ? Robins admitted defeat by taking him off, you cant argue with that.

I have an issue with his demeanour that he thinks he is better than this league for some reason, I have seen him play 3 times he looks lazy yes has a good touch but apart from that nothing. He can make his own luck and chances surely He has also had chances to score with clear cut headers but failed so in my ' opinion ' a dud or not suited to Div 4 . I don't think he will start for a while

Who is going to back peddle?

Creating chances would be taking everybody on or scoring from a distance.

He is there as a target man, we need to play to that and put balls into the box

steve82

Please answer this, I'd be interested to see your take on why he's yet to score.

What service has he actually had without his back to goal? 2/3 chances in all those games you list?

All his work has main been linking play up with his back to goal with JJ, Nazon or Kelly-Evans.

JJ goes solo so don't feed, Nazon like a shot from range or a give and go and Kelly-Evans is nowhere in sight.

So who's feeding Biamou the chances other than a long ball from Willis, Mcdonald or Doyle.

Maybe the set up or approach play is wrong to suit him.

BackRoomRummermill

Are you suggesting in his 12 times out on the field in a sky blue shirt that he has not had a chance in the box of either a header , or a shot on goal ?

steve82

Are you suggesting in his 12 times out on the field in a sky blue shirt that he has not had a chance in the box of either a header , or a shot on goal ?

I'm not saying he hasn't had a few odd chances to open his account I can think of 3/4 chances that he could of maybe scored in all the games like the header at Barnet, the 1v1 in the opening minutes in the game v Swindon plus one or two others.

What I'm asking is who supplying all these opportunities each game that he's not taking, not the one chance a game very few L2 strikers score at a rate of.

90% of balls a game to him is fed from Willis, Doyle, or Mcdonald.

Reduce that and have some balls feed from the wing from Grimmer, JJ or vincenti/Haynes down the other flank I'm sure you will see a rise in his goals return.

Do you not think playing the ball to him in dangerous areas is better than using him to hold the ball up and lay off to JJ to have a generally abysmal shot or a wonder goal from Nazon.
Because at the minute that's the only way we're geared up to play baring a set piece which we're generally poor at too given the height in the team we cannot get the delivery right.

Last edited:

BackRoomRummermill

You tell me?

If you get to see any playback you will note this kid fails to run on after a flick on, think of the role he is playing , we have seen this in the past ' the little and large ' Shearer and Sutton , Wallace and Hutch ( how many goals did Hutch get ) Toshack and Keegan , Niall Quinn and Kevin Phillips , do I need to go on? The guy is bereft of any football thinking , maybe he does not speak English very well or something but to have people big up is ridiculous. Robins has be blamed here. He will not do anything for CCFC

CCFC54321

Doesn’t look like he actually believes in himself. I’ve yet to meet anyone who actually thinks he’s any good....

Last edited:

steve82

If you get to see any playback you will note this kid fails to run on after a flick on, think of the role he is playing , we have seen this in the past ' the little and large ' Shearer and Sutton , Wallace and Hutch ( how many goals did Hutch get ) Toshack and Keegan , Niall Quinn and Kevin Phillips , do I need to go on? The guy is bereft of any football thinking , maybe he does not speak English very well or something but to have people big up is ridiculous. Robins has be blamed here. He will not do anything for CCFC

If I'm right in thinking they were duo's in a 442 formation playing slightly different roles than the 4231 and more advanced too.

Your right he don't always bomb on but the times I've seen Biamou not go in after his flick on it's because he's become the 10 and swapped with Nazon who's become the no9 and Nazon is in the advanced position with Biamou going in late. So effectively his job role has changed.

It's about having that understanding with your partner that you touched on with the Sutton and shearer, Phillips and Quinn, Heskey and Owen..... but having that service to thrive upon and be each others foil to unlock the opposition.

I do honestly believe a tweak in formation, build up play and personnel in the wide areas and goals would come, currently it's not quite right.

BackRoomRummermill

If I'm right in thinking they were duo's in a 442 formation playing slightly different roles than the 4231 and more advanced too.

Your right he don't always bomb on but the times I've seen Biamou not go in after his flick on it's because he's become the 10 and swapped with Nazon who's become the no9 and Nazon is in the advanced position with Biamou going in late. So effectively his job role has changed.

It's about having that understanding with your partner that you touched on with the Sutton and shearer, Phillips and Quinn, Heskey and Owen..... but having that service to thrive upon and be each others foil to unlock the opposition.

I do honestly believe a tweak in formation, build up play and personnel in the wide areas and goals would come, currently it's not quite right.

At last , I am slightly concerned in that is there a communication issue or something else with the lad. At the moment he just looks lazy and caught up in it all. I see a goal from him at the moment is more like a fluke than contrived. Yes a good touch blah blah but something is not quite right. The same for Mcnulty .... is it that the duck is taking all the shine ?

