Boddy's Programme Column (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Dave requested that we kept the meeting confidential and that it was best we didn’t announce we had met him for now.

For the record he seems more approachable than the vast majority of his predecessors and he does seem to want to talk to the fans. With regards to the fan engagement criteria for the rules we need an SCG type committee where the members are elected democratically.

So if he is approachable and does want to talk, why the need to start having digs at him already? That's what I don't get.

Captain Dart

Yeah it's petty, exactly the sort of shit that used to go on in the SCG.

If the trust are having meetings with Boddy and have contact with him, why not discuss it with him?

It's snidey, the type of thing Fisher would come out with. Hardly the thing to do when you have Boddy who is actually doing a 180 from Fisher. The fact they put "Fan Engagement", when he has said he has met with them and it went well and they will be arranging an event together clearly shows there is an improvement on Fan Engagement.

Have the trust done a statement about their meeting with him, or is it better to just ignore that and write open letters and and whinge in between bragging about who is less bothered about watching CCFC now?

He is clearly offering that well needed olive branch to sort some of the stuff from Fisher's approach.

There is no reason to trust Boddy any more than Fisher, there is still no news on where the club plays next season yet which I think is far more important than relaunching the SCG.

Nick

Administrator
There is no reason to trust Boddy any more than Fisher, there is still no news on where the club plays next season yet which I think is far more important than relaunching the SCG.

So maybe the trust can't whinge if he doesn't bother talking to them then? If the club (Boddy) is trying to open up dialogue (which is what the trust keep saying they want). Why then be dicks and potentially ruin it?

CJ_covblaze

So maybe the trust can't whinge if he doesn't bother talking to them then? If the club (Boddy) is trying to open up dialogue (which is what the trust keep saying they want). Why then be dicks and potentially ruin it?

We’re happy he is willing to talk and be approachable. What we’re not happy with is the SCG not being replaced for 11 months (and counting). We’ve offered to facilitate the initial set up of it. Even if it was just getting relevant fan groups/demographics together in a room initially and then deciding where we go from there. Dave wasn’t who we originally approached with this and it’d already been 2 months without a meeting when he arrived.

We’ll do all the leg work, book the room, contact everyone, etc. The club wouldn’t have to lift a finger aside from a PR and sending some club reps along (Mark, Tynan, Shelagh, Chris, etc). We’ve heard nothing back.

If the SCG or it’s replacement had been there we probably wouldn’t of had the initial ticketing issues leading up to the game at Wembley or the discontent amongst the fans about season ticket prices. Waggott put prices & other relevant items forward years ago to a small group of fans. He listened and changed his initial plan. A relatively happy fan base and high uptake followed.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
We’re happy he is willing to talk and be approachable. What we’re not happy with is the SCG not being replaced for 11 months (and counting). We’ve offered to facilitate the initial set up of it. Even if it was just getting relevant fan groups/demographics together in a room initially and then deciding where we go from there. Dave wasn’t who we originally approached with this and it’d already been 2 months without a meeting when he arrived.

We’ll do all the leg work, book the room, contact everyone, etc. The club wouldn’t have to lift a finger aside from a PR and sending some club reps along (Mark, Tynan, Shelagh, Chris, etc). We’ve heard nothing back.

If the SCG or it’s replacement had been there we probably wouldn’t of had the initial ticketing issues leading up to the game at Wembley or the discontent amongst the fans about season ticket prices. Waggott put prices & other relevant items forward years ago to a small group of fans. He listened and changed his initial plan. A relatively happy fan base and high uptake followed.

That doesn't answer the need to get shitty with him though and bust out digs in statements at him? If he has now picking it up and opening dialogue with multiple groups etc surely it's the wrong time to start all of that?

CJ_covblaze

That doesn't answer the need to get shitty with him though and bust out digs in statements at him? If he has now picking it up and opening dialogue with multiple groups etc surely it's the wrong time to start all of that?

Highlight what the digs are and where we’ve been “shitty with him” and I’ll respond accordingly.

Nick

Administrator
Highlight what the digs are and where we’ve been “shitty with him” and I’ll respond accordingly.

I already have.

There's no need to start putting things "in commas" as it quite clearly shows the whole attitude towards it. The general tone of it.

We will be interested to see how Mr Boddy proposes to ensure that any new group complies with the EFL Regulations

Ask him then, you are clearly in contact with him and arranging meetings and events.

