Bradford (Away) Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Grendel

I don't rate him and I don't see the obsession.

I did say even he should be able to do something as a league one player. His first game was a car crash.

It seems it's ok to express negativity at some but the likes of Bigiamara occupy the same hallowed ground as St Carl.

Gren, its ok to have an opinion on a player, if you dont rate him fine, but i get the feeling no matter how he plays you will see him as a bad player having a good game opposed to a good player having a bad one. Im sure if he was not so good tonight you would be hightlighting it from the roof, he is young and like them all will have good and bad days.

You will notice until this season I constantly berated Fleck. Now he is one of our better players.

hill83

I think some players get a far easier ride than others and some players will always be looked on as positive.

The contrast of views for example on Burge and Alsopp last season is a case in point.

Poll thread? Not the baker one surely? When O Brien came to the club many slated the decision to sell baker and take the likes of him on.

If Thomas had played the last 20 on Saturday like that and I'd have started a thread berating him I'd have had more likes than Italia on a wasps forum.

It's not a crime to not see this great player that others do.

It's also not a crime to think you are always right and everyone else is wrong, makes you look a right c**t though.

Calista

Excellent point against a side that will be there or there about in May. These are the points you pick up in a promotion season. Pusb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect that is the voice of experience? I wonder what proportion of CCFC fans have witnessed a promotion (or even two)?

Strange as it may seem, for me this is one of the most significant results of the season.

covcity4life

You need to get over it. You are just like the loner st school who wanted to be different

You don't like that fans like baker
You don't like that fans like reda

Now you are starting on BigI because you believe he's loved

You are a sad sad person

saltaire bantam

That'll do. Could have won it but I'll take a draw.

That'll do. Could have won it but I'll take a draw. :D

Good game for a 0-0, I think both sets of fans spent the last 15 minutes worried that the other team would nick it by the only goal. Not a lot to say, two good teams, mistakes were rarely made and with both keepers looking very confident. I'd say Coventry are the best team I've seen so far, but I don't think you were any better than us, we'll be top 4 end of season.

Grendel

It's also not a crime to think you are always right and everyone else is wrong, makes you look a right c**t though.

I don't think everyone else is wrong though.

wingy

I don't see the point of criticising absolutely any CCFC player who currently pulls onto SkyBlue shirt. JMO

Hobo

If Bigi filled in for Fleck and had a good game that is a big bonus. As Fleck is one player we have lacked cover for.

fernandopartridge

Quick ratings
RCC 7
Ricketts 7
Martin 8 (MoM)
Turner 7
Stokes 7
Bigi 7
Vincelot 7
Armstrong 6
Murphy 6
Fortune 6
Lameiras 6

Subs
JOB 5
Kent 7

Weren't quite as fluid as we can be, thought Bigi acquitted himself well without the range of passing Fleck has. We look better breaking away, when we had to try and break Bradford down we struggled a bit.
They're a decent side mind you, well organised.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

On the Bradford board they seem to have to the view that we'll win the league. In my opinion if we finish above Bradford and Wigan we'll have won the league.

letsallsingtogether

I thought that Bigi did quite well in the second half tonight, 95% of his passes got to there mark, ok they were generally short passes but that is how the team was playing it.
Was watching him pretty closely as one of our party was moaning about him. They had to concede in the end...........

PUSB

letsallsingtogether

Listening to the local station after the match they kept saying that we had watch the top two teams tonight, That both defences played exceptionally well keeping the forwards at bay. Also that a draw was the right score as it would have been unfair on ether side to lose this game.
Thought that summed it up pretty well.

PUSB

Gazolba

but I don't think you were any better than us, we'll be top 4 end of season.

Take a look at our goal difference (17) compared to yours (3) and you will see we are a better team. Keeping clean sheets is all well and good but you are going to have to start scoring goals to get anywhere.

Silsden

I thought that Bigi did quite well in the second half tonight, 95% of his passes got to there mark, ok they were generally short passes but that is how the team was playing it.
Was watching him pretty closely as one of our party was moaning about him. They had to concede in the end........... PUSB
He was always making himself available for a pass and moving the ball about well. Apart from that ridiculous free kick he wasted he was quality and looked like he enjoyed himself

PUSB

stevefloyd

I watched with intent (nice fella) on my laptop but I fell asleep before the end of the game, I woke up at 4.30 am local time 11.30pm UK time to see we had got a point...keep the mighty sky blue machine rolling another fabulous point PUSB

saltaire bantam

Take a look at our goal difference (17) compared to yours (3) and you will see we are a better team. Keeping clean sheets is all well and good but you are going to have to start scoring goals to get anywhere.

