Match Thread Bury v Coventry Match Thread - Tuesday 28th Feb (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

who are you to talk about what works mate? you said slade would be the messiah in league 1. what makes you think you know what works in league 2?

lifeskyblue has summed it all up.not much else to say

Otis

You seen many games or highlights in league two?
What Type of football i favour is irrelevant, I'm not in charge. I enjoyed last seasons football, some good stuff. Maybe if we didn't lose form or so many games and not fell apart as much as this year we'd be only be looking at dropping to league one? What about those missing points? Slightly more that the 14 points you quote this year...

Game management you say? I call it unlucky in them games... I think Karl Robinsons interview at Charlton is very fitting to where we are currently, players need to be accountable and look at themselves.
The 14 points is shocking.

Last season we had a similar thing. We were 11 points clear of 7th place in January, but by the end of the season we were 5 points behind 6th place.

That was a 16 point turnaround.

Next season we need a good season and need it badly otherwise the fanbase will be eroded further and we will slide away deeper into mediocrity.

Gazolba

Whilst we might not all agree on the percentage of responsibility for the shambles of this season perhaps we can all agree that the following take some proportion of the blame.
Manager(s)
Players
Chairman
Owners...and their sub companies.
<snip>
And don't forget the 'fans' who threw things on the pitch just as they were to take a corner - from which they scored.

Gazolba

<snip> we will slide away deeper into mediocrity.
Poor choice of words, 'mediocrity' means the middle; we are way below that already.

lifeskyblue

And don't forget the 'fans' who threw things on the pitch just as they were to take a corner - from which they scored.

I consciously left long suffering, whistle-blowing, tennis ball throwing, pitch invading, flare throwing fans out of it. Whilst perhaps not always helping the situation they can on no way be held responsible for us languishing adrift in a very average league. In fact those same long suffering fans deserve a better team and a better club. I'm surprised so many of us still go up to watch.

PUSB

steve82

who are you to talk about what works mate? you said slade would be the messiah in league 1. what makes you think you know what works in league 2?

lifeskyblue has summed it all up.not much else to say

Yes he has... made some good points too. I noticed you ducked the question on points dropped last season tho...
And no your right, who am I? I've not got a A or B license... seems to work for most teams in this league or league two tho.
So I ask you.... who are you to cast judgement, with shiny new season ticket to say what's good and bad?
Most of ours are scratched and battered from 16 match days already this sorry season that yes has got far worse under RS stewardship.
So like I point out, Karl Robinson has made good points in his interview about managers being judged on previous regimes.

covcity4life

No ducking. Its an idiotic point imo tho

Buulding pts before a bad streak is more acceptable than just have a bad streak ALL THE TIME

lifeskyblue

Yes he has... made some good points too. I noticed you ducked the question on points dropped last season tho...
And no your right, who am I? I've not got a A or B license... seems to work for most teams in this league or league two tho.
So I ask you.... who are you to cast judgement, with shiny new season ticket to say what's good and bad?
Most of ours are scratched and battered from 16 match days already this sorry season that yes has got far worse under RS stewardship.
So like I point out, Karl Robinson has made good points in his interview about managers being judged on previous regimes.

I wonder if Robinson would have given the same interview this morning. He was clearly angry and frustrated last night. I think his points about previous regimes was well made and I wonder what slade made of it...was it aimed largely at him? And the points about player responsibility. Personally I think he went too far there: our young players will make mistakes and silly avoidable errors. Where he is right is in game management and following through the plays worked on throughout the week i.e. From corners, set ups at free kicks etc. And of course he is 100% right about players who don't give their all. A player might not be good enough but must always do their best and understand the privileged position they are in. Every fan of every team would give anything to pull on the shirt of their club...players must realise that.