I have digs and use sarcasm constantly, so it stands out a mile ;)

CJ_covblaze

I already have.

There's no need to start putting things "in commas" as it quite clearly shows the whole attitude towards it. The general tone of it.

Ask him then, you are clearly in contact with him and arranging meetings and events.

I have digs and use sarcasm constantly, so it stands out a mile ;)

We did.

dongonzalos

What is strange is fans are demanding the club speak to all groups and listen to all supporters views, then when the club speak to a range of fan groups, they moan because someone has been included.

It doesn't matter whether he represents a group or just himself, he can still have an opinion. The club will never be able to satisfy everyone's needs or desires. So he isn't necessarily going to drive or monopolize a situation.

The important part of this process is the dialogue from the club. So they can fully explain policies and decisions to the fans so they can better understand them. It also means the club has a platform to promote some of the commercial deals in place for the fans. Within this process the fans get a chance to put forward their own ideas for the club to consider.

For the club to move forward the fan base need to feel included and valued. It is good to see the club trying to make progress in these areas.

Having his own view representing nobody was one thing.
It’s more that he was chasing others out who did actually represent the majority.
Now that’s not on.

Captain Dart

I think Nick interprets a lack of effusive praise as a dig.

CJ_covblaze

dongonzalos

Another thread you haven't read, another desperate dongo attempt

I read this one
It wasn’t 6 pages of whining about something that’s good for the city.
Keep up your pops at the trust whilst they try the best for the fans.
Most of us appreciate their work.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I read this one
It wasn’t 6 pages of whining about something that’s good for the city.
Keep up your pops at the trust whilstcthey try the best for the fans.
Most of us appreciate their work.
Yeah, the die hards who haven't got a clue anything that happens during a game like yourself.

jjglory

Why?, just checking in to see whats been discussed about another poor result and yet again some shit comments from the person who is supposed to be running a Coventry City Forum.
I do not come often as not much to say but when I do its to tell YOU how I see it.

Nick

Administrator
Why?, just checking in to see whats been discussed about another poor result and yet again some shit comments from the person who is supposed to be running a Coventry City Forum.
I do not come often as not much to say but when I do its to tell YOU how I see it.
Of course you were. Getting a bit like a parody now.

dongonzalos

Try doing it then and I'd be happy to.

The tone of the statement is quite obvious. The use of ironic speech marks adds to it.

Hardly going to help is it?

When January comes and Robins signs a striker that either cements us in the play offs or pushes us to the automatics.
Just by his mere presence, movement and clinical finishing.
Then you can come back to me and tell me I am right.
That would be nice.
You won’t of course and I will do my usual thread bumping.

Nick

Administrator
When January comes and Robins signs a striker that either cements us in the play offs or pushes us to the automatics.
Just by his mere presence, movement and clinical finishing.
Then you can come back to me and tell me I am right.
That would be nice.
You won’t of course and I will do my usual thread bumping.
But you still wouldn't have a clue, you would be going off bbc stats and I'd be using real life examples? I tried to talk football as did others. It fried your brain

skybluetony176

Try doing it then and I'd be happy to.

The tone of the statement is quite obvious. The use of ironic speech marks adds to it.

Hardly going to help is it?

So what should they do that they haven’t already done or tried to do that could help? I bet you can’t name one thing. The owners of the club have the club on the course they want it on. Nothing that the trust have tried to do has helped because our owners don’t want constructive thinking that might distract them from their own path. The club only want the likes of Strange and people incapable of independent thinking. You’ll probably fit in quite well in that respect, sitting on the SCG criticising everything the trust do while giving the owners a free pass. You and Strange could be best mates.

Nick

Administrator
So what should they do that they haven’t already done or tried to do that could help? I bet you can’t name one thing. The owners of the club have the club on the course they want it on. Nothing that the trust have tried to do has helped because our owners don’t want constructive thinking that might distract them from their own path. The club only want the likes of Strange and people incapable of independent thinking. You’ll probably fit in quite well in that respect, sitting on the SCG criticising everything the trust do while giving the owners a free pass. You and Strange could be best mates.
Read the thread, I said about boddy. If he is doing a 180 from fishers view and at least open up communication don't then put out statements that give reasons to prevent it?

Users who are viewing this thread