Broken Britain (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
You have just echoed my thoughts precicely Princess!!

ajsccfc

It's complete unadulterated bullshit. Again.

What about the rioting and looting that went on in the 'good old days' when you could apparently beat anyone you wanted around the head?

Colonel Mustard

RIP Broken Britain.. You went soft on discipline!.. You went soft on immigration!You went soft on crime.. Parents were told.. 'No you can't smack the kids'....Teachers were prevented from chastising kids in schools.. The police couldn't clip a troublemaker round the ear.. Kids had rights blah blah blah.. Well done Britain..You shall reap what you sow.. We have lost a whole generation!!

Your profile says that you are 30, so you grew up when most of these measures were being implemented/already implemented. And considering the tone of your posts, I assume that you consider yourself to be an upstanding citizen.

So...why is it that people like you can turn out okay in such an environment, yet others don't? What's the difference-maker?

ajsccfc

I didn't even know I had Sangat TV until now. I bet I'm missing out on some televisual gold the way I watch at most 10% of my channels.

Whilst being frivolous and shallow, one thing that has struck me about the riots is that they've allowed for some great dramatic photos:

bp3.jpg

bp7.jpg

bp9.jpg

bp1.jpg

Puck

RIP Broken Britain.. You went soft on discipline!.. You went soft on immigration!You went soft on crime.. Parents were told.. 'No you can't smack the kids'....Teachers were prevented from chastising kids in schools.. The police couldn't clip a troublemaker round the ear.. Kids had rights blah blah blah.. Well done Britain..You shall reap what you sow.. We have lost a whole generation!!

Only one generation? Are you sure?
Your points are simplistic and populist and neglect the decimation of industry in this country since 1979 creating mass unemployment.
One generation my arse.

Oh and why do you speak of Britain as if you are an outsider?

Macca

Liberalism got you the vote, the right to choose, equal opportunities, an education, a health service etc. So first off, accept that you're better off because of progressive politics. And secondly...what would the right do that's so different?

These thugs are criminals, for sure. But if we just write them off as underclass scum and sweep it under the carpet, then we're going to get more of this from the next generation. Maybe the consumerist society/lack of parental responsibility/broken homes/second-rate teaching should be considered as youth-killers - for starters.

good argument but shouldnt people at some point be held responsible for their actions? There are millions of people who have suffered with all of the above yet lived productive lives. Everyone has a choice.

rob9872

I like that one at the bottom aj where a football match appears to have broken out

ajsccfc

The first one stands out too: four horsemen riding through the fire, it writes its own caption.

dutchman

I didn't even know I had Sangat TV until now. I bet I'm missing out on some televisual gold the way I watch at most 10% of my channels.

Whilst being frivolous and shallow, one thing that has struck me about the riots is that they've allowed for some great dramatic photos:

Fantastic photos ajs, many thanks for posting them.

The third one is iconic for me. In my opinion they should rebuild the store exactly the way it looked before.

rob9872

And have Chumbawumba reform for the grand re-opening

rob9872

countdown.jpg

You mean this one?

rob9872

God save the queen
The fascist regime
They made you a moron
Potential H-bomb

God save the queen
She ain't no human being
There is no future
In England's dreaming

Don't be told what you want
Don't be told what you need
There's no future, no future,
No future for you

God save the queen
We mean it man
We love our queen
God saves

God save the queen
'Cause tourists are money
And our figurehead
Is not what she seems

Oh God save history
God save your mad parade
Oh Lord God have mercy
All crimes are paid

When there's no future
How can there be sin
We're the flowers in the dustbin
We're the poison in your human machine
We're the future, your future

God save the queen
We mean it man
We love our queen
God saves

God save the queen
We mean it man
And there is no future
In England's dreaming

No future, no future,
No future for you
No future, no future,
No future for me

No future, no future,
No future for you
No future, no future
For you

rob9872

Good point, we need more Cher Lloyd and Olly Murs :)

I'mARealWizard

Bored disaffected youth?

TVs in bedrooms, DVDs, blurays, freeview, Sky+, internet, online gaming, social clubs, youth clubs, gyms, mobile phones, libraries, sports centres, facebook, twitter, myspace, bebo, google+, Words with Friends, farmville, skateparks, open parks, xbox, psp, Wii, multiplex cinemas, swimming centres, theme parks, hobbies, reading, musical instruments, voluntary work, homework, gardening, ATC, cycling, running, walking...

Nothing to do? My fucking arse.

Il Pirata

There was a van set alight by Quinton Pool here in Cheylesmore last night, think it was the only incident of note in the city. Some lad threw a petrol bomb and has been arrested now.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
hope it stays quiet too ! - so far there doesnt seem too much apetite for it in Coventry ........... are they all City fans ?

skyblueprincess

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2024375/UK-RIOTS-2011-3-Asian-men-killed-hit-run-attack-protected-Birmingham.html 3 men killed in hit and run

skyblueprincess

Your profile says that you are 30, so you grew up when most of these measures were being implemented/already implemented. And considering the tone of your posts, I assume that you consider yourself to be an upstanding citizen.

So...why is it that people like you can turn out okay in such an environment, yet others don't? What's the difference-maker?

My up bringing was hard , in fact i would go as far to say i was not brought up i was dragged up , My head teacher at school was allowed to smack the back of my legs if needed , my parents were allowed to slap me if it was needed ....... My mother was always drinking , my dad worked all the hours god sent .....

I made the choice to move away , i made the choice not to drink everyday because of seeing what it did to my mother , I made the choice to live a different life ....I am far from upstanding , i have made mistakes along the way , But i know the difference between right and wrong,

Now im a mother , i bring my children up teaching them right and wrong, Yes times have been hard, there were days i didnt know where the next meal was coming from , or if i could afford to heat the house ... But you just have to get on .... I believe its choice , regardless of up bringing , backgrounds , race and all that blah blah blah , you are who you choose to be

Ernie Machin

"What is happening to our young people? They disrespect their elders, they disobey their parents. They ignore the law. They riot in the streets inflamed with wild notions. Their morals are decaying. What is to become of them?"
Plato, 4th Century BC

Rich

Princess/Vicky you seem to be an extremely grounded Person. You have interesting views and the mere fact that you have views of your own makes you interesting. Your views on topics such as this are normally well balanced, I'm sure your little un will grow up to be an outstanding citizen.

Now did anyone see that the plod were out and about in Radford last night, making sure the shops didn't get trashed? Times like these I'm glad to be from Beduff.

skyblueprincess

Princess/Vicky you seem to be an extremely grounded Person. You have interesting views and the mere fact that you have views of your own makes you interesting. Your views on topics such as this are normally well balanced, I'm sure your little un will grow up to be an outstanding citizen.

Now did anyone see that the plod were out and about in Radford last night, making sure the shops didn't get trashed? Times like these I'm glad to be from Beduff.

There was group causing trouble in tilehill also , No where near the scale of whats happing else where , but the police were there and delt with the situation in a good time and it was soon cleared up, We had a little walk round and the crowd soon spilt up and the trouble was over

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
think it is important to remember that the overwhelming majority of our youth had no part in this. If you look at the numbers involved then it is only in a reality a very small minority - who need to be dealt with firmly, made an example of if necessary.

My lad is 14 and was absolutely digusted by the behaviour, really didnt understand why or why these thugs were so hard done by that they needed to "protest" in such a way. Just criminals to him, as they are to most people.

Cant dress it up as anything other than mindless opportunistic criminality.

egastap

I see in today's UK e-papers that one of the 'criminals' who attacked the cops got 20 weeks in Her Majesty's Holiday Centre. What an insult.... and such a travesty to the peacekeepers involved...... and all the respectable tax-paying folks who will pay for his 'life of Reilly". What a joke the UK justice system is! When is someone in authority gonna grow some and deal with these moronic idiots properly?

ajsccfc

With those e-petitions announced by the government, one has been raised (and passed the 100000 signatures needed to be discussed in parliament) is the idea to remove/severely reduce any benefits for all those convicted related to the rioting, on the basis that the taxpayer shouldn't contribute to people who actively try to destroy their community.

I'm not into the whole mindless 'shoot them all!!!' reactions, but I could go for this.

Users who are viewing this thread