JimmyHillsbeard

As I said yesterday - and it's damning with faint praise but I actually think Biamou was our best (or least worst) player yesterday. He never looked like scoring but neither did anyone else (apart from one poor miss from Le Duck).

And while we are at it, a change of style was called for yesterday in order to create some pressure around the box. Maybe Beavon rather than Ponticelli, McNulty or Vicenti would have been an idea.

singers_pore

Yep, just watched the highlights. He should have bagged a double hat-trick at least.

Good players will make chances for themselves not just rely on others to put it on a plate for them. There is a reason that JJ and Duck are our leading scorers. They are simply much better than McNulty and Biamou.

Nick

Administrator
Good players will make chances for themselves not just rely on others to put it on a plate for them. There is a reason that JJ and Duck are our leading scorers. They are simply much better than McNulty and Biamou.

They are completely different players. Duck is pretty much having to score from a distance.

There is saying good players make chances for themselves, and there is expecting a player to bring it down out of the air with 2 defenders on him, turn, take them on and put it in the goal. In league 2.

Nick

Administrator

He does sometimes, if you watch him during games you will also see him running and dragging defenders out to create space for Duck. Quite often he will take his defender out of the box and then try and make a late run into the box. His movement is usually pretty good.

He doesn't suit the style of play at all if we aren't going to whip crosses in, ironically when he got brought off yesterday we switched to lumping it forward where he would have been ideal.

BackRoomRummermill

They are completely different players. Duck is pretty much having to score from a distance.

There is saying good players make chances for themselves, and there is expecting a player to bring it down out of the air with 2 defenders on him, turn, take them on and put it in the goal. In league 2.

I don't think anyone can do that , but surely bring it down , lay it off , then move to get a chance is any day football , would you not agree?

Nick

Administrator
I don't think anyone can do that , but surely bring it down , lay it off , then move to get a chance is any day football , would you not agree?

He does that a fair bit too. He did that to create a chance yesterday with some decent passing.

He brings it down, who does it lay it off to to then whip a cross in for a header or tap in? Often goes to Jones, who will shoot from anywhere rather than lay it off.

By no means saying he is the next Aguero or world class striker but not buying the "is this the last we will ever see of him" as if he has missed multiple open goals and had a stinker. There were a few worse players on the pitch yesterday.

steve82

At last , I am slightly concerned in that is there a communication issue or something else with the lad. At the moment he just looks lazy and caught up in it all. I see a goal from him at the moment is more like a fluke than contrived. Yes a good touch blah blah but something is not quite right. The same for Mcnulty .... is it that the duck is taking all the shine ?

He has a "lazy" stance about him but there are many a player like that, you can go the opposite way with Beavon who is a "busy" player but it makes no odds....

To me we're simply not geared up towards him being the focal point it's just JJ or Nazon with him as the outlet to feed.

Change the system, one or two players and approach play it will suit him more if not he's picking up crumbs.

McNulty and Biamou I think could work well in a 442. McNulty makes intelligent runs but was yet get going before his injury, and he could feed off Biamou in a big man little man combo, but to do that we need to find a winger to work opposite JJ, who can actually beat his man and good at crossing balls in for Biamou to attack or knockdown for McNulty.

bradwellskyblues

have not been so close to the pitch as i was yesterday and it was interesting to see the players that close up,the frustration was obvious but to be fair to Biamou he was up against a man mountain who was all over him,i thought he stuck to his task well but was clearly getting pissed off as of course were all 1800 of us. For what its worth i would of bought on vicente for the second half and taken off DKE who was getting nowhere we could of competed much better with his physicality

Cov kid 55

The only balls we play to our two strikers are to their feet with their backs to goal, or high for them to try to flick on. We very rarely play a ball through and behind the defence, for our strikers or wing backs to run onto. We are not turning our opponent’s defenders, they are always playing what’s in front of them, which makes it easier for them. Two reasons for this, perhaps; the lack of creative players able to ‘pick a pass’, or/and, our forwards not making the kind of runs that encourage this type of pass. Our attacking play is very predictable and, therefore, easy to defend against. Accrington’s play in the first half was faster and caused us problems, in the second half we ‘huffed and puffed’ but never opened them up. I’m sure that MR will be working on creativity this week, as we need two wins this week to build confidence and keep in touch at the top of the table.

ceetee

Creativity comes from midfield mostly.
We don't have such a player, or if we do, he isn't allowed to play that way.
Our midfield is geared up to protecting the defence. That's why we have a low goals against.
Alot of our goals against last year came from midfield mistakes.

Users who are viewing this thread