Big Sam for England (1 Viewer)

KG7

Allardyce has proven to be shrewd tactically, Hoddle and Howe as coach and assistant for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JulianDarbyFTW

I'd go for Shearer. Germany have recently gone for just-retired ex-Internationals; Klinsmann and Voller spring to mind. They have the status to do it, with old heads in the backroom team. Can't be any worse than Woy and McLaren surely?

Orca

Hoddle the ex England manager with a decent record.
Decent record? Yeah in 1999 for England. Last job nearly 10 years ago, but none of his last three club jobs lasted. Wouldn't you say the game has moved on a bit since then?

Also, can anyone, hand on heart, say they've been impressed by Hoddle's punditry over the course of the Euros? He's a liability and would set us back 10 years.

skyblue1991

Shearer?? Hahahaha. He's had one job, been awful and he talks complete bollocks on MOTD.

Just because he made a plea after the Iceland game? Pathetic.
Let's be honest, Newcastle were going down before he joined. It was a mess top to bottom.

I want someone with a bit of passion, someone who won't take any shit and knows their football. You think Shearer talks bollocks on MOTD? I disagree, I think he's a good pundit.

Let's here who you would have if you wouldn't say already, I'm sure yours will be the correct choice as I talk rubbish.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

skyblue1991

I would also be happy with Big Sam. The football may not be pretty but he has gotten average players to play as a team which is what we need.

Otis

Decent record? Yeah in 1999 for England. Last job nearly 10 years ago, but none of his last three club jobs lasted. Wouldn't you say the game has moved on a bit since then?

Also, can anyone, hand on heart, say they've been impressed by Hoddle's punditry over the course of the Euros? He's a liability and would set us back 10 years.

I wonder how many more years back Big Sam would set us.

Orca

I wonder how many more years back Big Sam would set us.

He's a lot more astute and forward thinking than people give him credit for. I've been into a dressing room the day after a game when he managed Bolton. The level of detail in planning displayed in charts on the wall was phenomenal. I remember there being charts for about 30 set pieces he expected the opposition to use as well as details of the runs with and without the ball he expected his team to make.

At least with Sam, we be organised and cohesive, which in my opinion is a step forward from where we are now.

Otis

He's a lot more astute and forward thinking than people give him credit for. I've been into a dressing room the day after a game when he managed Bolton. The level of detail in planning displayed in charts on the wall was phenomenal. I remember there being charts for about 30 set pieces he expected the opposition to use as well as details of the runs with and without the ball he expected his team to make.

At least with Sam, we be organised and cohesive, which in my opinion is a step forward from where we are now.

Too old school for me. I think we need forward thinking. I personally don't think Alladyce would bring that.

skyblue1991

Too old school for me. I think we need forward thinking. I personally don't think Alladyce would bring that.

If that is the case there are a few thousand with that mentaility at thre Ricoh every week. One of those will do.

Samo

I disagree, I think he's shrewd, relatively intelligent, understands tactics, understands the game in depth and loves England.
And by the way... Big Sam would NEVER command the respect of the England players.

eastwoodsdustman

I disagree, I think he's shrewd, relatively intelligent, understands tactics, understands the game in depth and loves England.
And by the way... Big Sam would NEVER command the respect of the England players.

Could anyone demand respect from them? Most are in a bubble and think that thy're untouchable. Maybe Allardyce would be the one to pick lesser players who want to achieve something more than their next Ferrari or latest watch.

Samo

Could anyone demand respect from them? Most are in a bubble and think that thy're untouchable. Maybe Allardyce would be the one to pick lesser players who want to achieve something more than their next Ferrari or latest watch.

So nobody from the Prem then.
What we need is a sports psychologist to get the best out of our best players.

Bruce the Boot

How many times do we seek something forward, future thinking, How about just employing somebody who knows how to win a game of football.We dont need another good talker of the game we need a man that does it his way and gets results , who knows todays game ,not tomorrows, Id give Big Sam a go .

Samo

How many times do we seek something forward, future thinking, How about just employing somebody who knows how to win a game of football.We dont need another good talker of the game we need a man that does it his way and gets results , who knows todays game ,not tomorrows, Id give Big Sam a go .

Yeah what England really needs now is a bloke who's bummed around the arse end of the prem or below for his whole career, is renowned for route one football and who the players will never take seriously.

Rodders1

So much wrong with this post.

Newcastle is his only bad job, he's done very well elsewhere.

He had Bolton finishing 6th/7th in the Premier League. Like you say, now look at them.
I agree. I want him in. It's international football and so we must go English. We're a massive nation and to have a non local in charge would be terrible. In fact I think it's borderline cheating. Apart from smaller nations look at Germany France Spain Italy ..... All have a manager from the own nation. Also three of those four countries have managers who haven't done much at club level.

