Match Thread Bury v Coventry Match Thread - Tuesday 28th Feb (1 Viewer)

Cov kid 55

The game sums the whole season up really. You can see why we are always a soft touch away from home.

The first half was just a surrender. We offered no goal threat at all. I think someone posted about thanking Mowbray for signing Kwame Thomas. God knows why. He was a gangly useless leader of the line.

The games at this level are physical. We just lacked that totally.

People can bitch about managers all they like. The truth is none of them addressed the key issue of goals and pace with purpose. With Mowbray and Venus people can delude themselves all they like but weak midfield and possession without threat lost games. Tonight we were again just physically outfought and lost.

None of the players emerged with any credit at all.

Just home from the game, live near Newcastle - upon - Tyne, so not a bad trip. Sat next to a girl who had caught a train down from Glasgow to support City - respect to her! I think it's wrong to say no players emerged with credit, in the first half we were well off the pace and conceded two poor goals (neither of which were Burge's fault). In the second half, although not consistent across the half, we played with purpose and intensity, and deserved at least a draw. You won't like to hear this Grendel, but Haynes playing forward on the left, was a constant problem to them, beating his man and putting in some good crosses. Slade, having seen the improvement in the second half, must surely start on Saturday with those players.

Some posters won't want to hear this, but the support for the team in the first half was very poor. There were a group of 'fans' at the back leading the chants who seemed to enjoy chanting against the team('we're the worst team in the league', 'we're s*** and we know we are', 'you're not fit to wear the shirt' etc etc - just a short selection. At half time, Burge went into the back of the net to collect his towel, and a number of 'fans' raced to the wall to hurl abuse at him - and he hadn't put a foot wrong! After half time, I noticed that the 'fans' at the back were no longer there, given up on City and gone to the pub, I expect. The whole atmosphere changed, and the support for the team was excellent. I know some of this can be explained by the improved performance, but the positivity of the fans surely helped? We had supportive songs and chants. At the end of the game, many fans went to the wall to applaud the team, recognising the effort put into the second half, and the fact that we were unlucky not to take anything from the game. The players came to the wall and saluted the fans who had stuck with them. I had a friend with me who is a Newcastle fan, and in the first half I was embarrassed, a bit by the performance, and by our poor support. At the end of the match, I was proud of the fans who stuck with the team, and at the effort the team put in. They are obviously limited as a team, the table doesn't lie, and we are going down, but they tried hard in that second half, and sometimes, that's all you can ask for.

It's 1.45 am - is anyone out there?? A peaceful night to everyone!

stevefloyd

Well having woken up that was a tough read again, I really do take my imaginary hat off to all that travel and spend hard earned money supporting the team.... I for one wouldnt do it especially because of the way we capitulate all the time... another depressing nail in the coffin which is all but firmly closed tight now

letsallsingtogether

The idiots on this forum are starting to realise that at least.
The team is shite no one could turn this around.
I for one liked Mowbray but come on this is mostly his team, this was his choice of players maybe not his first second or third choice but his choice never the less.
He knew we were weak in the goalkeeping and strikers positions, what did he do over the close season to rectify this?
Pick some random people of the beach in Spain.

skyblue1991

For sure mowbray would have kept us up, it would have still been a disappointing season but we wouldn't be nosediving into l2
I don't think so.

I've said before: he is a key reason why we are where we are this season.

I actually don't think SISU are to blame. They provide TM/MV with a more than adequate budget to finish mid table and above and then fucked it up.

Slade has come in and not made an impact.

All three are to blame this season.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Otis

I don't think so.

I've said before: he is a key reason why we are where we are this season.

I actually don't think SISU are to blame. They provide TM/MV with a more than adequate budget to finish mid table and above and then fucked it up.

Slade has come in and not made an impact.

All three are to blame this season.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Yep, clear as day.

Failure across the board.

covcity4life

2 managers had us 1 or few pts from safety

3rd manager has us 14pts from safety

Says it all. Stop saying this would have happened without slade.

covcity4life

Its your secret lover that fucked us up initially... now get fuckin over it

i will say it again

you and otis dont have a clue about football.

Monners

I am not denying anything. Mowbray's record was terrible - that's why he left. I still think we would have gone down with him in charge. I don't think that it wold have been entirely his fault though. Of we will never know, and nobody can change the past - that's why it really is time to let it go mate

covcity4life

I am not denying anything. Mowbray's record was terrible - that's why he left. I still think we would have gone down with him in charge. I don't think that it wold have been entirely his fault though. Of we will never know, and nobody can change the past - that's why it really is time to let it go mate

let what go? i think tm would have kept us up, so does hill and alot of other posters. BUT thats nothing to do with my post.

my point is slade has made us worse. this is a fact. so why would anyone respond to that point with "err you love mowbray!!!!" unless they have an agenda or just dumb?

Monners

Without also wishing to sound like a hyperactive, pubescent teenager, I didn't say you loved Mowbray - I happened to think he would have done better, but we would in all likelihood would still go down. I also know for a fact that he painted an extremely grim picture of the clubs prospects in terms of budget, academy etc..(he spoke at a supporters club meeting).

Hill was taking the piss by the way - he always does

covcity4life

Without also wishing to sound like a hyperactive, pubescent teenager, I didn't say you loved Mowbray - I happened to think he would have done better, but we would in all likelihood would still go down. I also know for a fact that he painted an extremely grim picture of the clubs prospects in terms of budget, academy etc..(he spoke at a supporters club meeting).

Hill was taking the piss by the way - he always does

i didnt mean you, i meant the floyd guy

and i actually think hill was genuine about tm. but he will have to clarify that one

but relegation or not surerly no one can say they think we would be 14pts adrift with him. slade is terrible and needs to go

even his biggest fan is avoiding the forum because he cant twist it anymore.

coop

I do believe that Haynes should be a winger no good as a defender but is decent running forward with the ball.

Grendel

i will say it again

We had 6 points when Mowbray left - at his average points we'd end up with 30 points at the end of the season.

covcity4life

We had 6 points when Mowbray left - at his average points we'd end up with 30 points at the end of the season.

so assuming we believe that we would go a season drawing 6 out of 10 all season long we would STILL be on course for a better season than we have now. after all who is to say slade will pick up another 5 pts this season? also hes using mowbray and venus points in that tally lol

a damning stat for slade.

Last edited:

stevefloyd

i will say it again

I am not sticking up for slade or anyone but take your *fricking* love blinkers off you love struck *Pregnant Fish*

*Edited to remove swearing by Moderator*

Last edited by a moderator:

SlowerThanPlatt

Terrible defending. Fair play to George Thomas though giving the defence a piece of his mind for both goals, seems to be one of few who care

Otis

He's supposed to be a tough tackling, no nonsense, old fashioned centre half, but that is now two in two games where he has put woeful powderpuff tackles in.

His heart not in it?

covcity4life

He's supposed to be a tough tackling, no nonsense, old fashioned centre half, but that is now two in two games where he has put woeful powderpuff tackles in.

His heart not in it?

just what we need you said? strengthed our defence you said?

Otis

just what we need you said? strengthed our defence you said?
Of course.

Had never seen him play though. Don't think hardly any of us had.

Purely based on his career and what managers and coaches were saying about him when we signed him. Lots of plaudits for the guy.

On paper he sounded perfect.

The reality has proved to be something entirely different however.

Users who are viewing this thread