boomerang rentals

Discussion in 'Technical Support / Computing / Gaming' started by covcity4life, Oct 20, 2016.

1. covcity4life

covcity4life Well-Known Member

anyone ever used this?

i signed up for free trial yesterday

on 3.99 a month where you get 1 game a month and it has to be 6 months old. fine for me as i rarerly buy games immeditley unless they sports games.

life is strange is on its way to me, ill let you know if its a good service. you get 3 games in 21 days for free trial

2. Covstu

Covstu Well-Known Member

I used to use love film for games, have two out at a time (before the TV was fully monopololised by children's TV). It was great for games you were not that arsed buying and a get filler in between the top title games

3. Nick

Nick Administrator

4. Liquid Gold

Liquid Gold Well-Known Member

Never heard of it, let us know if it's any good.

5. covcity4life

yeah im getting it for games like life is strnage,beyond 2 souls,heavy rain,until dawn etc

games i wanna play,but have little replay value and can be completed in a few weeks

6. Liquid Gold

Liquid Gold Well-Known Member

For games like that I tend to just buy and sell them from ebay and so they don't tend to cost me much at all anyway.

7. covcity4life

yeah i used to buy them and then return them for credit. but this way seems better financially. 12 games for £48 quid once free trial is over

8. Covstu

Covstu Well-Known Member

so whats the verdict????

9. covcity4life

good so far. i completed life is strange. sent it back in their freepost packaging, once they got it took them 2 days to send next game out which was a lil annoying as i am used to lovefilm turnaround but not end of world. now have first light infamous at home. thats supposed to be a quick game to complete so will send it back after the weekend.

for 3.99 a month you get 1 game rental to keep as long as you want basically. for me its ususeful to complete games i wouldnt buy normally such as infamous, the order,until dawn etc

10. Covstu

Covstu Well-Known Member

yes there are a few games that I would want to play but never buy. I used to love Lovefilm as I had two on the go at anytime which some were films if I was playing a longer game. My xbox score was through the roof!

I don't tend to get much time to play as I did (kids and work etc) but still may consider it.

11. Nick

Nick Administrator

12. Covstu

Covstu Well-Known Member

There is a priorities option where you get first dibs on new titles, obviously you pay more as a result however.

13. covcity4life

yeah. i am on the the cheapest 3.99 version where you can get any game 6 months old.

its fine for me as only a few games i need on release day(yooka laylee will be one)

completed infamous first light, pretty fun. might get second son at some point. but next up i think i will get heavy rain/beyond 2 souls. anyone every played these? any good?

14. covcity4life

completed uncharted 2 finnaly last night. now on to heavy rain. so far its not bad at all storyline wise. just hope its not too long a game as console point and click shoulnt be too long games imo

15. covcity4life

compelted heavy rain. good game good story but after a while got bored with gameplay

fine on itsown but i got double pack with beyond 2 souls so now i have started that interactive film/game lol