Bid Tabled for Ricoh from CCFC (1 Viewer)

glamour76

If CCFC have first option on Higgs shares, then surely if offer is as good as wasps then we get them? Or is that a simplistic way of looking at it

dongonzalos

Love it. Excuses already been made for ACL and Higgs.

The new stadium is bollocks and even if Higgs sell 50% to ccfc whilst still spouting tosh about a new stadium then building said stadium will own hurt ccfc/sisu as they will own half ACL anyway.

We should be putting pressure on ACL/Higgs now, unless we really want London wasps to 100% own ACL

Btw I think the deal with wasps is a done deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Unfortunately yes a massive excuse made for them by our owners.
When you put a bid in for The share. Why do you need to talk about a new stadium - even if that is your intention. Keep your gob shut to get the deal done.
You only mention the new stadium because you don't believe in the offer you put in.

dongonzalos

I am very concerned that both this bid and the "new stadium" will amount to nothing ........... ok CCFC have a rent deal for 2+2 years but then what?

New owners

If there is no rent deal and no new stadium.
The FL won't be made a mockery off again over a unnecessary move away ( as proven by our hasty return)

I also will not listen to the rubbish no one else would want us.

Same rubbish I heard about ACL and the Ricoh.

stupot07

New owners

The FL won't be made a mockery off again over a unnecessary move away ( as proven by our hasty return)

New owners? More likely sisu will sign another short term deal and sit this out in the hope wasps struggle, move out and sell up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Lord_Nampil

New owners? More likely sisu will sign another short term deal and sit this out in the hope wasps struggle, move out and sell up.

Or some one could come in and buy two clubs in two sports and a the lease of a sports stadium.......

Grendel

New owners

Same rubbish? You said it was worth £60 million didn't you? That was for a 42 year lease wasn't it? They had to extend the lease 5 fold - so ACL on a 43 year lease was worth what - about £1.2 million - £600,000 each - pretty worthless then really wasn't it.

stupot07

They could do, I honestly can't see one owner 2 clubs model working here in the uk. There would be too many conflicts of interest.

dongonzalos

Same rubbish? You said it was worth £60 million didn't you? That was for a 42 year lease wasn't it? They had to extend the lease 5 fold - so ACL on a 43 year lease was worth what - about £1.2 million - £600,000 each - pretty worthless then really wasn't it.

Nope I said the Ricoh itself was worth at least that not ACL

dongonzalos

I thought OSB meant if there is not another rent deal.

stupot07

I thought OSB meant if there is not another rent deal.

No, he said wasps have 100% and there is no new stadium, what happens after the 2+2 rent deal.

RoboCCFC90

I think this whole deal is a good idea personally, let's be honest, many do doubt - me included - that a new Stadium will and can be built, but to say for a second if it was this would be a good way of stabilising the Club and bringing in additional revenues in the meanwhile.

What I'd like to know here is what additional revenues the Club would be entitled to and how it would the Club in the short term, is it enough for say an additional number of signings for Pressley?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

No, he said wasps have 100% and there is no new stadium, what happens after the 2+2 rent deal.

Well my reply was if there is no rent deal and no new stadium. I meant no new rent deal as well.
Yes I agree with you they will keep extending the rent hoping wasps struggle.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think this whole deal is a good idea personally, let's be honest, many do doubt - me included - that a new Stadium will and can be built, but to say for a second if it was this would be a good way of stabilising the Club and bringing in additional revenues in the meanwhile.

What I'd like to know here is what additional revenues the Club would be entitled to and how it would the Club in the short term, is it enough for say an additional number of signings for Pressley?

It would entitle you to half of ACL's 80% shares in IEC, the company which actually obtains the Ricoh's revenue. What this would mean is access to 40% of the stadium's total revenues all year round-so Wasps and CCFC would benefit from each other's success as well as the success of the venue as a whole (could be wrong though). A glance at IEC's accounts will tell you how much this would bring in.