Look at Coleman for Wales ..... Didn't finish above 17th at Cov in the champ and lead Wales to the semi's.

Give sam or Bruce a go....

skyblue1991

Yeah what England really needs now is a bloke who's bummed around the arse end of the prem or below for his whole career, is renowned for route one football and who the players will never take seriously.
And go for someone who's last job in football management was in 2006.

It's no different to a selection of Cov fans wanting Eric Black back just because he has a 'good record'

Otis

I think it would return us to the dark ages. The international game has moved on. I know Iceland and Wales did well this time, but I think that was just an anomaly.

We try and play the old England way we are just going to go backwards.

We have to bring ourselves up to the level of the best teams in the world by deploying the systems and tactics that has brought all them the success (Italy, Spain, Germany, France etc.).

Think we would play with a lot of fight and spirit under Alladyce, but that would be about it.

Samo

And go for someone who's last job in football management was in 2006.

It's no different to a selection of Cov fans wanting Eric Black back just because he has a 'good record'

Yeah you're right, Hoddle will have been locked in a room for the last 10 years and will know nothing about the modern game. Jeez!

oscillatewildly

I'd let Hoddle have another go.
Been saying the same for years. We'll never know of course what he could have achieved if not for a silly opinion which he decided to go public with.
After our latest flailings at doing this kicking a ball thing, I'd even suggest if he got the job he should recall the last squad he worked with.

Brylowes

Think he might be over complicating things. :bag:

Liquid Gold

I think it would return us to the dark ages. The international game has moved on. I know Iceland and Wales did well this time, but I think that was just an anomaly.

We try and play the old England way we are just going to go backwards.

We have to bring ourselves up to the level of the best teams in the world by deploying the systems and tactics that has brought all them the success (Italy, Spain, Germany, France etc.).

Think we would play with a lot of fight and spirit under Alladyce, but that would be about it.

Whilst I agree with the majority of your point I don't think we should be developing in the same way other successful nations have. I think it's a big problem after every failure in a tournament we go "look how good Spain are" and we try to play like that for a few years while international football moves forward. We need to be proactive not reactive and look at what the next trend coming is. To be successful you have to be innovative so we should be looking at how best to develop a new English style of play and have other nations looking to us for inspiration.

Allardyce isn't the answer, we're not going to get that innovation from him and can you imagine how boring it would be watching us scrape a 1-0 against Malta playing terrible route 1 football.

stevefloyd

We've just had one of the biggest useless cunts ever with Woy, Allardyce maybe should have got the job over that incompetent twat (who incidentally I berated the appointment at the time and got shot down) but now we cannot let someone like Allardyce take over now, he is not used to managing big overpaid useless players, we need someone who isn't going to bow to pressure of the press, knows tactics and is a winner...
Hoddle had his chance and blew it...lets not go backwards lets go forwards...so I guess its gonna be a foreign manager because we aint got nobody anywhere near good enough who is English or even British !!

Orca

We've just had one of the biggest useless cunts ever with Woy, Allardyce maybe should have got the job over that incompetent twat (who incidentally I berated the appointment at the time and got shot down) but now we cannot let someone like Allardyce take over now, he is not used to managing big overpaid useless players, we need someone who isn't going to bow to pressure of the press, knows tactics and is a winner...
Hoddle had his chance and blew it...lets not go backwards lets go forwards...so I guess its gonna be a foreign manager because we aint got nobody anywhere near good enough who is English or even British !!
Allardyce has always given the impression to me that he couldn't care less about egos and who'd been on the cover of a computer game. He cares only about winning. FFS he continued to pick the paedo Adam Johnson because he thought it would give him a better chance of 3 points.

skyblue1991

Allardyce has always given the impression to me that he couldn't care less about egos and who'd been on the cover of a computer game. He cares only about winning. FFS he continued to pick the paedo Adam Johnson because he thought it would give him a better chance of 3 points.
Agree with this.

Would be happy with Allardyce. We could do worse.

Otis

Hmm.

Interested to read this morning that the FA turned Allardyce down 10 years ago because they believed his philosophy had, had its day.

Like I say, I worry he will take us very much backwards. :(

Otis

Also don't believe this long game tag is a 'myth' as has been suggested.

Had that tag of a long ball merchant thrown at him for years, which he vehemently denies, but Sunderland last season had less possession than any other side and also played the least short passes of any side.

If we are going for Allardyce I think we may well need to start breeding a generation of Andy Carroll's.

Isn't there also going to be the problem of players playing for England in a style completely alien to how they play for their clubs?

I find it a worrying choice.

stupot07

Didn't Leicester have one xof the lowest possession stats in the league last year?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread