Bigi joins Motherwell (1 Viewer)

steve82

Anyone got any advances on 2 players on his client list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

higgs

We will get bigi back in 2 yrs when we are in the championship

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

AlansEyes

Bigi's agent makes the claim about Conference players earning more but doesn't even seem too sure, saying he has conference players 'probably' earning more. Surely he should know one way or the other!

He makes a case in the article as well that Bigi used to play for Newcastle in the PL and he couldn't stay in League Two, as if Bigi is completely blameless for the state we're in despite him putting in half a season of awful performances last year.

Anyway, that article is clearly just an attempt to see Bigi leave on good terms to pave the way for his return for the 2020/21 season.

Sky Blue Pete

Some worrying stuff in there if true. Contracts covering reductions in wages if we are relegated to conference. Gosh!

AFCCOVENTRY

Am I the only one not bothered about Bigi leaving?

He has flopped at every club since leaving us in the first place. He isn't a championship player and probably L1 is his standard.

We have better midfield players in already to replace him. There is no consistency to his game and he can be liability in games. Mis-placed passes, poor tackling and his positional play is all over the place.

Put in a few good performances last year but not enough to think shit we've lost a star player.

Terry Gibson's perm

Bigi's agent makes the claim about Conference players earning more but doesn't even seem too sure, saying he has conference players 'probably' earning more. Surely he should know one way or the other!

He makes a case in the article as well that Bigi used to play for Newcastle in the PL and he couldn't stay in League Two, as if Bigi is completely blameless for the state we're in despite him putting in half a season of awful performances last year.

Anyway, that article is clearly just an attempt to see Bigi leave on good terms to pave the way for his return for the 2020/21 season.

There probably are players earning very good money in the conference but there have been for years.

AlansEyes

There probably are players earning very good money in the conference but there have been for years.
Yup, I would imagine Reda for one is probably earning more than a good chunk of our squad. Just found it odd that he made the claim but didn't seem too sure.

I'm not too bothered about the relegation wage cuts that have been mentioned if we went down to the Conference. I can see why some would say it's a lack of ambition but surely it's just protecting us against the worst case scenario. Who knows, maybe Bigi's offer included a pay rise if we were promoted this season back to L1. But then his agent probably wouldn't mention that even if it was in there.

Fergusons_Beard

FfS

Just have to read between the spin his agent spouts.

Who stands to benefit if Bigi moves and has higher wages?

His fooking agent!

It's brilliant that CCFC would have a conference relegation clause in and am sure they also had a promotion clause (wage rise) also. (Which of course he fails to mention!)

We are a division 4 club that HAS to be realistic with our wages.

No point splashing cash when we could pay someone less who may be better.

For what it's worth I like Bigi-he's a talented footballer who would have done a job for us this year.

Good luck to him.

PUSB SOTV IMCH NOAM (Not One Acronym More)

ajsccfc

Any club with a possibility of relegation who don't have clauses in contracts to cover for it are playing with fire.

Grendel

if wage extentions are really low and we havnt signed anyone for 2 weeks maybe the moneys run out lol

Thomas has been offered an improved deal - Bigi was offered a reduced deal

steve82

And rightly so.... shows the level of importance each are rated by MR to the team.

George is a player who's stock is on the rise...
Bigi is a player who's career has stalled and being bump started along and his agent has done his job and found him a 2 year deal to try and revive his career and it's took him to Scotland. It's shit or bust time for him as a player.

George could do with looking at Bigi's career, took a big move and has money in the bank to be comfortable but his football has suffered.

covcity4life

And rightly so.... shows the level of importance each are rated by MR to the team.

George is a player who's stock is on the rise...
Bigi is a player who's career has stalled and being bump started along and his agent has done his job and found him a 2 year deal to try and revive his career and it's took him to Scotland. It's shit or bust time for him as a player.

George could do with looking at Bigi's career, took a big move and has money in the bank to be comfortable but his football has suffered.

it shows that a young lad with potential coming off a great season and already on a low introductory wage will get a rise

and a guy who has played in higher leagues and on a more money will be offered refuced when club finds themselves in league 2

whether thomas is being offered more than bigi overall no one knows.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I said he was the link between defence and midfield that we desperately needed. The sort of player that some don't appreciate. Look at Doyle. Some love him. Some hate him. He went backwards when he came to England. So why didn't he go back to Scotland and become good again? He would earn more money if he did.

You have said Bigi is shit constantly. I expect you are hoping that he becomes a world beater in Scotland. Although when when questioned you tried to say that your long time thoughts about him were only a joke.

No I said I was joking when I implied he was to blame for both our last two relegations. You were the only person who didn't get it.

Astute

No I said I was joking when I implied he was to blame for both our last two relegations. You were the only person who didn't get it.
1 rule about having a joke on a thread. You don't make it personal against someone. Because then it doesn't look like a joke. And 10 posts later when you say you are only joking just looks bullshit.

And yes I do know what a joke is. I have a very dry SOH. And it normally gets noticed as a joke and not a piss take.

SkyBlue_Bear83

1 rule about having a joke on a thread. You don't make it personal against someone. Because then it doesn't look like a joke. And 10 posts later when you say you are only joking just looks bullshit.

And yes I do know what a joke is. I have a very dry SOH. And it normally gets noticed as a joke and not a piss take.
Will defo take that into account next time

ccfcway

you keep saying this. Bigi came down from the Prem, and would have been on considerably more at CCFC than an academy graduate.

With Ricketts,Tudgay gone,he cant have been far from our top earner

Grendel

you keep saying this. Bigi came down from the Prem, and would have been on considerably more at CCFC than an academy graduate.

He was and he said he was last season.

Terry Gibson's perm

I would have hoped that Tudgay was one of the lower earners as he was worth very little.

ccfcway

He was and he said he was last season.

in which case, it makes complete sense for any team who has just been relegated to offer one of their top earners who is out of contract, reduced terms, and a academy graduate on very little, who ended our top scorer, better terms

Grendel

in which case, it makes complete sense for any team who has just been relegated to offer one of their top earners who is out of contract, reduced terms, and a academy graduate on very little, who ended our top scorer, better terms

Sorry you missed the point. He claimed to be one of the lowest paid the season he signed from Newcastle. Either he's lying or I'm wrong. He was on below a grand on his first contract and offered considerably less for resigning - Thomas has been offered a longer term deal on more. He was paid of by Newcastle and no one else wanted to know.

ccfcway

Sorry you missed the point. He claimed to be one of the lowest paid the season he signed from Newcastle. Either he's lying or I'm wrong. He was on below a grand on his first contract and offered considerably less for resigning - Thomas has been offered a longer term deal on more. He was paid of by Newcastle and no one else wanted to know.

Not sure I can feel too sorry for him when he was on £18k a week at newcastle

Users who are viewing this thread