Match Thread Bristol R v Coventry Match Thread - Monday 26th Dec (1 Viewer)

davebart

going by previous seasons we need about 50 points to be safe. That is 31 points from 23 games. say 9 wins and a few draws. The bottom 8 are all a bit crap so there will be wins along the way from those, but where can we pick up points elsewhere?

There are still enough games to get back to basics and grind out a few draws. But have these lads got the application for it?

Buster

To remain in l1 I think we'll only need 2 players if we can get the right ones . A Reda ,Turner type at the back to lead the defence and a nippy striker . A lot could be got from Bigi and Stevenson . Not so sure a big man up front will do us any good, who the f is gonna put the ball on his head. That's with Stokes back

W

westcountry_skyblue

I thought Reid played well today and like Slade said we need to be braver in and around the box.
Thought Bigi offered us nothing today apart from the corner for our goal,McCann played well but he's off anyway.
Non existent marking for their first goal and their 2nd and third the guy was given to much room to pick his spot.
I left at 3-1 so cannot commentate on the 4th.
Also a few people said Stevenson is off to Brentford for 1 million so Joy can get her hair and nails done and a new handbag!

Grendel

And what do we do when willis, stevenson and stokes are sold in january to fund the sisu new years party

Which new year is that? Never sure which years threads you are looking at to be honest

Otis

Slade;

Look, one or two encouraging bits

Now know the size of the task

January crucial / pivotal whether we get to safety or not

Terms of attitude they were trying to win

Could have possibly scored more ourselves

Have to value the basics better than we do

Clearances, marking, closing down, passing. Basics

Have to make sure we do those well

Can't go on conceding goals like we did today

Stretched defensively over the whole game

Couldn't understand how we got ourselves back in it at 2-1 but in terms of games management that's when we got ourselves stretched

Needed to get compact. Get back in the game. Pop. We didn't.

Home team get third and makes it difficult

Subtle changes to try and be narrow on one side

Thought Reid offered us a lot

Stepped up and put good balls in

Needed to show more belief in the box

Didn't deserve anything all game

Our goal was first (maybe second) from a corner

With the group we have, January will need to look at our out of possession play (nooooo Presley used to say that!)

Not just the centre halves or centre midfields we have to be more solid

Already making breakfast enquiries. No doubt that we need help

Some will play a part in us going forward

Help. From Mark Venus and scouts to recruit and make us safe
NOW he knows the size of the task? Has he not looked at the results then, or watched the game tapes, or talked to Venus and Oggy?

Surely he should have known the size of the task before today's game. Maybe from the minute he signed on the dotted line.

JeffB

I really don't know why we all bother! I think the time has come to rename the tactics, prediction for each game to the scale of the next hammering. I bet Bury are making enquiries with the FA as to how they can bring their home game against us forward. Tragically we have become a laughing stock.

ccfcway

Well, that was poor. Not a clue why we went 433 in some stages. Same sh1t, different day. It's ok for slade, he can leave in the summer, us poor folk are stuck here

Last edited:

torchomatic

And what do we do when willis, stevenson and stokes are sold in january to fund the sisu new years party

Nobody ever listens but maybe you will. Why will money from player sales go to SISU and not directly fund the football club?

Last edited:

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Think tudgay can work in a 2 man attack

He wants physicality and as much experience as he can get i assume
TUDGAY :facepalm:

Don't give up your day job, because you'll never make a football manager :facepalm:

The Reverend Skyblue

However low we all feel at the moment and it seems we reach a new low every game , just remember to keep on going and stick with the club, just believe that one day this almighty shitfest we are in will be over and we can begin the rise back to where we belong.
So keep going ,keep the faith and stick with the club, one day all this political ego tennis will be over and we will have a new dawn

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

‪My thoughts: Bristol Rovers prove far too strong as Coventry City suffer seventh straight defeat. Bristol Rovers 4-1 Coventry City #PUSB #BRFC‬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don't you come on here and join in some debate sometime?

One post a week to promote your WordPress account doesn't give me any incentive to read an already bleak report I've already got from the wankers on here!

johnwillomagic

Don't really understand why we played 4-3-3 and not 4-4-2 tbh.......it does not sound like today it would have made much difference.
but play Sordelll and Tudguy in a bloody front 2 - reid on one wing who by accounts did ok today Lameiras or Jones other wing.
Central Midfield pick two from Rose, Bigi, McCann and Stevenson.....my preference would be McCann and Stevenson.

Defence unfortunately seems to pick itself at present hopefully Stokes will be back to provide some competition for places soon.

Page, Sterry, Turnbull and Willis,,,,,goalie not much between them currently tbh.

It really is a simple game.......need reenforcements in January centrally down spine of the team, defence , midfield and up top!

Littlewood CCFC

If Tudgay starts another game that's it for me i aint going again. Brings absolutely NOTHING to the team no pace, cant hold the ball up, cant link the play his touch is shite. No will or work rate. For a ' Model pro ' the way he slumped off the pitch was laughable, great role model for the younger players. Page and Sterry seem to think they are miles better than they really are, the way their right midfielder milked Page on the way to win the pen for their 4th just summed Page up. Id understand if he was better than haynes but he aint really and we should be playing our own.... Good Luck Slade in finding help for this team. Worst i've seen the last 7 games in my 18 years following Cov

Nick

Administrator
How much of a difference does it make when somebody is willing to shoot from outside the box rather than back to the full back and back to the keeper an actually take a chance.

robbiekeane

How much of a difference does it make when somebody is willing to shoot from outside the box rather than back to the full back and back to the keeper an actually take a chance.
That was the thing with Armstrong and even Murphy....loads of their goals were from outside the box, this lot are shit scared of having a go

Nick

Administrator
That was the thing with Armstrong and even Murphy....loads of their goals were from outside the box, this lot are shit scared of having a go

It has only really been Stevenson who will have a shot like that and it has paid off.

