Brighten up (1 Viewer)

rexo87

Everyone's so negative it's unbelievable we've got 7 points from 5 games. Solid start to the season I realise we are not scoring many but it will come with players like mcnulty jones andreu and nazon in the squad. I also realise we are not playing brilliant football but we've played nice football under various managers in the last few years and it's got us nowhere. People need to forget all the 'how far we have fallen' bollocks, yes we have fallen but stating that over and over again gets us nowhere. it's now time to get behind the team and we will be up there by the end of the season. I dispise sisu as much as anyone else but in all honesty we are powerless to remove them so may as well get behind this team we will win some lose some but I believe at the end of the season we will be up there. PUSB

Otis

Me too.

Still very early days. Just a bit of tinkering here and there and it should all piece together.

Word is we were solid at the back yesterday. Well, there's a refreshing change from other seasons for starters. Robins is also very confident the goals will come for McNulty too.

A simple change from two defensive midfielders to one defensive midfielder and maybe giving Camwell a go at left back to induce pace and an overlapping option could give us that extra bit of attacking prowess as well.

Just about getting the balance right. You don't want to go from solid at the back to being vulnerable, but we should be able to get the right mix between solid at the back and potent up front.

hill83

Yep. Not a great start. I expected more but I'm also pretty sure things will click sooner rather than later and we'll win 35 games in a row.

Amcoventry

Big crunch game for the season this weekend - need a good 3 goal plus win

Liquid Gold

Have you been to the games? It's not just the results its the football we're playing. I was going to say we could still be playing Chesterfield now and still not scored but we could still be playing Newport and not scored. We look devoid of any idea of how to break teams down.

rexo87

Have you been to the games? It's not just the results its the football we're playing. I was going to say we could still be playing Chesterfield now and still not scored but we could still be playing Newport and not scored. We look devoid of any idea of how to break teams down.

Their keeper made 4 or 5 good saves yesterday!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rexo87

Me too.

Still very early days. Just a bit of tinkering here and there and it should all piece together.

Word is we were solid at the back yesterday. Well, there's a refreshing change from other seasons for starters. Robins is also very confident the goals will come for McNulty too.

A simple change from two defensive midfielders to one defensive midfielder and maybe giving Camwell a go at left back to induce pace and an overlapping option could give us that extra bit of attacking prowess as well.

Just about getting the balance right. You don't want to go from solid at the back to being vulnerable, but we should be able to get the right mix between solid at the back and potent up front.

I agree we've got to go with either Kelly or Doyle and andreu in midfield as we need more creativity. I also wouldn't mind seeing kwame Thomas being given a go at some point as I thought he was one of our better players at the end of last year and has scored 4 in 4 for the u23.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bristol sky blue

I find some match ratings of our players on here a bit extreme at times...

I think a lot of frustration stems from the fact that we are average (W2 D1 L2) at the moment, but we have the potential to be a lot better than that.

Positives from yesterday: Lee Burge saved a free kick brilliantly (he often concedes from them), McNulty is getting into good scoring positions, we kept a clean sheet away from home.
Negatives: Too many sideways / backwards passes, inability to score against 10 men, persistence with defensive formation (i.e. Doyle & Kelly together) when the game was there for the taking.

Users who are viewing this thread