Blackpool this weekend (1 Viewer)

rob9872

If anyone is local it would be nice to support their cause as we don't have a game and if you could get some SISU OUT banners there too it would be a bonus.Would love to attend myself but unavailable so hopeful someone else can.

CJ_covblaze

There's around a dozen City fans going up. Was planning to myself but doing Exeter to complete my 92.

rob9872

Good news cheers CJ and congrats on your 92, great achievement.

Captain Dart

There's around a dozen City fans going up. Was planning to myself but doing Exeter to complete my 92.
Next season will you have to visit Sincil Bank & possibly The New Lawn to renew the 92 ground collection?

rob9872

I don't agree if it were every ground following you're own team yes but visiting grounds watching random teams utterly meaningless similar to train spotting

Unless you're shit (like us!) and fall through the leagues, then many fans would never get the opportunity to see their team at most of them.

Travs

I don't agree if it were every ground following you're own team yes but visiting grounds watching random teams utterly meaningless similar to train spotting

That's fair enough and I applaud your dedication to the club.

However if you didn't visit the odd match as a neutral then as already said, you would miss a lot. I've been to a lot of matches abroad and would never have the chance to do this watching city. It does give you a perspective on the game that you don't get just from watching city.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

That's fair enough and I applaud your dedication to the club.

However if you didn't visit the odd match as a neutral then as already said, you would miss a lot. I've been to a lot of matches abroad and would never have the chance to do this watching city. It does give you a perspective on the game that you don't get just from watching city.
Getting a perspective of the game might stop me from watching City

Essexyellows

Obsessive Dot Counter
Having endured thousands of Orient fans celebrating their promotion & our demise into non-league in 2006 I have a spiteful & irrational dislike for them.
Whilst I appreciate they just tapped the nail into the coffin (we were shite all season & got what we deserved) its pleasing Karma that they are now falling through the same trapdoor....... :shamefullyembarrased::shamefullyembarrased:

Monners

Having endured thousands of Orient fans celebrating their promotion & our demise into non-league in 2006 I have a spiteful & irrational dislike for them.
Whilst I appreciate they just tapped the nail into the coffin (we were shite all season & got what we deserved) its pleasing Karma that they are now falling through the same trapdoor....... :shamefullyembarrased::shamefullyembarrased:
You should go and support Sunderland

Speedies_Chips

Revenge is a dish best served non-league.

letsallsingtogether

I'm going up making a weekend of it.
Look out for our City shirts in the crowd.:)

CJ_covblaze

Next season will you have to visit Sincil Bank & possibly The New Lawn to renew the 92 ground collection?

Did Sincil Bank earlier this season. Liked it.

Well done for doing that.
I keep meaning to write down all the ones I've been too over the years but it's nowhere near that. Well done.

Go on www.footballgroundmap.co.uk. Really good site. Done mine https://www.footballgroundmap.com/cjcovblaze

There's various different ways of determining the 92. The "proper" one is with your own club, current grounds, league games only and you have to have done the ground during their current stint in the top 4 leagues so if you'd done Tranmere before they wouldn't count if they came back up. Most "purists" though accept it's a bit difficult for all of the above so general rule of thumb is current league grounds and that's really it so that's what I go by. With regards to neutral games I'd go bat shit mental if I only went to the Ricoh and City away games to watch club football.

eastwoodsdustman

I'm trying to do the proper 92. I need about 11 more and should get a good few out of the way next season. My main worry is Ipswich, Fulham and Huddersfield. Cant see us playing them any time soon.

CJ_covblaze

I'm trying to do the proper 92. I need about 11 more and should get a good few out of the way next season. My main worry is Ipswich, Fulham and Huddersfield. Cant see us playing them any time soon.

Think I need 12 with City including Man City so not much chance there!

letsallsingtogether

I think I am on 84 not sure if I have been to some so haven't counted them.
I will get a few in next season

bringbackrattles

How about fans going to the fewest football grounds ?
I used to go everywhere in the 70's 80's and 90's but haven't been to many since then.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I think I am on 84 not sure if I have been to some so haven't counted them.
I will get a few in next season
The only premiership ground I've not been to is Newcastle United . But hey who's counting . LOL
I've course that's when they were in the Premeirship !

W

westcountry_skyblue

Well,I'm going to Ashton gate on Sunday with some Bristol city mates to hopefully watch them relegate the brummies!!
Getting my football fill this week!!

CJ_covblaze

When it comes to dumps you can't get much worse than Cheltenham. Horrible ground. Worst I've ever been to.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I went in the 70's to the Dell the home then of Southampton. We needed a point to stay up and we got it. But what a dump that was !
Yeah like watching a football match in a sardine can !

By the way I was there that day too . We didn't play very well but got the result we needed , sound familiar !!!

Steve.B50

Am going on protest march in Blackppol today CJ. Will be wearing my shorts in your honour.

I have 7 grounds to visit to complete mine, but only class as seen if watching the City. Unfortunelty for me three are new grounds in the Prem so have my concerns I will ever get to see us play these.
Don't want Exeter to go up though as they are on my list.

CJ_covblaze

Am going on protest march in Blackppol today CJ. Will be wearing my shorts in your honour.

I have 7 grounds to visit to complete mine, but only class as seen if watching the City. Unfortunelty for me three are new grounds in the Prem so have my concerns I will ever get to see us play these.
Don't want Exeter to go up though as they are on my list.

Enjoy Steve. Going to be an interesting day.

letsallsingtogether

The only premiership ground I've not been to is Newcastle United . But hey who's counting . LOL
I've course that's when they were in the Premeirship !
So have you been to Bournemouth, one of the ones I haven't been to.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

So have you been to Bournemouth, one of the ones I haven't been to.
No I haven't ! should have made it clear !

I meant premiership grounds when the Sky Blues were LAST in the top flight !!!

Users who are viewing this thread