Match Thread Bury v Coventry Match Thread - Tuesday 28th Feb (1 Viewer)

Monners

200w.gif

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Both their goals were absolutely shocking from a defensive point of view. Really week and Sunday league standard.

Haynes seems to have more end product than Jones, which is quite shocking when you think about it. I'd actually play him left mid next game (Haynes).

Oh, and for the record I don't think Mowbray would have kept us up if he was still here.

covcity4life

Both their goals were absolutely shocking from a defensive point of view. Really week and Sunday league standard.

Haynes seems to have more end product than Jones, which is quite shocking when you think about it. I'd actually play him left mid next game (Haynes).

Oh, and for the record I don't think Mowbray would have kept us up if he was still here.

you also dont rate jacob murphy and support donald trump....
giphy.gif

steve82

2 managers had us 1 or few pts from safety

3rd manager has us 14pts from safety

Says it all. Stop saying this would have happened without slade.

This would have happened without Slade

It's been on the cards all season. TM squad was weak and poor from day one, MV rode a initial wave then fucked it right up, slades came on had a initial response and it's faded away quickly.
I think the best way to sum up the players this season is the further the shit travels the more sloppy the shit becomes. RS has picked this side up in a poor situation and tried to work with it and paid the price and carries the can.
Any manager you can think of would make nothing with it.
There inevitably will be a upturn in results soon as relegation is all but done, these soft players have nothing to fear now so freak results will come.

Otis

It's been on the cards all season. TM squad was weak and poor from day one, MV rode a initial wave then fucked it right up, slades came on had a initial response and it's faded away quickly.
I think the best way to sum up the players this season is the further the shit travels the more sloppy the shit becomes. RS has picked this side up in a poor situation and tried to work with it and paid the price and carries the can.
There inevitably will be a upturn in results soon as relegation is all but done, these soft players have nothing to fear now so freak results will come.
Is this the same shit the chef has done in the pan?

covcity4life

gone back to making excuses i see

1pt diff after venus
14pt diff after slade

i disagree that no manager could save us but lets say thats true,. you cant sit there and say no manager couldnt do better than 14pts adrift.

so my point still stands. terrible manager. bringing up tm to every post i make doesnt change the fact slades shit.

lifeskyblue

My head had given up on our chances 6wks ago. My heart gave up after Swindon.
What I never expected was the lack of effort, lack of spirit and lack of fight. We must be the easiest team to roll over in living memory. I honestly thought that even if we were relegated we would scrap till the last. What we have is a team that with over a quarter of a season to play for gave up and couldn't be ars*d. We have a manager that appears to have no tactical ability and cannot inspire his players. I honestly thought that from the semi to the final we would build a reasonable run of results together and give a good account of ourselves. Now I fear an embarrassing drubbing.

PUSB

steve82

gone back to making excuses i see

1pt diff after venus
14pt diff after slade

i disagree that no manager could save us but lets say thats true,. you cant sit there and say no manager couldnt do better than 14pts adrift.

so my point still stands. terrible manager. bringing up tm to every post i make doesnt change the fact slades shit.

RS has failed, yes no excuses. Other teams were not picking up points tho when MV was on his bad run.
Look at them side who've gone on to have runs.
Oldham, 3rd best defence in the league, one of the best keepers in the league.
Bury have a striker who will score 20+ and now a top experienced keeper. Swindon clearly have top strikers... look at the factors not the points. We gave away our points that we're in the bad and others too.

SlowerThanPlatt

See Bury's 16 y/o midfielder Callum Styles got MOTM last night!

Think George Thomas was the last player to play for us at 16 under Pressley

lifeskyblue

I agree his recruitment last January was desperate and this summer poor...I think the latter was due to him looking at players who could reasonably go to s championship club. But his football style, his tactics and his motivation of young payers was good. Even though we started this season poorly we were playing far better than we are now. Slade's tenure has seen a deterioration in style, a deterioration in results (his points per game far worse than Thorn) and despite recruiting a number of his 'own' players we are constantly playing players out of position in formations no fan can understand.

PUSB

covcity4life

I agree his recruitment last January was desperate and this summer poor...I think the latter was due to him looking at players who could reasonably go to s championship club. But his football style, his tactics and his motivation of young payers was good. Even though we started this season poorly we were playing far better than we are now. Slade's tenure has seen a deterioration in style, a deterioration in results (his points per game far worse than Thorn) and despite recruiting a number of his 'own' players we are constantly playing players out of position in formations no fan can understand.

PUSB

please read this @steve82

steve82

PUSB

please read this @steve82

Yes sir......
I pretty much agree with everything put....TM is a championship manager minimum, but his lack off league one knowledge and appreciation of the level was part of his undoing. Agree?
But one thing I still fail to understand is how a man of 15 years experience, a man who's famously motivated players at clubs at low levels in similar circumstances has actually taken us backwards which we have. How can this be?
Partly points towards the players not doing there part too, right?
Who would you actually take from this current squad and put in your starting 11 in august?

covcity4life

you dont understand that slades shit tacticas have extend our pts from safety margin by 13?

all you will say is its the players fault so dont throw out this "partly" stuff now. its getting old steve, thought you had finally seen sense this morning. clearly not. but hey i guess like slade you think its not about tactics lol

rcc
turnbull
stokes
bigi
stevenson
jones
g thomas
reid
beavon

lifeskyblue

Yes sir......
I pretty much agree with everything put....TM is a championship manager minimum, but his lack off league one knowledge and appreciation of the level was part of his undoing. Agree?
But one thing I still fail to understand is how a man of 15 years experience, a man who's famously motivated players at clubs at low levels in similar circumstances has actually taken us backwards which we have. How can this be?
Partly points towards the players not doing there part too, right?
Who would you actually take from this current squad and put in your starting 11 in august?

