Bigi joins Motherwell (1 Viewer)

Astute

About 4 years ago.

And unfortunately had to endure many more on TV (or is that not an an appropriate way to view and make an accurate assessment of the quality of a game of football?).
Is how most of us assess our games these days.

Scottish football isn't as bad as some try to make out. Yes the small clubs are just that. They don't normally overpay their players. But not all clubs are small. But it seems that the thought is all clubs are poor. I actually enjoy watching football in Scotland. And I live quite close and now have a grandson there so visit quite frequently.

Gaz71

Apart from 1977 ;-)

We didn't wear stripes in 1977.
8e5e58973294ba0ced81edb113d55293.png

fernandopartridge

Not having a go here but you're another one with misguided conceptions of Scottish football. SPL is IMHO at least mid to top end Championship or lower EPL.
It's mid table championship at best, Celtic are the exception as they'd push for a top half Premier League finish.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Astute

Well I remember you telling us what a great coup it was to get Jennings as you know people who watch a lot of Scottish football who rated him, turns out he was completely rubbish.
I said he was the link between defence and midfield that we desperately needed. The sort of player that some don't appreciate. Look at Doyle. Some love him. Some hate him. He went backwards when he came to England. So why didn't he go back to Scotland and become good again? He would earn more money if he did.

You have said Bigi is shit constantly. I expect you are hoping that he becomes a world beater in Scotland. Although when when questioned you tried to say that your long time thoughts about him were only a joke.

Astute

I disagree. I thought he was a good player for us and was harshly treated by Pressley. Robins certainly rated him as he was consistently in his teams.
And in a team that was doing well.

Don't worry. That poster has been trying to get internet points against me lately. This place gets silly at times.

Astute

Yeah, wasn't disagreeing with you. I think people exaggerate how poor the SPL is. The standard of football I've seen is reasonable.
Or they don't have a clue about Scottish football and copy what other people that don't have a clue say.

But the jump from the SPL to the next division is larger than in England.

covcity4life

fuck it he gone now. some happy some not

but we all need to focus on getting a replacement now

well robins does but you know what i mean!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Gael Bigirimana's agent reveals why he snubbed Coventry City Interesting from his agent, saying we offered less than some conference players are getting.

Sure they must have this bloke on speed dial! How many articles is it now?

Interestingly, as was posted on here (I think) re Peterborough Chairmans comments re conference players, I think this probably says more about conference players' wage demands, some of which conference clubs may concede and give into, than it does about our wage structure.

As Otis says;
And yet seemingly new decent players are joining us.

Clearly our wage structure can't be that bad? Are 8 players (inc Stokes and Burge) really likely to accept less than conference wage to stick around / sign up?

Last edited:

skybluebeduff

Sure they must have this bloke on speed dial! How many articles is it now?

Interestingly, as was posted on here (I think), I think this probably says more about conference players' wage demands, some of which conference clubs may concede and give into, than it does about our wage structure.

As Otis says;

Clearly our wage structure can't be that bad? Are 8 players (inc Stokes and Burge) really likely to accept less than conference wage to stick around / sign up?
Which makes the CET article all the more interesting, because we all know by now how much of a pathetic paper it is.

Nick

Administrator
It was obvious he wasn't staying, the for sale article about him kind of gave it away pimping him about a few weeks ago.

Interesting the 50 per cent pay cut if relegated came into it, shows how much confidence as a player if that is even a thought.

To think that a year ago he was at Newcastle and then, all of a sudden, he’s getting less than players in the Conference and it’s one hell of a thing to take on board.

Yes, it shows how it is back to reality and the level. Otherwise his agent would have got him something in the Championship or even League 1.

NorthernWisdom

And yet seemingly new decent players are joining us.
Both can be true of course - the odd Conference team may splash out for one or two players, but our overall wage structure can be higher.

Plus, we may not actually value Bigi enough to think it worth budging on any offer we made.

tbh, it seems a move is best all-round. Tend to agree though, his agent seems to be trouble.

chiefdave

Bigi really needs a new agent. This guy is more interested in getting himself publicity than looking after his players.

Just googled him and the only thing he comes up in connection with is Bigi and that's all stuff in the Telegraph.

His website doesn't list any players and according to companies house the original Lee Marsh Associates was struck off in 2013 and a newer Lee Marsh Associates is a doormat company. Hope the tax man knows thats not correct.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
The other question is why didn't his agent get him something better than CCFC when he left Newcastle if it was that bad? Why was he on trial with Yeovil and not a Sheffield United / Bolton type L1 club or Championship club?

Doing a Google, it looks like he was mouthing off when Bigi was at Newcastle too.

Newcastle player was Pardewed according to agent 'Exclusive' | NUFC The Mag

It is along the same lines as Mifsud's agent, he seems everything that Bigi seems not to be. He would be better off with an agent who does the business behind the scenes and gets the best for his player's career. That approach would probably put managers off wouldn't it?

Didn't CCFC offer him a longer deal but Bigi and his agent insisted on a 1 year deal? Not sure it could be any more obvious they wanted a "stepping stone".

Grendel

This isn't that difficult to work out. As i said weeks ago he was offered a cut price deal if he wanted to stay and be part of the squad. Thomas, on the other hand has been offered a big increase as he is a real prospect.

The agent is bleating on about Bigi being at Newcastle. What he needs to understand is the reason they threw him in the garbage can and we were the only ones to scavenge in the rubbish

He is a disruptive influence - we are well rid

Adge

This isn't that difficult to work out. As i said weeks ago he was offered a cut price deal if he wanted to stay and be part of the squad. Thomas, on the other hand has been offered a big increase as he is a real prospect.

The agent is bleating on about Bigi being at Newcastle. What he needs to understand is the reason they threw him in the garbage can and we were the only ones to scavenge in the rubbish

He is a disruptive influence - we are well rid
Disruptive influence he may be. Add into the mix that he wasn't very good at football either!

gspotgaz

He really is shit, who cares. We need winners going forward, he's far too delicate mentally to make it at a good level

Nonleagueherewecome

I thibk majority of scottish prem would be high league 1 stabdard.

Bit celtic woukd be top 12 in prem with current squad and manager i reckon

So likes of aberdeen at championship level for me.

I make this about right, although I would maybe have Celtic a bit lower, about 14th.

Wasn't Stephen Jennings something like runner up or 3rd in the SPL Player of the Year for Motherwell the season before joining us? That tells a tale.

I reckon Celtic bottom half Prem, Aberdeen decent Championship, Rangers lower Championship/top L1, the rest lower L1/average L2.

Nonleagueherewecome

If that's the case how does Motherwells English content of their squad comprise of players recruited from Chester, Plymouth, Wrexham and one whose career graced the dizzy heights of Swindon Submarine? Wages dictate ability - wages on offer are sub league 1 and the players are from sub league 1
Do you mean Swindon Supermarine, as in Spitfire?! Mate at Uni was from Swindon and they were his second team! Otherwise agree totally with your point, it is mostly L1/L2 players and I am sure some top Conference teams would survive in the SPL.

Nonleagueherewecome

Nick

Administrator
Bigi really needs a new agent. This guy is more interested in getting himself publicity than looking after his players.

Just googled him and the only thing he comes up in connection with is Bigi and that's all stuff in the Telegraph.

His website doesn't list any players and according to companies house the original Lee Marsh Associates was struck off in 2013 and a newer Lee Marsh Associates is a doormat company. Hope the tax man knows thats not correct.
I'm sure I have seen somewhere another player he represents but cant find it now.

Users who are viewing this thread