If the goal Stevenson scored the other week had gone to anybody else they would have taken it down and probably laid it out wide to the full back and tried to pass it about a bit with no real pressure.

Have a shot, then the striker should be following it up every time in case the keeper fumbles it or it hits the post.

cloughie

Nobody ever listens but maybe you will. Why will money from player sales go to SISU and not directly fund the football club?
well apparently we made a million profit last year so no need not to re invest the million ..............on new players surely?

clint van damme

we all have our disagreements and arguments on here and I'm sure I've bickered with some of those in attendance today but everyone of you has my utmost respect.

It was hard enough listening on the radio but to have been there must have been soul destroying.
Fuck knows where we go from here, and we all have our disagreements but I'm sure we all want the same thing but it's very hard to be upbeat after today.
Hope everyone who went got home safely and much love to all of you. A very piSsed CVD!

Como

Kudos to those who went today

Double Kudos if you stayed until the end.

Re Slade I listened to what he had to say and I see no point having a go, what could he say,? he must have know the issues but seeing the issues can still be a shock.

I wish him well, he is on a hiding to nothing.

Generally Midfield

we all have our disagreements and arguments on here and I'm sure I've bickered with some of those in attendance today but everyone of you has my utmost respect.

It was hard enough listening on the radio but to have been there must have been soul destroying.
Fuck knows where we go from here, and we all have our disagreements but I'm sure we all want the same thing but it's very hard to be upbeat after today.
Hope everyone who went got home safely and much love to all of you. A very piSsed CVD!

"Soul destroying" sums it up and I posted on another thread that it was evidence - if anybody still needed it - that to avoid relegation we desperately need to strengthen. We were easily beaten by a poor team. If they had a decent striker they could have been 3 or 4 up at half time. We got a scrappy goal and one header hit the bar but I don't think we had another effort on target. Basically we were woeful in defence and had nothing up front. We can blame Wasps, CCC, Bryan Richardson and whoever else we want but there's only one way investment can be made and that's by sisu. It's on them now because unless we strengthen it's very very hard to see us avoiding the drop.

letsallsingtogether

"Soul destroying" sums it up and I posted on another thread that it was evidence - if anybody still needed it - that to avoid relegation we desperately need to strengthen. We were easily beaten by a poor team. If they had a decent striker they could have been 3 or 4 up at half time. We got a scrappy goal and one header hit the bar but I don't think we had another effort on target. Basically we were woeful in defence and had nothing up front. We can blame Wasps, CCC, Bryan Richardson and whoever else we want but there's only one way investment can be made and that's by sisu. It's on them now because unless we strengthen it's very very hard to see us avoiding the drop.
Agree with that.
Even we left early that is the quietest I have ever seen the SBA don't think they mustered even on song.:(
Honestly watching that makes you want to stay away just because it was so sad to see the demise of our team so quickly, Even God will struggle to help us here I fear.
PUSB

letsallsingtogether

We still need somebody who will be an absolute prick on the pitch towards the other team and other fans.

We need some nastiness.
They never argued about one decision yesterday just took it all, the Bristol players surrounded the ref, no wonder we are easy pickings.
Need 2 or 3 really nasty fuckers take no prisoners get stuck in let them know they have had a game.
Bristol will think they still have to play us as yesterday was just a knockabout practice match.

Nick

Administrator
They never argued about one decision yesterday just took it all, the Bristol players surrounded the ref, no wonder we are easy pickings.
Need 2 or 3 really nasty fuckers take no prisoners get stuck in let them know they have had a game.
Bristol will think they still have to play us as yesterday was just a knockabout practice match.

Agree with that. We need a Robbie Savage type who will play the game, be at the ref for everything, be in the opposition faces if they do a bad challenge and generally be a bastard to play against.

Our players commit a bad foul and they apologise and say sorry, they probably do when they get fouled as well.

I reckon a nasty centre half, midfielder and a striker who will make the defenders work and hassle them all game physically.

trevelfarandwide

Slade out, Holder in, problem solved.

Seriously though, getting buggered 4-1 from an average team at absolute best is pretty appalling - I have heard from friends who went, that Bristol could have had about 7 or 8? Marvelous stuff. We're being dragged down to L2 by the rotten climate at the club, and to be quite honest, I'd be surprised if we don't finish rock bottom.

Bad times, brothers, bad times.

trevelfarandwide

Yep, my half-pissed, misery-soaked pals were right then. Dear oh fucking dear...

Nick

Administrator
Are you available Nick

I'd love to.

I'd happily go on, two foot somebody, tell the other team they are shit and that one of our players did his wife and run about a bit. Wind up the opposition fans as well. Probably last about 5 minutes before I am blowing out of my arse but I'd die trying! The crowd would love it at least.

giphy.gif

Colin Steins Smile

If we made a profit of £1M, then we need this money to be invested NOW, without selling Stevenson. If we don't make some massive changes to this squad we will be in the 4th tier of English football and lose far more revenue in season ticket and walk up tickets next year.
We are desperate for our leadership at ALL levels from RS upwards to TF to ensure we have a credible team, currently we are a joke!

Users who are viewing this thread