Match Thread Bristol R v Coventry Match Thread - Monday 26th Dec (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

well apparently we made a million profit last year so no need not to re invest the million ..............on new players surely?
But the football club also need that 1 million to cover operating losses on a weekly basis. Most of it is probably gone now.

letsallsingtogether

I'd love to.

I'd happily go on, two foot somebody, tell the other team they are shit and that one of our players did his wife and run about a bit. Wind up the opposition fans as well. Probably last about 5 minutes before I am blowing out of my arse but I'd die trying! The crowd would love it at least.

giphy.gif
Fuck me I actually got sent off for a tackle like that in a works five a side game.
We were losing 7-1 with about a minute to go.
Bloody young upstarts:)

Nick

Administrator
Fuck me I actually got sent off for a tackle like that in a works five a side game.
We were losing 7-1 with about a minute to go.
Bloody young upstarts:)

Imagine if one of our players did it, would get the biggest cheer of the season!

Although, I reckon you would be more the monk from Mean Machine ;)

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Just watched the highlights and saw the goals back again. Were we even fucking trying?

There would be more fight from a SBT XI without doubt.

Appaling.

Ashdown

My mate is a Rovers fans and went. He said our basic problem is we are too lightweight all over the pitch and with that very timid in any challenge. We all knew that surely but then promoting academy players and other clubs Youth is the cheapest way of putting a team out isn't it....................................

Nick

Administrator
My mate is a Rovers fans and went. He said our basic problem is we are too lightweight all over the pitch and with that very timid in any challenge. We all knew that surely but then promoting academy players and other clubs Youth is the cheapest way of putting a team out isn't it....................................

It was an issue last season, Mowbray said he recognised this but then failed to act on it both in winter or the summer windows.

Ashdown

Mowbray wasn't a great manager at our level but I'm pretty sure for one reason or another he couldn't attract/afford the players to our little party could he in reality ?!

Nick

Administrator
Mowbray wasn't a great manager at our level but I'm pretty sure for one reason or another he couldn't attract/afford the players to our little party could he in reality ?!

He could if he had targetted the right places.

Ashdown

By all accounts he wasn't offered funds until the cream had gone and then only he knows who were his first choice targets.

torchomatic

Yep, he should have been looking in Aldi instead of Waitrose.

THe analogy is sound. Peterborough for example have made a fortune from raiding the lower leagues and we should be doing the same. The gems are there.

Liquid Gold

After the game was telling. The subs came over to clap the fans but the first team stayed on the half way line. All apart from sterry who came over and said sorry but he gives 110% every game. Fair play for coming over but if that is 110% then he's just shit.

ceetee

Why do people keep going on about 4 4 2

Everything I have seen this season (and heard yesterday) says that the players we have (or the players picked) can't play 4 4 2

Mind you, I can't pretend to know what is our best formation

JeffB

However low we all feel at the moment and it seems we reach a new low every game , just remember to keep on going and stick with the club, just believe that one day this almighty shitfest we are in will be over and we can begin the rise back to where we belong.
So keep going ,keep the faith and stick with the club, one day all this political ego tennis will be over and we will have a new dawn

JeffB

I think this is a lovely sentiment but the sad fact is that we are in terminal decline and are rapidly running out of leagues. If I had a pound for every season that god sent where the poor little lambs were low on confidence for no apparent reason whatsoever, I would be a millionaire. In order to climb you need to be promoted and without wishing to be impertinent there has been no top 6 finish in any league for nearly half a century....because the lambs get short of confidence and tired and depressed and no-one loves them etc etc so they go on their annual run of disaster which is traditionally February, but this year they decided to start in early August. Promoted clubs win football matches consistently. They may have hiccups and setbacks but they don't have disaster runs like us and they just get on with it. A defeat is a defeat in their eyes. No use whatsoever. These pampered tossers expect an arm around them in congratulations when they lose 1 nil to Bolton and Scunthorpe.

Users who are viewing this thread