Bigi thought / conspiracy (1 Viewer)

harvey098

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but the fact that bigi came on ahead of lameires yesterday makes me wonder whether we've had to agree as part of keeping Armstrong to put bigi in the shop window.

Newcastle must be looking to recoup some of the money they frankly wasted on him and selling him now as a failure with no game time is going to be less fruitful than trying to sell him as a player that has helped make Coventry a successful side.

This is going to sound harsh but he's not good enough for top league 1. He seems like a lovely lad and the romantisists bought into his Hollywood story but the truth is he's not a good footballer and I don't think TM would've signed him unless it's a favour to Newcastle for AA. Felt sorry for RL after a good performance last week.

Specs WT-R75

I hear where you are coming from... time will tell I guess if he keeps racking up the substitute appearances. Will be interesting when Joe Cole deems himself fit for a game (as another loanee needs to be dropped).

idm1975

I think Ruben was a tad unlucky,but i dont think there is any conspiracy theory here if Bigi was not good enough TM would not have signed him on loan. They, newcastle, must know we would not be able to afford to buy him. He will get better am sure of it.

JulianDarbyFTW

When Lameiras signed, Mowbray said he would pick and choose the lad's games. Which he has done. I'd ask, can you really see our Tone being blackmailed by McLaren to play someone he doesn't want? Really? He doesn't seem that sort of chap to me.

mrtrench

I think that Bigi is a space alien and that the US Government have insisted that he plays to avoid an inter-galactic war.

mechaishida

There's such a spectrum of opinions on Bigi's actual talent...personally, I've never seen the lad play, I haven't been in Cov since 2003.

Is the consensus, generally, that he's 'not that good' or 'has potential'? Personally, and this is just my opinion, I don't think TM would have wasted a loan in bringing him here if he didn't feel he'd add something to the squad.

wal3590

Ive had a similar thought, I wasn't happy when we brought Bigi back to be honest, don't think hes a TM type player at all. He was absolutely shocking on Saturday.

skybluebeduff

Soon as Big came on he was pushed over and won a free kick, his first touch he passes it to a Gillingham player...

I want to like the lad, but I just can't.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Soon as Big came on he was pushed over and won a free kick, his first touch he passes it to a Gillingham player...

I want to like the lad, but I just can't.

His performance Saturday was how I remembered him previously, was stunned when Toon signed him.

I know he's obviously got some sort of talent for them to have signed him but for those that remember/know what are his strengths just to refresh my mind.

R

RB1992

I think we're all being a bit too harsh on the lad.

Granted he put in a poor performance for his 20 minute or so cameo at the weekend, but I think we're forgetting this would have been his first competitive game for the best part of 2/3 years.

We all thought he was a gem when he was with us in the Championship. I, for one, was not too surprised he was snapped up early by a relatively big Premier League club.

He'll come good - trust me.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

think your over thinking it, personally my take on it was he brought bigi on for the crowd you could feel the buzz in the crowd when he came on excitement adds numbers to the gate mowbray isnt stupid he's playing the game on a bigger scale then just what happens on the field

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I think we're all being a bit too harsh on the lad.

Granted he put in a poor performance for his 20 minute or so cameo at the weekend, but I think we're forgetting this would have been his first competitive game for the best part of 2/3 years.

We all thought he was a gem when he was with us in the Championship. I, for one, was not too surprised he was snapped up early by a relatively big Premier League club.

He'll come good - trust me.

I'm not being funny (think I've wiped that Relegation season from my mind) but what sort of player is Bigi? I genuinely struggle to remember.

GaryJones

He is a top player - I was gutted when he left.
He has been playing in the second string at Newcastle for yonks plus TM did state that he needs a couple of games to get up to speed fitness-wise so I for one wont judge him on his brief appearance on Saturday.
Thing is we now have class all over the pitch and more importantly strength in depth - we need players like Bigi to call on when we play 2 games a week as we are bound to get injuries and suspensions etc

marcus87

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but the fact that bigi came on ahead of lameires yesterday makes me wonder whether we've had to agree as part of keeping Armstrong to put bigi in the shop window.

