Birmingham City weekly wage £1mill+ !! (1 Viewer)

EleanorRigby

Was told recently that the Blue noses WEEKLY players wage bill is over a million a week, thought thats an exageration then i heard Nicholi Zigic is on over £70k a week whether thats right or not i don't know. but if any club feels happy to pay a cart horse anything like £70ka week they deserve to go bust.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
They probably do pay extortionate wages like this TBF! He was signed on Prem wages. Even with a, lets say 10-20% wage drop upon relegation, players like Zigic will still be earning a packet!

And all this being funded by a fraudster! Hope the league take em to the cleaners! Wont happen though!

PhilWasn'tBabb

Your right, even portsmouth have people being paid £25k a week, teams like that don't deserve to stay in business in this league IMO

EleanorRigby

Your right, even portsmouth have people being paid £25k a week, teams like that don't deserve to stay in business in this league IMO
Wasn't there a couple of Pompey players on £80k, and i think that Mullans is on over £30k someone, a Portsmouth fan mentioned it last week on the radio, i mean come on he's as ordinary a players you can get.

PhilWasn'tBabb

Wasn't there a couple of Pompey players on £80k, and i think that Mullans is on over £30k someone, a Portsmouth fan mentioned it last week on the radio, i mean come on he's as ordinary a players you can get.

You might be right, I was under estimating, in any case I'll not be too sorry for either team if they go into admin given what there paying players.

BackRoomRummermill

I dont know how relevant you think this is but the aforementioned donkey Zigic did score in the Cup final for them last pear against arsenal which Brum won. The result of that win was prize money and europe which brings in more money.................... just a thought :slap:

EleanorRigby

Wouldn't begrudge Blues their moment of glory, but the whole problem with player wages in this country is ordinary players are being paid life changing money every month

shanethbcfc

Bluenose in peace here.
We offloaded the majority of our players over the summer and excluding Ziggy, they were the highest paid players at the club. There is no way we pay over a million a week for players wages.
Zigic was on £55k a week prior to our relegation, something that was widely broadcasted to Blues fans. I'm not sure whether Ziggy actually had a wage drop clause in his contract, either way he's not on £70k. BCFC published our prize money from the Carling Cup and Europa League and it wasn't nearly as much as some expected.

shanethbcfc

How much did they get then ?
£1million from the Carling Cup.
And for the Europa League:
1st qualifying round: €90,000
2nd qualifying round: €90,000
3rd qualifying round: €90,000
Playoffs: €90,000
Group stage: €1,000,000
Group match victory: €120,000
Group match draw: €60,000
1st knock out round: €180,000
2nd knock out round: €270,000
Quarter-finals: €360,000
Semi-finals: €630,000
Qualifying for Final: €2,000,000
Winning the Final: €2,000,000 + €1,000,000

You do the maths.

BackRoomRummermill

£1million from the Carling Cup.
And for the Europa League:
1st qualifying round: €90,000
2nd qualifying round: €90,000
3rd qualifying round: €90,000
Playoffs: €90,000
Group stage: €1,000,000
Group match victory: €120,000
Group match draw: €60,000
1st knock out round: €180,000
2nd knock out round: €270,000
Quarter-finals: €360,000
Semi-finals: €630,000
Qualifying for Final: €2,000,000
Winning the Final: €2,000,000 + €1,000,000

You do the maths.

Your forgetting the extra gate attendace income and the TV money my friend. I reckon it was worth about 3 Million in Total

tisza

What was really wrong with the Portsmouth situation was that the administrator was i/c when they signed Kitson & Lawrence at over 20k a week. He said it was acceptable money in order for the club to be competitive in the Championship. Try telling that to all the small traders that didn't get their money!

Users who are viewing this thread