Big Sam for England (1 Viewer)

Orca

Big Sam Allardyce is now joint favourite at 4/1 with Klinsmann to be the next England manager.

If he does get appointed, we'll have former players or managers in charge of all 4 home nations.

Houdi

giphy.gif
Andy Thorn is still available.

fernandopartridge

Name me an Englishman who has?

At least he's got a track record of winning games with a bang average team - just what England need IMO

Yes, that brilliantly successful Sunderland team.

Or the Bolton team, where he spent way way beyond the club's means in an attempt to qualify for Europe. Look where they are now.

Or his Newcastle and Blackburn sides, he left them both shortly before they were both relegated.

He's another Harry Redknapp, relying on idiot chairman to fund his splurges. He won't be able to do that with England and will have to work with what he's got.

ajsccfc

If the FA insist on an Englishman he'd be my choice. Not sure how he'd do but just to see him laughing at poncy foreigners.

PVA

Yes, that brilliantly successful Sunderland team.

Or the Bolton team, where he spent way way beyond the club's means in an attempt to qualify for Europe. Look where they are now.

Or his Newcastle and Blackburn sides, he left them both shortly before they were both relegated.

He's another Harry Redknapp, relying on idiot chairman to fund his splurges. He won't be able to do that with England and will have to work with what he's got.

So much wrong with this post.

Newcastle is his only bad job, he's done very well elsewhere.

He had Bolton finishing 6th/7th in the Premier League. Like you say, now look at them.

Brylowes

#Canto-yes ...:)

No really if they're serious about getting somewhere
tempt Alex Ferguson out of retirement

Hadji10

He probably is the best English candidate and that just highlights how poor the choices are. How is Klinnsmann so high up? He's took the USA backwards.

bawtryneal

Arsene Wenger for me. He knows the premier league better than anybody. If not available now get a caretaker for a year and let him takeover end of next season. Caretaker could be Gary Neville.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

He'd be a superb appointment gets sides to work together very quickly & compete above their level, good man manager. Basically what you want at international level surely?

Hadji10

Tactics is the most important thing in Int'l football. Would Sam be able to outwit a top international coach who has better players? I doubt it.

Liquid Gold

Terrible appointment in my opinion, might do ok for a couple of years and won't let us be embarrassed by teams like Iceland but we're never going to win anything with him and he'll just slow the development of our young team leaving us in exactly the same position in a few years time. It's exactly this short term thinking that has got us into this state in the first place.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Ryan Giggs got it right the other day. All of them have way to much to young and have no respect for the badge or for seasoned pros in their clubs he called it the headphone culture no conversation. You need some one who can get past all the fame and celebrity trappings and grab the twats by the scruff of the neck. Ferguson would be great but I doubt he would want it, Hoddle would be a good choice as he makes them play systems but with a number 2 in the mould of Keane who would put the fear of god in to the lazy twats.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Eric Cantona for me, check out he's video on youtube. Brilliant :woot:

andrew.roberts

As much as it hurts to say it, I don't believe we have either the talent and even more so the necessary desire that some of the so called lesser teams have demonstrated. Contrary to what the players have said, there doesn't seem to be any passion in wearing the shirt anymore. Most of them are ridiculously overpaid and representing their country appears to be a chore rather than the enormous
privilege that it is. Most worthy managers know that they'd be on a hiding to nothing taking on the job unless it were for purely mercenary motives.
All the above is simply an opinion

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

rupert_bear

I do think at that level you need someone who has been there, done it and has the T-shirt and that's where poor old Roy Hodgson was always on a loser. Now I would never have Alan Shearer as a club manager but would give him a go for England, he knows the scene, is a stone faced miserable bastard, knows what is needed to create goals and just as important wouldn't tolerate any billy big bollocks either.

fernandopartridge

What current English manager has ?
It doesn't have to be English. It needs to somebody who has the strength of character to take on egos and primmadonnas. It can't be anyone in the 'club' of pundits and players of last 20 years.
Like somebody said, Hoddle might work.

Orca

It doesn't have to be English. It needs to somebody who has the strength of character to take on egos and primmadonnas. It can't be anyone in the 'club' of pundits and players of last 20 years.

What? Hoddle the current pundit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skyblue1991

Hoddle is currently a puntdit and managed England 17 years ago?

Users who are viewing this thread