Agree with all of this
Turnbull, Willis, Bigi, Stevenson, jones, beavon and the two Thomas's. Not a lot more. And I think GThomas and jones need to be nurtured (i.e. Squad members rather than permanent fixtures)
Edit
Forgot stokes...haven't seen him this season

PUSB

covcity4life

Agree with all of this
Turnbull, Willis, Bigi, Stevenson, jones, beavon and the two Thomas's. Not a lot more. And I think GThomas and jones need to be nurtured (i.e. Squad members rather than permanent fixtures)

PUSB

we have similar lists

the squad is poor. but no way is it 14pts adrift poor. thats all on slade

lifeskyblue

we have similar lists

the squad is poor. but no way is it 14pts adrift poor. thats all on slade

Funny thing is you look at those players and seriously think they are mid table L1 not relegation fodder. With the exception tho of stokes and possibly beavon they are not fighters and that is where we have missed out this season. I think Willis and turnbull and harries (sorry forgot him too) make reasonable defenders but haven't got or haven't yet got that hard win at all costs mentality.

PUSB

covcity4life

Funny thing is you look at those players and seriously think they are mid table L1 not relegation fodder. With the exception tho of stokes and possibly beavon they are not fighters and that is where we have missed out this season. I think Willis and turnbull and harries (sorry forgot him too) make reasonable defenders but haven't got or haven't yet got that hard win at all costs mentality.

PUSB

oh we are missing many things

but hoofball wasnt the answer. and i dont wanna see us waste a summer buying players for hoofball either

steve82

you dont understand that slades shit tacticas have extend our pts from safety margin by 13?

all you will say is its the players fault so dont throw out this "partly" stuff now. its getting old steve, thought you had finally seen sense this morning. clearly not. but hey i guess like slade you think its not about tactics lol

rcc
turnbull
stokes
bigi
stevenson
jones
g thomas
reid
beavon

Agree with all of this

PUSB

Yes tactics have been issues in some games, 100% last night for sure team selection and formation was wrong from the off.
The shit tactics tho didn't lose us the points against Peterborough, that was Burge not claiming from Willis head 5 yards from his line.
The points v Bolton when Lameries and Reilly stopped in there tracks, was not the tactics stopping us getting anything from Oldham, Fleetwood. That's the players... the squad frailties. That's not excuses that's facts.
Plus the fact I've highlighted why bury and Oldham have pulled points away from us. It's happened to Chesterfield who have done the same with a poor squad too. That's your points there and the fact the players didn't perform in key 6 pointers, lose them teams gain ground on you.
Yes the managers not done his bit but you have to look at the players too!
I only have Stuart Beavon in my starting 11 for August out of the players contracted to this club.
RCC, DKE, Haynes, G Thomas, K Thomas and JJ are squad players.
Willis, Harries Stevenson will be sold.
I'd also sell/off load Turnbull and Reid
The rest id release or they will leave anyway

steve82

oh we are missing many things

but hoofball wasnt the answer. and i dont wanna see us waste a summer buying players for hoofball either

You won't be watching ccfc next year then... league two is full of it and players who graft and fight. That's what you need as a minimum

covcity4life

you cant go into being unlucky. when you concede so many last games it stops being unluckly and becomes poor game management

also if wanna talka bout players making mistakes then you have to look at early games too and if g thomas had scored that 1 on 1 vs swindon in august we might be top right now etc

bottom line is i agree players have to take some blame. but slade takes the majority. imo this same squad with different manager would not be 14pts adrift. also you say how shit squad is in august. well slade moved some on and brought some in and look at the run since. maybe had agyei stayed we would not be bottom.

get him out asap and lets try something else

its obviousl you like hoofball and think its a real mans game etc. but its not the only way to play in league 2. determination however i agree is something we need in spades

lifeskyblue

Whilst we might not all agree on the percentage of responsibility for the shambles of this season perhaps we can all agree that the following take some proportion of the blame.
Manager(s)
Players
Chairman
Owners...and their sub companies.

PUSB

covcity4life

Whilst we might not all agree on the percentage of responsibility for the shambles of this season perhaps we can all agree that the following take some proportion of the blame.
Manager(s)
Players
Chairman
Owners...and their sub companies.

PUSB

yes agreed

steve82

you cant go into being unlucky. when you concede so many last games it stops being unluckly and becomes poor game management

also if wanna talka bout players making mistakes then you have to look at early games too and if g thomas had scored that 1 on 1 vs swindon in august we might be top right now etc

bottom line is i agree players have to take some blame. but slade takes the majority. imo this same squad with different manager would not be 14pts adrift. also you say how shit squad is in august. well slade moved some on and brought some in and look at the run since. maybe had agyei stayed we would not be bottom.

get him out asap and lets try something else

its obviousl you like hoofball and think its a real mans game etc. but its not the only way to play in league 2. determination however i agree is something we need in spades

You seen many games or highlights in league two?
What Type of football i favour is irrelevant, I'm not in charge. I enjoyed last seasons football, some good stuff. Maybe if we didn't lose form or so many games and not fell apart as much as this year we'd be only be looking at dropping to league one? What about those missing points? Slightly more that the 14 points you quote this year...

Game management you say? I call it unlucky in them games... I think Karl Robinsons interview at Charlton is very fitting to where we are currently, players need to be accountable and look at themselves yet the manager falls by them very individuals

Users who are viewing this thread