Boxing (1 Viewer)

W

westcountry_skyblue

Yes Nick this guy now looks good Callum Smith.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Anyone know what time Bellews fight starts ?
I'm guessing 10ish

Grendel

I once shared a hotel lift with Chris Eubank Snr when we stopped at the same hotel. I was surprised how small he was (not height but overall physique)

Nick

Administrator
I saw audley Harrison once, was surprised he was smaller than me too, looked really skinny as well

They must just get bigger for fights

W

westcountry_skyblue

Think the press called him that after he fought David Haye and he hardly threw a punch all fight.
Just tried to hug him all fight.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Say what you like about Audley Harrison but after Henry cooper died he got moved up one place in the heavyweight rankings

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Daz

It's the same every where Nick
I'm gonna see Springsteen Friday guarantee people will be filming it or tweeting about how good it is
WELL WATCH THE FUCKING THING !!!!! really annoys me

Sky_Blue_Daz

Calling out David Haye
Could be a money maker

Sky_Blue_Daz

Next summer at Wembley
Fury v Joshua
Bellew v Haye
Benn jnr v Eubank jnr
Could be an immense pay per view

SkyblueBazza

I once shared a hotel lift with Chris Eubank Snr when we stopped at the same hotel. I was surprised how small he was (not height but overall physique)
I met him & went to wish him well in his rematch with Nigel Benn - talking with my hands he seemed to think I was offering a hand shake so offered his to me. I shook his hand - & omg! He was about 2" shorter than me...but his hand must be >7" across. My hand felt like it was engulfed by his...and I remember thinking that as a fist - one of his punches would pretty much connect with the whole of the face. Wouldn't pick a fight with him lol

...onwards & upwards PUSB

CCFC88

Next summer at Wembley
Fury v Joshua
Bellew v Haye
Benn jnr v Eubank jnr
Could be an immense pay per view

No way Benn will be ready to get in with Eubank next year 7 years age difference and 21 fights currently, will be at least 3-4 years till that fight is anything other than a pipedream, this time next year Eubank Jr should be looking at world level, maybe a BJS rematch or dare I say it GGG, he wont be fighting a 20 year who will have had probably 6-7 fights just because their dads fought years back.

There is a higher chance of Benn Snr v Eubank Snr than their sons getting it on next year.

Nick

Administrator
I didn't really rate Benn when I saw him, he looked like he was pissed up in a night club.

CCFC88

Still only his second pro fight though, give him a chance, he is getting put onto big undercards purely because of this surname, you can't truly judge him from that.

Sky_Blue_Daz

No way Benn will be ready to get in with Eubank next year 7 years age difference and 21 fights currently, will be at least 3-4 years till that fight is anything other than a pipedream, this time next year Eubank Jr should be looking at world level, maybe a BJS rematch or dare I say it GGG, he wont be fighting a 20 year who will have had probably 6-7 fights just because their dads fought years back.

There is a higher chance of Benn Snr v Eubank Snr than their sons getting it on next year.

Good point

bringbackrattles

Ricky Hatton was in the Old Crown on Windmill Lane a few years ago as he was a mate of the landlord.I admit I was starstruck seeing him there drinking Guinness, but he was a great character talking to us in the bar, but he did have some big lads with him.He was short and stocky and knocked back about five pints in no time !

Hadji10

You lot do realise that Benn Jnr is a lightweight and Eubank Jnr is a Middleweight, there's 3 weight divisions between them? That fight will never happen.

CCFC88

It could happen one day, as long as Connor Benn continues to progress, it will be another 6-8 years maybe a decade away but if both are at world level there will be too much money in it for both of them to turn down.

Although he has fought at super middle, Eubank looks a natural middleweight so I cant see him going up in weight so far that he cant make weight at middle, C Benn is only 19 and he already looks too big to be fighting at super-light,, Id expect to see him at Welterweight naturally by the time he is 21.

Cotto, Khan, De la Hoya, Mosley all started at light/superlight, De la Hoya was even featherweight, and have all boxed at middle. As I said, it will all depend on Benn's progression but there is a fight there in the future if all goes to plan.

Hadji10

Eubank Jnr won't be in the sport 10 years, you can tell that by the fight he's currently chasing. He's after the money, once he makes it he will be out the sport.

Pipehitterz

woaaaah
kell brook vs grenady golovkin

where the hell did that fight come from,
absolutely nobody mentioned that

big step up for kell, he's good, but a good big un beats a good little un all day long, especially without a tune up at the weight
can only see ggg winning this one

Pipehitterz

I wouldn't say no chance.
But I get what you're saying , it's got knock out written all over it , he could have made as much money fighting khan , and actually started more even

Gazolba

It's strange that now in football for any type of head injury, the player has to be removed from the field and can only re-enter after being examined and given the ok by medical professionals.
Yet we still condone a sport where the object is to pummel someone about the head until they fall down senseless. And it has been proved that continued head trauma over a period of time results in irreversible brain damage.

Users who are viewing this thread