Bluetooth Speakers (1 Viewer)

Skinnythebear

I have asked my two lovely daughters to get me a Bluetooth speaker for a Christmas present.
I was planning on it costing approx. £40.
Any suggestions?

Bumberclart

Wait until Black Friday. I got a JBL speaker for less than half price last time.
The JBL is great and cost about £45.

R

RB1992

Anker do some cracking Bluetooth speakers for very cheap. I've got the "one", is fairly loud for such a small device

Pipehitterz

The Bluetooth speaker for the kids holiday was a
Creative muvo 10 and it's sensational
Think I paid 40 quid for it
Charges through phone charger and stays running for hours and hours.
Very basey too so booms a bit.

rd45

I've got a Jabra Solemate which sounds great, but I wouldn't pay full price for it. I got for £40-50 a couple of years ago, can't see one for less than £100 now. Seems like there's a mini version also, for which the prices are a bit keener.

wingy

It's a difficult area as all the ones I've seen or checked don't seem to publish rms values or much data, so how can you measure or compare with competitors or regular speakers

Covstu

I think with speakers you get what you pay for. My Sony one cost 80 a few years back and the sound it amazing.

dutchman

Being a complete novice to bluetooth I've done a bit of research and as far as I can tell for the same price as a bluetooth speaker you can buy a 'boombox' with a lot more features, better sound quality and also has bluetooth connectivity. Why all boomboxes and radios don't also have bluetooth is a mystery to me?

shmmeee

Why not just get a Bluetooth receiver and put it with any speakers you like if quality is a concern?

Pipehitterz

Being a complete novice to bluetooth I've done a bit of research and as far as I can tell for the same price as a bluetooth speaker you can buy a 'boombox' with a lot more features, better sound quality and also has bluetooth connectivity. Why all boomboxes and radios don't also have bluetooth is a mystery to me?
Speakers are just so you can hit the school park or beach with something that's easy to carry.
If you're looking for a system for home Bluetooth then purchase a chromecast for 20 quid and plug it into your existing stereo.
If you're thinking along those lines then a Bluetooth speaker isn't for you

Users who are viewing this thread