RoboCCFC90

It would entitle you to half of ACL's 80% shares in IEC, the company which actually obtains the Ricoh's revenue. What this would mean is access to 40% of the stadium's total revenues all year round-so Wasps and CCFC would benefit from each other's success as well as the success of the venue as a whole (could be wrong though). A glance at IEC's accounts will tell you how much this would bring in.

Wow. Thanks BSB, I am all for it personally, we could bring in two quality players (a Goalkeeper and hard man Midfielder) with a decent revenue increase, I still think the aim has to be promotion for a better financial health.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wow. Thanks BSB, I am all for it personally, we could bring in two quality players (a Goalkeeper and hard man Midfielder) with a decent revenue increase, I still think the aim has to be promotion for a better financial health.

The higher up the pyramid you go the less this income matters but it would benefit the other party as well which is why I think the 50/50 idea is better for all than some say. If you were then to buy out Compass' 20% in IEC then of course your revenue share increases.

Is 80% of one club being here better than 40% of two? Much of a muchness I think.

Noggin

you are assuming we are currently ffp capped and that is the reason for low player spend, not just we don't want to spend money on players. I don't think this is accurate at all.

RoboCCFC90

you are assuming we are currently ffp capped and that is the reason for low player spend, not just we don't want to spend money on players. I don't think this is accurate at all.

Apologies!

MichaelCCFC

This thread is like entering a parallel universe!

acl-ccc-higgs all went Wasps to have 100%. Wasps want 100%. sisu are being sisu - if they really wanted the 50% they would have put the money on the table. They would have liked to get things for peanuts but that's failed and they have not intention of paying real money so instead they're just doing their usual PR game of 'the nasty other people won't give us the info' and making a conditional offer they know has zero chance of being successful. We really need to wake up and smell the coffee - sisu are not going to invest in CCFC and Wasps are not going to help CCFC in any way at all.

blend

“It’s about using football for community cohesion and the ultimate betterment of the whole Coventry community.

:pointlaugh::facepalm: If only it was............

Nick

Administrator
Done to death hasn't it Nick?.... SISU offered slightly more than Wasps but with provisos added.... Nothing more than what the CCC have been accused of ..."PHISHING" with no intent to buy. Wasps's offer was without provisos, get over it.

giphy.gif

Jeez, you have out done yourself there.

Grendel

The bid was turned down as they'd already agreed to sell to wasps as wasps were only interested in the whole business.

That clown PWKH admitted it on the Shane O'Connor show and was immediately shut down by slime ball Eastwood.

It was done on legal advice that the Higgs share technically should be out out to bid so the club could make an offer.

Nothing to do with conditions, nothing to do with the offer price. On the radio even before the bid was tabled he said that they were selling to Wasps.

Sky Blue Kid

Please read but don't choke on it guys..... There again!......

Coventry City chairman Tim Fisher has described an offer from the club’s owners to purchase a half share in the Ricoh Arena business as “very generous”.

Mr Fisher also said the football club ‘owed it to the fans’ to try and secure a stake in the Ricoh Arena operating firm ACL.

Sky Blues’ owners tabled a last-minute bid to buy out a 50 per cent share of ACL owned by The Alan Edward Higgs Charity.

He added that the offer was not purely financial but also included an opportunity for the club and the Higgs charity to put any previous bad blood behind them and work together in the community.

However, the Sky Blues chairman also insisted the club was still forging ahead with plans to build its own stadium.

He said: “We have made a conditional offer – we are still awaiting vital information.

“Through the liquidator the club has been given an opportunity to purchase the Higgs’ shares in ACL and we have made a very generous offer.

“This might be a unique opportunity and we owe it to the fans to try to purchase a stake in the Ricoh Arena thereby securing our short-term future, and to bolster revenues in regards to financial fairplay and improve the product on the pitch, which will be the first time since we left Highfield Road.

“This does not detract from us building our own stadium; it is important we keep a focus in that because we need access to 100 per cent of stadium revenues.

Nick

Administrator
Choke on what? You making a fool of yourself again?

You have quoted me posting a link in a thread years ago.

Grendel

The Ricoh was sold on October 7

The "conditions" if they are ever revealed were that the football club would actively support the charity. It wasn't an imposing condition,

Users who are viewing this thread