Newcastle must be looking to recoup some of the money they frankly wasted on him and selling him now as a failure with no game time is going to be less fruitful than trying to sell him as a player that has helped make Coventry a successful side.

This is going to sound harsh but he's not good enough for top league 1. He seems like a lovely lad and the romantisists bought into his Hollywood story but the truth is he's not a good footballer and I don't think TM would've signed him unless it's a favour to Newcastle for AA. Felt sorry for RL after a good performance last week.

He was off the pace because of the lack of game time over the last two years, he is quality and when he has more games he will prove that

Ian1779

I think that Bigi is a space alien and that the US Government have insisted that he plays to avoid an inter-galactic war.

It's Bigi and that bird from Facebook who will destroy ISIS. You read it here first.

harvey098

He was off the pace because of the lack of game time over the last two years, he is quality and when he has more games he will prove that

Don't want to knock him but I was basing this on his original spell at the club. Which was his breakthrough season when we got relegated. He was dreadful tbh. I'm hoping that he will have improved in the couple years he's been away but he's hardly played so I'm sceptical. I don't think it's fair to judge him on Saturday and will judge him again with an open mind but I do think this is part of a good will deal for Armstrong staying.

Captain Dart

Let us just assume that this week has been a whirlwind, give the lad time to settle and get back on track.

wingy

I don't really see It as connected between one player to the other, more that the desire comes from the player himself.
Almost an act of goodwill from the club to help him resurrect his career where he feels connected to his best experiences
I doubt he will get much game time,certainly not unless he shows the required level.

87mint

He looked rusty as hell and out of sync with the entire team when he came on - then again, so did Jacob Murphy for his first few games. And he's not doing so badly now.

I didn't see Bigi play much in his glory season but I'm sure that he didn't move for nothing. Getting up to speed with a top of the table side after playing u21s football is going to take a while. Longer than a month I imagine. I think it will be a worthwhile deal, especially when Flecky and Romain inevitably get suspended.

magic82ball

I don't get all the bigi haters, the kids not played competitive football in over a year and they are all over the lad because he had a mare. It will always be the case of him having to find his touch again. I will be honest and say I only watched the kid live once, opening game v Leicester 2011 and I was so impressed with him, had a great engine, put his foot in when needed, touch looked a cut above and his passing was superb. And I also remember people raving about him on the forums, has everybody got short term memory or was I imagining all that?

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I don't get all the bigi haters, the kids not played competitive football in over a year and they are all over the lad because he had a mare. It will always be the case of him having to find his touch again. I will be honest and say I only watched the kid live once, opening game v Leicester 2011 and I was so impressed with him, had a great engine, put his foot in when needed, touch looked a cut above and his passing was superb. And I also remember people raving about him on the forums, has everybody got short term memory or was I imagining all that?

I think a lot of it was because of his story and that he prayed on the pitch. He wasn't the best first time round from watching him a few times.

He should be treated as new player now though, the same as Turner.

Rich

It could be that people get carried away when someone has 20 odd decent games in a struggling City side. It's easy to forget them pretty quickly when they weren't actually that fantastic.

magic82ball

It could be that people get carried away when someone has 20 odd decent games in a struggling City side. It's easy to forget them pretty quickly when they weren't actually that fantastic.
That's my point, I think he was special. Forget the praying on the pitch nonsense and the hype that surrounded him back then. I made a purposeful effort to watch him that day based on the hyperbole I'de read on here and gmk and I was very impressed . Granted that was just one game and people have seen him a lot more than I have but I saw enough to know there is a player there.

chiefdave

I thought he was decent when he was here before. Was a shock when Newcastle came in and paid that much for him and for a while it looked like he might break through up there.

Not going to write him off after a quick substitute appearance.

Malaka

I think that Bigi will do well here, and we might get him on a free. He feels at home here, he is loved here and I think that he needs match time under his belt. Lets not be too harsh on the boy.

hill83

He'll be a better option than Connor Thomas or one of the youth players from the bench. In my mind that improves the squad. Which is what it's all about. Trust Mowbray.

Users who are viewing this thread