PUSB

steve82

No ducking. Its an idiotic point imo tho

Buulding pts before a bad streak is more acceptable than just have a bad streak ALL THE TIME

Comical.... so this seasons point loss under RS is under scrutiny but the epic promotion push is not? Cannot move the goal posts.
As as you so nearly say building points is more easier before a bad steak, very harder after tho ain't it. Shame we only got 10 in the first 10 acceptable games.

steve82

I wonder if Robinson would have given the same interview this morning. He was clearly angry and frustrated last night. I think his points about previous regimes was well made and I wonder what slade made of it...was it aimed largely at him? And the points about player responsibility. Personally I think he went too far there: our young players will make mistakes and silly avoidable errors. Where he is right is in game management and following through the plays worked on throughout the week i.e. From corners, set ups at free kicks etc. And of course he is 100% right about players who don't give their all. A player might not be good enough but must always do their best and understand the privileged position they are in. Every fan of every team would give anything to pull on the shirt of their club...players must realise that.

PUSB

I'm sure today he'd say a few things differently, he needs this players for a few more weeks yet. MV found it didn't work.

Cov kid 55

My head had given up on our chances 6wks ago. My heart gave up after Swindon.
What I never expected was the lack of effort, lack of spirit and lack of fight. We must be the easiest team to roll over in living memory. I honestly thought that even if we were relegated we would scrap till the last. What we have is a team that with over a quarter of a season to play for gave up and couldn't be ars*d. We have a manager that appears to have no tactical ability and cannot inspire his players. I honestly thought that from the semi to the final we would build a reasonable run of results together and give a good account of ourselves. Now I fear an embarrassing drubbing.

PUSB
You know, they didn't roll over last night. Two very poor goals given away in the first half, what followed in the second half was the team rolling it's collective sleeves up, and backed by the fans, having a real go at Bury. We were very unlucky not to get at least a point (thanks Joe Murphy!) At the end, when the players came right up to the fans who were applauding them, the look on their faces told you that they very much could be arsed, and were totally sick at losing. There are many posters on here who seem to think the players don't care - it just isn't true, and last night the team and the fans, in the second half, were together.

coop

It's all down to lack of leadership at tactics form the top to the bottom we have no defensive midfielder playing in front of the defence. The last few weeks teams have been able to run right through the middle.

lifeskyblue

You know, they didn't roll over last night. Two very poor goals given away in the first half, what followed in the second half was the team rolling it's collective sleeves up, and backed by the fans, having a real go at Bury. We were very unlucky not to get at least a point (thanks Joe Murphy!) At the end, when the players came right up to the fans who were applauding them, the look on their faces told you that they very much could be arsed, and were totally sick at losing. There are many posters on here who seem to think the players don't care - it just isn't true, and last night the team and the fans, in the second half, were together.

Thanks for that covkid55. I wasn't at bury but I'm glad the team fought as I feel at home it has been missing. I was referring to the Swindon game where we really didn't show anything. No passion, no fight and no will to get back in the game once we went behind. If the team had shown more effort throughout the season then we might not be rooted to the bottom

PUSB

Cov kid 55

Thanks for that covkid55. I wasn't at bury but I'm glad the team fought as I feel at home it has been missing. I was referring to the Swindon game where we really didn't show anything. No passion, no fight and no will to get back in the game once we went behind. If the team had shown more effort throughout the season then we might not be rooted to the bottom

PUSB
I wasn't at the Swindon game, so I guess it just shows our inconsistency. Last night, we got the goal early enough to give the team hope, which was different to the Swindon game.

lifeskyblue

V Swindon we were ok till they scored then seemed to capitulate.
I do think we lack leadership on the pitch to get players going. We often seen yo let our heads drop.
From what you say about last night we need more performances like that but with better end results.

PUSB

covcity4life

Comical.... so this seasons point loss under RS is under scrutiny but the epic promotion push is not? Cannot move the goal posts.
As as you so nearly say building points is more easier before a bad steak, very harder after tho ain't it. Shame we only got 10 in the first 10 acceptable games.

How stupid are you? You obsessed with letting slsd eof hook

What has last year got tomdo with this? Maybe we should.blame that season we didnt win away in prem on our current position?

Everytime i mention our current situation you want to talk about mowbray.

