Brighton in the EFL Trophy (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, it's pretty much pay on the gate and sit where you can find a space (which hasn't been an issue so far).

It is a bit weird sitting on the other side, not sure I like it!

Irish Sky Blue

Truth is, the corporate section is far too big. Some of the best seats in the stadium and mostly empty every week.
When the new owners come in and our crowds increase they need to sort out areas in the stadium. The corporate section is one but there also needs to be Coventry fans behind both goals.

Otis

So, with a week's break (no game Saturday because of the FA Cup) and our putting in a decent effort today, who's now decided to go next Tuesday for this EFL Trophy game?

Think it has come at a perfect time. Slade now with a bit more time to wheel and deal, work on stuff on the training ground and maybe get one or two players closer to fitness.

Terry Gibson's perm

I will not be there I am boycotting.

Now the truth my wife is on nights that night so not fair to leave 3 kids home alone to go and watch

Sky Blue Harry H

So, with a week's break (no game Saturday because of the FA Cup) and our putting in a decent effort today, who's now decided to go next Tuesday for this EFL Trophy game?

Think it has come at a perfect time. Slade now with a bit more time to wheel and deal, work on stuff on the training ground and maybe get one or two players closer to fitness.

I'm plucking up the courage to arrange a 'family' away day at Chesterfield (my birthday weekend), but not sure how it will go down with 'she who must be obeyed' (a warmer month would have been an easier sell !). Hoping to do this too, now.

Otis

I got my ticket today. Got a seat right by Clive Eakin so I can prod him everytime he says Bournemouth or Blackpool.

smileycov

Facebook User
me too, really hope slade plays strong team

1 win and we are in to the last 8. this season could be exciting yet!
last 8 in our section though yea? so we have to win at least 4 more matches out of 5 to get to the final!!

Captain Dart

He called Bolton, SU and Burton during the game yesterday.
He talked about Bolton being in 22nd place as the phone-in was ending, he meant Bury of course.

Otis

He called Bolton, SU and Burton during the game yesterday.
I know. Said so in the match thread.

Sheff Utd, then Burton, then called Peterborough Portsmouth and then said City could overtake Bolton with the win and then said that QPR were drawing with QPR.

Otis

last 8 in our section though yea? so we have to win at least 4 more matches out of 5 to get to the final!!
Tis isn't it?

Thought there were just 8 games left, 16 teams.

That would leave just 8 left after this round wouldn't it?

wingy

Impressed by the marketing department with this competition once more.
Close the prawn sandwich stand where no one buys the poor fayre on offer
and I will give the club ten pounds of my hard earned, above the value of my unused ST.

Otis

Just checked. Yes, only 8 ties left in this round, so 16 teams.

Swansea V Wolves

Blackpool V Wycombe

CITY V Brighton

Oxford V Scunthorpe

Yeovil V Reading

Mansfield V Oldham

Luton V Chesterfield

Cheltenham or Leicester V Bradford

Will be just 8 teams left after this round.

smileycov

Facebook User
Tis isn't it?

Thought there were just 8 games left, 16 teams.

That would leave just 8 left after this round wouldn't it?
He thought we was in last 16 of the whole thing. we are in last 16 of southern section.

smileycov

Facebook User
sorry Otis you are correct, my mistake but it is still split into regions is it not? North and South.
So Bradford or Scunny in the final Lol??

Otis

Trying to find that out. Nowt on the EFL site past this round and nowt on Wiki either.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Otis

Only thing I can find is on the MK Dons website. That just says the 4th round (next week is the 3rd round) is an unseeded draw.

So as Sam says, not regionalised. Could face any of the teams left.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Otis

Leicester U21's in the next round might bring a few of our furry friends down the M69 to watch.

Otis

Yep, just 16 teams. Win against Brighton and it will be last 8.

Think when it gets to final 4 it is over 2 legs.

Just wonder if this could possibly save our season and speed up Sisu's departure.

A Wembley win must be worth some dosh mustn't it? Would also see a rise in attendances. Would give the whole city a boost.

I know it is only a tin pot trophy, but silverware is silverware and our trophy cabinet is very bare.

A winning mentality could do wonders.

Perhaps I am getting ahead of myself here. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread