British Gas ..double payments (1 Viewer)

skybluejelly

Just a heads up ..if you pay your gas bill by direct debit British Gas seems to have taken 2 lots out this month.. I noticed mine yesterday ..and thought it was just me .. But spoke to 4 other people and it's happened to them as well

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Left BG 3 months ago I've reduced my costs by £45 a month no idea how or why so I high i overpaid on my DD every month for 3 years got back a grand total of £23 when I left!

Tried to chase up but they've said this is correct I was expecting a few hundred at least!

SkyblueBazza

I ended up on BG dual fuel a few yrs ago. With all this excitement about switching suppliers...I did a comparison & went with a non-profit-making organisation saving £2-300 a yr.
When the contract came through it was with SSE (who ARE profit-making! Was it just a front?)...& DD initially reflected the above. 4 months in the DD went up significantly & again 4 months later - & at the yrs end I was STILL a staggering £300 underpaid.
Check the usage (it had gone up in fairness) & went to ask BG how much it would've cost me had I stayed...£60 more than where I started from!
So did the same exercise & went to EDF. Same thing is happening again. So I am suspecting it js far better to speak with existing supplier go ensure you're on the lowest tariff possible & steer well clear of comparison sites.
Completely mad.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Captain Dart

Watch the Martin Lewis program broadcast a few days ago.
All about energy bills and switching to save money.
Some suppliers web sites crashed during the show (originally broadcast live) because loads of people decided to check there and then.

Ccfcsj

Just a heads up ..if you pay your gas bill by direct debit British Gas seems to have taken 2 lots out this month.. I noticed mine yesterday ..and thought it was just me .. But spoke to 4 other people and it's happened to them as well
This has also happened to me. Trying to talk to their customer services but they seem to take forever to answer

Users who are viewing this thread