Bikers 'roar' through the city (1 Viewer)

Otis

Live: Bikers roar through Coventry for funeral of Tyrone Evans

Anyone else seen them today. Supposed to be a ride through the city as a mark of respect for a guy who died in a quad bike accident. Up to 300 bikes riding around the city.

Only trouble is, we encountered them this morning as they were driving up Burnaby Road and they were driving like lunatics driving in and out of traffic, driving on BOTH sides of the road, so cars coming down Burnaby had to swerve to the side next to the old Dunlop site. They were also doing wheelies.

We only encountered them for what must have been about 15 seconds, one bike nearly hit us and another doing a wheelie nearly came off his bike. Had he done so he would have probably been run over by several bikes behind him.

There was also some guy hanging out the side of a car as they drove up.

Considering this guy died in a traffic accident, on a bike, you think they would get the irony.

Very dangerous. Not all of course, some were just riding normally, but others weaving in and out and nearly causing accidents.

pastythegreat

Live: Bikers roar through Coventry for funeral of Tyrone Evans

Anyone else seen them today. Supposed to be a ride through the city as a mark of respect for a guy who died in a quad bike accident. Up to 300 bikes riding around the city.

Only trouble is, we encountered them this morning as they were driving up Burnaby Road and they were driving like lunatics driving in and out of traffic, driving on BOTH sides of the road, so cars coming down Burnaby had to swerve to the side next to the old Dunlop site. They were also doing wheelies.

We only encountered them for what must have been about 15 seconds, one bike nearly hit us and another doing a wheelie nearly came off his bike. Had he done so he would have probably been run over by several bikes behind him.

There was also some guy hanging out the side of a car as they drove up.

Considering this guy died in a traffic accident, on a bike, you think they would get the irony.

Very dangerous. Not all of course, some were just riding normally, but others weaving in and out and nearly causing accidents.
They don't get the irony though do They? They all think they're invincible. If they want to go to a race track or a dirt track somewhere and kill themselves pulling wheelies, let them carry on. I'm more than happy for them to kill themselves if that's their prerogative. But when they do it on the roads and put my families lives at risk it's a whole different story!
No sympathy for the guy who's died or any of his dick mates.
Sorry but that's just my view!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Bunch of twats.

I have nearly hit the same twat on a quad bike twice now, just pulling out onto the road without looking.

I have also been crashed into by a motocross bike years ago

While it's sad he died they are hardly setting a good example.

Astute

Had something similar years ago. Was driving the wifes yellow Saab convertible. The road is 2 lanes but 30mph and bends all the way. I could see a few of them weaving in and out of the traffic. I stopped. One of them didn't. He ran into the back of me and ended up on the back seat. He was a lucky boy. I turned around to have a right go at him. Lasted a couple of seconds. Then I couldn't stop laughing. How can you be angry at a couple of legs sticking up in the air :smuggrin:

Nick

Administrator
Had something similar years ago. Was driving the wifes yellow Saab convertible. The road is 2 lanes but 30mph and bends all the way. I could see a few of them weaving in and out of the traffic. I stopped. One of them didn't. He ran into the back of me and ended up on the back seat. He was a lucky boy. I turned around to have a right go at him. Lasted a couple of seconds. Then I couldn't stop laughing. How can you be angry at a couple of legs sticking up in the air :smuggrin:

I had the same. It came flying out of an alley way straight into the side of me, it had no lights, no helmets etc.

Wouldnt mind, I had spent 4 hours polishing the car that day.

Nick

Administrator
JS134114651.jpg

JS134114636.jpg

From the Telegraph: Tyrone Evans funeral procession

So many non road legal bikes, somebody on the back without a helmet on.

There is a bloke riding a non road legal bike on the A444 while filming on his phone. What's all that about?

How on earth and why are they all allowed to ride down the A444?

stupot07

I drove past them earlier, no regard for other road users or their own safety. Been told by a colleague that there's a few there as young as 12/13 riding as part of it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

I drove past them earlier, no regard for other road users or their own safety. Been told by a colleague that there's a few there as young as 12/13 riding as part of it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yeah, some did look young.

So we had under age riders, probable illegal bikes, some without helmets, riding the on the wrong side of the road into incoming traffic and yet they were allowed to just ride here there and everywhere without being confronted.

It was very dangerous today and the guy who tried to do a wheelie and nearly came off his bike could easily have been killed.

Nick

Administrator
It puts my 3 points for doing 57 in a 50 at night on a motorway with no actual lane closures or workmen into perspective.

