Born A Genius ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

I watched the documentary the other night about the wild drummer Ginger Baker.He is rated the greatest ever drummer and watching footage of him performing it wasn't hard to see why he has earned that title as he is awesome.It got me thinking about geniuses at their chosen skill etc,
are they born with it or is through hard work and dedication ? George Best was said to be naturally gifted and hardly needed to hone his skills,the same it is said about Messi and Maradonna who have that something that others don't have.
I think they're born with it,agree or not ?

Grendel

I didn't think he was very good at all. Lots of tinny percission and no drive. Hated his drumming with Hawkwind. Sorry.

bringbackrattles

I didn't think he was very good at all. Lots of tinny percission and no drive. Hated his drumming with Hawkwind. Sorry.
I'm no expert on drummers but I thought he was brilliant.I loved Cream and I listened to Goodbye Cream recently and his drumming really stands out.
Changing the subject have you watched the Lemmy Film ? Him and Baker are freaks of nature and by rights I'm amazed they're still alive !

Grendel

I'm no expert on drummers but I thought he was brilliant.I loved Cream and I listened to Goodbye Cream recently and his drumming really stands out.
Changing the subject have you watched the Lemmy Film ? Him and Baker are freaks of nature and by rights I'm amazed they're still alive !

Yes I have and yes. Especially Baker who looks pissed when sober. I am a big Hawkind fan and his appearances were just wrong. Bit like Gillan and Sabbath I guess.

bringbackrattles

Yes I have and yes. Especially Baker who looks pissed when sober. I am a big Hawkind fan and his appearances were just wrong. Bit like Gillan and Sabbath I guess.
Ginger Baker hit the documentary maker with his walking stick and busted his nose. Nasty piece of work !

Grendel

Ginger Baker hit the documentary maker with his walking stick and busted his nose. Nasty piece of work !

You clearly know your stuff about rock music. Out of interest do you think Magnum were a hugely underatted band? I've arrived home in an inebriated state and decided to treat my neighbours to Don't Wake the Lion which I think is a brilliant rock track.

bringbackrattles

Yep, a recluse for many years and who built a sandbox in his front room.
Loads and loads of Acid didn't do him a lot of good I bet ? That's another thing they do it seems is dabble with hard drugs,painters,musicians,writers,poets,many said it gave them inspiration. Dylan Thomas preferred the hard stuff !

bringbackrattles

You clearly know your stuff about rock music. Out of interest do you think Magnum were a hugely underatted band? I've arrived home in an inebriated state and decided to treat my neighbours to Don't Wake the Lion which I think is a brilliant rock track.
Never got into Magnum to be honest but the band I have always rated is Saxon who have never got the recognition they deserve in my opinion.

NorthernWisdom

Out of interest do you think Magnum were a hugely underatted band? .

Oooh, can I join in?

Eleventh Hour my favourite album despite the production, Wings of Heaven the first I bought which at least compromised well between pop and the more pomp oriented stuff.

And there's a new album out soon... not sure about the reunion stuff, it's all a bit one-paced, but it has a certain epic quality.

Users who are viewing this thread