Hes gone. Why dont you talk about our current manager. Mowbray showed he can get pts as well as bad runs. Slade only shown us bad run. Failure.time to go

steve82

How stupid are you? You obsessed with letting slsd eof hook

What has last year got tomdo with this? Maybe we should.blame that season we didnt win away in prem on our current position?

Everytime i mention our current situation you want to talk about mowbray.

Hes gone. Why dont you talk about our current manager. Mowbray showed he can get pts as well as bad runs. Slade only shown us bad run. Failure.time to go

Ha ha ha ha, stop ranting and talk/write English! Ha ha keep ducking....
I'll give you a fair reasoned answer for every Mowbray defence you give.... now tell me more about them points we lost and promotion wheels that came off with a side flying.... and I'll tell you why we're 14 points adrift champ!
Slade has like you and we all say has only shown a bad run at arguably the worst time in the clubs history with arguably the worst side too, and got the same points as TM. Even managed a win!

covcity4life

Once again your post is just mowbray mowbray mowbray. Obsessed!

When slades gone i wont be talking about him thays for sure

Why would i gove you mowbray releated arguments for you to reason with???? The original.pt is slade has taken us 14pts adrift with a pathetic run from day 1. Its a fact. If it was players fault we wuda been many pts adrift before he joined at halfway point in season

Now try a reply without mentioning mowbray

steve82

Once again your post is just mowbray mowbray mowbray. Obsessed!

When slades gone i wont be talking about him thays for sure

Why would i gove you mowbray releated arguments for you to reason with???? The original.pt is slade has taken us 14pts adrift with a pathetic run from day 1. Its a fact. If it was players fault we wuda been many pts adrift before he joined at halfway point in season

Now try a reply without mentioning mowbray

The manager from march 2015 to 29th September 2016 you bring up every time ha ha ha!!! The squad is more fragile and damaged yet he still got the same points total as the gaffer before MV. Yes the wheels have come off as others picked up points around us and pressure mounted on them fragile players gaining points.
Didn't mention him....

Otis

The manager from march 2015 to 29th September 2016 you bring up every time ha ha ha!!! The squad is more fragile and damaged yet he still got the same points total as the gaffer before MV. Yes the wheels have come off as others picked up points around us and pressure mounted on them fragile players gaining points.
Didn't mention him....
Didn't mention who?

covcity4life

Didn't mention him....

The squad is more fragile thab sunmer? Thats down tonslade then. Shuda just kept it as it was.

Once again all roads lead to slade.

steve82

The squad is more fragile thab sunmer? Thats down tonslade then. Shuda just kept it as it was.

Once again all roads lead to slade.

You really are a top football nut ain't you....
im talking personal mental strength... remember MV tearing them apart after Southend? You must of forgot about Charlton away, Oxford away, Cambridge too, that was the same squad that went in the little run under MV before confidence fell out there arses and our luck failed to change under RS.

covcity4life

You really are a top football nut ain't you....
im talking personal mental strength... remember MV tearing them apart after Southend? You must of forgot about Charlton away, Oxford away, Cambridge too, that was the same squad that went in the little run under MV before confidence fell out there arses and our luck failed to change under RS.

Good managers sort that out. Thats why so many relegation fighting teams change managers in second half od season.

Slade failed.

steve82

Good managers sort that out. Thats why so many relegation fighting teams change managers in second half od season.

Slade failed.

Were on our 3rd manager because of the damage the 2nd one did beacause the 1st one under equipped it for a thought season in a physical mans league.
Average players can perform together, but Damaged average players cannot be fixed to play as a team by any manager now matter how good they are.

steve82

The thing is to now look ahead to not make the same recruitment mistakes again going into league two.

covcity4life

Venus got a bounce. Then we kept hom too long

Now slade no bounce and we keeping him too long

Agree reruitment needs looking at asap

stevefloyd

Imagine if one of our generals in the war was losing every battle then done the honourable thing and walked away... he would be called a coward not worshipped by some half witted rambling nutcase

Users who are viewing this thread