How were they allowed to do that? The police should have blocked either end off.

chiefdave

So many non road legal bikes, somebody on the back without a helmet on.
Was just going to say wonder how many vehicles there were that shouldn't have been on the road. Once again a blind eye will be turned no doubt.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
These are just the reasons why I hate motor bikers. They all think they are above the law! Wankers!

Houchens Head

Just in the top picture alone, I can see a pillion passenger without a helmet, a twat attempting a wheelie, just coming into view on the right is some dick just wearing a baseball cap, and I lost count of the illegal bikes with no visible number plate. Bleedin' kiddies most of 'em!

ovduk78

These are just the reasons why I hate motor bikers. They all think they are above the law! Wankers!
That is a bit harsh. I am a motorcyclist and I hate seeing things like this giving the majority of motorcyclists a bad name. I have always maintained that car drivers should spend 1/2 a day on a bike to see what it is like and that bikers should spend time with or watching videos of paramedics scraping them off the road. Luckily for us there aren't loads of boy racers in cars with illegal number plates racing up and down streets, doing doughnuts etc?!

Houchens Head

That is a bit harsh. I am a motorcyclist and I hate seeing things like this giving the majority of motorcyclists a bad name. I have always maintained that car drivers should spend 1/2 a day on a bike to see what it is like and that bikers should spend time with or watching videos of paramedics scraping them off the road. Luckily for us there aren't loads of boy racers in cars with illegal number plates racing up and down streets, doing doughnuts etc?!
I rode bikes years ago. Then I saw sense!

ovduk78

I rode bikes years ago. Then I saw sense!
Did you think you were above the law? Did you have an illegal number plate or exhaust? I've been riding since I was 16, so nearly 40 years, and I've done stupid things and have had my fair share of points for speeding but so have loads of road users. I also have a car and as I've got older I ride considerably less as I've done all the wet, winter riding and don't have to now and my car has a heater and a radio. I see plenty of bad road users and some car drivers are right up there with some of the worst I've ever seen

Houchens Head

Did you think you were above the law? Did you have an illegal number plate or exhaust? I've been riding since I was 16, so nearly 40 years, and I've done stupid things and have had my fair share of points for speeding but so have loads of road users. I also have a car and as I've got older I ride considerably less as I've done all the wet, winter riding and don't have to now and my car has a heater and a radio. I see plenty of bad road users and some car drivers are right up there with some of the worst I've ever seen
I rode as a despatch rider for the Post Office (probably when you were about 7 or 8 years old matey.) I rode for a few years then decided I'd prefer a car. I can swear hand on heart and on all my kids lives that in all the 48 years I have been riding and driving, I have NEVER had a ticket for speeding, parking or anything. I have never had an accident and have received numerous Safe Driving Awards from the West Midlands Transport Authority. I have driven lorries, double-deck buses, coaches, and limousines. My driving profession took me all over the country from Cornwall up as far as Scotland. So where driving is concerned, I reckon I know dickheads when I see them. Admittedly, not all bikers are DH's but most think they are on a bloody TT race every time they climb onto their bikes. For what it's worth, boy racers get on my tit as well!

kdrinkell

Popular lad and also father to be tragically taken away at 21 years of age,the funeral took place and his 'family' paid respects to him.
I'm sorry for people upset by this but its not a regular occurrence.

duffer

I'm sorry the fella died, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

But I can't see how bollocking around on illegal bikes, pulling wheelies and generally making a nuisance of yourself is in any way showing respect for him.

I rode bikes for years, and I've lost a friend to a motorbike accident. It was brutally sad for him, his family and his mates. I don't recall needing to hassle anyone else or put on a show because of it though. I'm afraid these guys are dickheads who seem to think they're entitled to do what they want, when they want, regardless of the law and their impact on others. I wouldn't wish them dead, but I wouldn't be sorry to see them losing their bikes and their licences for a while until they've grown up a bit.

Otis

Popular lad and also father to be tragically taken away at 21 years of age,the funeral took place and his 'family' paid respects to him.
Yep, that wasn't paying respect, that was using the opportunity to ride around dangerously and illegally and put other people's lives at risk.

As I said, they were riding up Burnaby Road (from Holbrook Lane direction) and we were in a trail of traffic coming in the opposite direction driving quite normally and these bikers were using both lanes, so riding INTO the oncoming traffic and the traffic had to pull into and get onto the kerb to avoid them.

They were dangerously weaving in and out between lanes, going over red lights and doing wheelies and nearly coming off their bikes.

How is that paying respect? It was just an opportunity to go and break the law and intimidate without being challenged. They were intimidating anyone who got in their way.

Macca

Yep, that wasn't paying respect, that was using the opportunity to ride around dangerously and illegally and put other people's lives at risk.

