Boxing (1 Viewer)

Hadji10

I thought Eubank Jnr was lined up for Golovkin. I want that smug twat to be put on his arse

Eubank never wanted the fight. They just attached their name to Golovkins to gain hype. Look at the insane demands Sr has made, it's a way of backing out the fight. Fair play to Brook for stepping up, but it's not going to be pretty.

CCFC88

Hearn said earlier in the year that Brook had planned to move up to middle next year anyway, and its been said that on day to day weight Brook is actually the heavier of the two naturally, obviously walking weight and fighting weight are two different things so the question is can he setttle at that fighting weight, keeping all the attributes that made him the worlds no1 welterweight.

Underdog clearly but I think it is a closer match up than Khan v Canelo as Brook has proven he can take punishment, I'd love Kell to do it and I think he will!

Pipehitterz

Hearn said earlier in the year that Brook had planned to move up to middle next year anyway, and its been said that on day to day weight Brook is actually the heavier of the two naturally, obviously walking weight and fighting weight are two different things so the question is can he setttle at that fighting weight, keeping all the attributes that made him the worlds no1 welterweight.

Underdog clearly but I think it is a closer match up than Khan v Canelo as Brook has proven he can take punishment, I'd love Kell to do it and I think he will!
Yeah you're right , it's closes than the khan fight for sure.
Brook is a right fatty outside the ring so turning a bit of that into muscle will Help him.
Brook is a good boxer , despite the weight disadvantage , I believe he will be the Best fighter ggg has ever faced, the one outstanding thing on ggg record is a prestige fight. This just might be it.
I go ggg just because of the weight issue , but Brook seriously thinks that he's the man, and he's had to dig in the trenches to keep his nil record.
This one could be an amazing night.
One of these boxers will come out of this fight a higher profile fighter.
Want Kel to do it , just think it's massive ask.
And we still don't know how good ggg is, he may be over hyped

Hadji10

Brook walks around at a higher weight because he's a fat bastard who isn't disciplined between fights. It's not good weight to put on.

CCFC88

Heard an interview with Bellew and his trainer told him that Brook at 154 is the best thing he has seen in boxing, Id rather he went in 1/2 stone lighter than GGG and play to his strengths rather than try and get as heavy as possible and outpower him.

Brook will certainly be a different challenge to GGG who's defence is probably the worst part of his game against Brook whos footwork and timing will be a different level to that GGG has faced in the past.

Hadji10

Heard an interview with Bellew and his trainer told him that Brook at 154 is the best thing he has seen in boxing, Id rather he went in 1/2 stone lighter than GGG and play to his strengths rather than try and get as heavy as possible and outpower him.

Brook will certainly be a different challenge to GGG who's defence is probably the worst part of his game against Brook whos footwork and timing will be a different level to that GGG has faced in the past.

Ever heard of Compu-box? It's what HBO use to calculate the stats during a fight. Golovkin has the best defensive stats since compubox was bought in, in around 2008. He has better defensive stats than Floyd Mayweather. It's a complete myth that he has a poor defence.

Brook's footwork? Name me a fight where he's demonstrated that, he has quite poor footwork infact. And this power he has at welter is a myth aswell. He didn't put a dent in Shawn Porter who was buzzed several times by Keith Thurman and was dropped by light welterweight Adrien Broner.

Kell Brook will get badly beaten up in this fight, don't take what his friends say in the media as gospel. If he was that frightening at 154 why has he killed himself to make 147 for years? He doesn't have a single chance of winning against Golovkin.

Users who are viewing this thread