There is a solid reason. We got off to a horrendous start and it actually took us until last week to overturn the minus GD! Lost Filipe Morais for the season, our marquee summer signing Paul Anderson from Ipswich for the season, Billy Clarke until last week, Hanson's been out, Steve Davies is out for the season..........it's an unbelievable run of forward injuries..........

Otis

There is a solid reason. We got off to a horrendous start and it actually took us until last week to overturn the minus GD! Lost Filipe Morais for the season, our marquee summer signing Paul Anderson from Ipswich for the season, Billy Clarke until last week, Hanson's been out, Steve Davies is out for the season..........it's an unbelievable run of forward injuries..........
Yeah, you do have to take into consideration how things have changed and how you have improved as the season has wore on.

Sounds from last night that there was quite a bit of parity between the two sides.

It's an amazing run of clean sheets you have for sure.

wingy

Those are significant ommissions,
However I see you coming In fourth
Burton and Gills to fade away, Wigan and Walsall ahead of you.;-)

shmmeee

I'd be wary of any club making predictions past the Jan window to be honest. So many loans to leave, players to be sold, new signings to fuck up, teams to randomly lose form.

As others have said, I bet Notts County thought they were home and dry at this point last season.

On what I've seen so far though: Wigan, Us, Walsall, Bradford. In that order.

covads83

In everyone's opinion, how much investment in the team is needed if we are promoted to the championship this season? We have some great players but many will struggle in the championship i feel.

Evo1883

Was there last night , felt we still had a couple more gears in us however you have to be delighted with the point .

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Was there last night , felt we still had a couple more gears in us however you have to be delighted with the point .

How did MAF do? Impression I got from listening is that he slowed everything down (more than usual)& didn't dominate their defence physically at all?

Evo1883

How did MAF do? Impression I got from listening is that he slowed everything down (more than usual)& didn't dominate their defence physically at all?
To be honest , he did ok but he does slow the game down .. and yes he wont play many more physical sides like that and didnt have his own way at all ..
Pleasing that we can rest players and still get results at these places though but i believe tudgay is the better option of the two

mechaishida

In everyone's opinion, how much investment in the team is needed if we are promoted to the championship this season? We have some great players but many will struggle in the championship i feel.

I guess it's in the realms of supposition till we actually get there; the gulf is definite and I agree, some of our squad will struggle to make the transition.

Hypothetically, some moderate to large investment is required, because I feel TM wants permanent signings if we go up.

Bumberclart

Have to be happy with a point away from home against a well organised, in form team like Bradford.
Only disappointment really was MAF. He really needs to move towards the ball more, and at the moment he doesn't seem to be on the same wavelength as the other attacking players. So many times he lost possession when one or 2 steps either way would give him a better chance of controlling a pass.
On a positive note Bigi had a solid game, but I felt we missed the added guile of Fleck.
Bradford fans told me we are the best side they have seen this season, so I'll take a point, stay top and move on.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

To be honest , he did ok but he does slow the game down .. and yes he wont play many more physical sides like that and didnt have his own way at all ..
Pleasing that we can rest players and still get results at these places though but i believe tudgay is the better option of the two

Thats annoying as I was fighting his corner & games last night are the reason he's at the club & should be getting 8/10 ideally.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Have to be happy with a point away from home against a well organised, in form team like Bradford.
Only disappointment really was MAF. He really needs to move towards the ball more, and at the moment he doesn't seem to be on the same wavelength as the other attacking players. So many times he lost possession when one or 2 steps either way would give him a better chance of controlling a pass.
On a positive note Bigi had a solid game, but I felt we missed the added guile of Fleck.
Bradford fans told me we are the best side they have seen this season, so I'll take a point, stay top and move on.

Glad Bigi played well!

robbiethemole

I don't get all this "Bradford extend the unbeaten run to 9 games" stuff.........................we've gone 10 unbeaten and no bugger sez a word!

(or is it expected from the top team?:whistle:)

Users who are viewing this thread