As I said, they were riding up Burnaby Road (from Holbrook Lane direction) and we were in a trail of traffic coming in the opposite direction driving quite normally and these bikers were using both lanes, so riding INTO the oncoming traffic and the traffic had to pull into and get onto the kerb to avoid them.

They were dangerously weaving in and out between lanes, going over red lights and doing wheelies and nearly coming off their bikes.

How is that paying respect? It was just an opportunity to go and break the law and intimidate without being challenged. They were intimidating anyone who got in their way.

Non registered off road bikes and quad bikes used anywhere other than official tracks is the staple sport of the chav

CJ_covblaze

Not all bikers are twats. My Dad for example has come off twice in almost 40 years. Once whilst doing about 10mph round a roundabout at the old Walsgrave Hospital due to it being wet and a diesel patch. The only other time was a couple of years ago when an old boy pulled out on him. He doesn’t take risks and respects other road users. His best mate wasn’t so lucky. He too is respectful and doesn’t go OTT. He got taken out by a driver that failed to stop. Lost his left leg, smashed the other one quite badly and lost 2/3s of his bowel.

Like other motorists 99% of bikers don’t behave like dicks. It’s just a small amount that let the vast majority down and sadly it’s often the good guys that come off worst due to mistakes made by others.

In the case of this procession it appears a good proportion of the 1% I haven’t mentioned above are all in the same place at the same time. No helmets, no plates or lights, no consideration for other road users.

Nick

Administrator

People can pay respect without this.

Does that mean if one of my mates died while drifting around the ring round then we could all bust out non road legal cars and start driving round the ringroad sideways in the middle of the day? Add to that no license, no tax, no mot, no helmet and using the phone at the same time.

I'm just baffled it was allowed to happen, probably easier to sit on the London road in a van to watch for people going 3 or 4mph over the limit.

Houchens Head

Not all bikers are twats. My Dad for example has come off twice in almost 40 years. Once whilst doing about 10mph round a roundabout at the old Walsgrave Hospital due to it being wet and a diesel patch. The only other time was a couple of years ago when an old boy pulled out on him. He doesn’t take risks and respects other road users. His best mate wasn’t so lucky. He too is respectful and doesn’t go OTT. He got taken out by a driver that failed to stop. Lost his left leg, smashed the other one quite badly and lost 2/3s of his bowel.

Like other motorists 99% of bikers don’t behave like dicks. It’s just a small amount that let the vast majority down and sadly it’s often the good guys that come off worst due to mistakes made by others.

In the case of this procession it appears a good proportion of the 1% I haven’t mentioned above are all in the same place at the same time. No helmets, no plates or lights, no consideration for other road users.
I think you've got those percentages way out of proportion! "99% of bikers don't behave like dicks..." What?? I'd say it was more like 10% - 15%!

kdrinkell

People can pay respect without this.

Does that mean if one of my mates died while drifting around the ring round then we could all bust out non road legal cars and start driving round the ringroad sideways in the middle of the day? Add to that no license, no tax, no mot, no helmet and using the phone at the same time.

I'm just baffled it was allowed to happen, probably easier to sit on the London road in a van to watch for people going 3 or 4mph over the limit.

Drama queen

Nick

Administrator
It's all well and good taking a couple away, there were plenty more driving up and down the A444 last week.

Block each end off, take them one by one.

14 bikes in 28 raids across Coventry and Birmingham is pretty shit really

Otis

It's all well and good taking a couple away, there were plenty more driving up and down the A444 last week.

Block each end off, take them one by one.

14 bikes in 28 raids across Coventry and Birmingham is pretty shit really
Yeah, agree. There must be hundreds if not thousands of illegal bikes about. Maybe this is just the first phase from the police.

Nick

Administrator
Just seen on the news about them on the M6, loads of them weaving in about as well.

They will get away with it as they know they can't be chased.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
It's here:

Dashcam captures illegal bikers tearing up M6

It's madness. No doubt when one of them falls off and dies they will all have to do exactly the same out of respect.

I've noticed it with push bikes as well now, just down the middle of the road thinking you will move out of the way. Don't think they realise a car will do more damage than a bike if they wheelie into it.

Otis

It's here:

Dashcam captures illegal bikers tearing up M6

It's madness. No doubt when one of them falls off and dies they will all have to do exactly the same out of respect.

I've noticed it with push bikes as well now, just down the middle of the road thinking you will move out of the way. Don't think they realise a car will do more damage than a bike if they wheelie into it.
That is absolutely outrageous and the thing is, Nick, they are just as likely to cause the death of others as there are of themselves. I know a car will do more damage, but decent car drivers will swerve to avoid the bikes and put their own lives at risk. These bikers simply don't care.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread