Butts Park Arena (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

In that case CCFC should stop all the nonsense about being formed in 1883 as they weren't professional for their first 9 years or so.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

The Club turned professional, not nearly the same. Wasps FC set up a separate professional team, Wasps RFC while maintaining the amateur club Wasps FC and they both went their separate ways not long after. Good try though. No pun intended.

stupot07

The Club turned professional, not nearly the same. Wasps FC set up a separate professional team, Wasps RFC while maintaining the amateur club Wasps FC and they both went their separate ways not long after. Good try though. No pun intended.
Wasps don't seem to think so...
membership-now-available-1-.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

skybluetony176

That would be no different to MK Dons claiming that they have a 120year history. They clearly don't.

Last edited by a moderator:

chiefdave

First pro season was 96/97 with the top division made up of: Bath, Bristol, Gloucester, Harlequins, Leicester, London Irish, Northampton, Orrell, Sale, Saracens, Wasps, West Hartlepool

Final amateur season was 95/96 with the top division made up of: Bath, Bristol, Gloucester, Harlequins, Leicester, Orrell, Sale, Saracens, Wasps, West Hartlepool
London Irish and Northampton were the top 2 clubs in the second tier that season.

Are people really trying to claim that they aren't the same clubs?

fernandopartridge

First pro season was 96/97 with the top division made up of: Bath, Bristol, Gloucester, Harlequins, Leicester, London Irish, Northampton, Orrell, Sale, Saracens, Wasps, West Hartlepool

Final amateur season was 95/96 with the top division made up of: Bath, Bristol, Gloucester, Harlequins, Leicester, Orrell, Sale, Saracens, Wasps, West Hartlepool
London Irish and Northampton were the top 2 clubs in the second tier that season.

Are people really trying to claim that they aren't the same clubs?
Yes, this is Toni you're dealing with

martcov

Some in the media have.

The rugby club I used to sponsor for 16 years - before they forgot about points in our sponsorship contract- often refer to them as Coventry Wasps and have been invited to see them in action as part of their visit to Coventry to play CRFC in a friendly. The friendly is part of the 70 years City friendship Coventry/ Kiel.

Moff

I don't disagree with any of that. It was the notion that the professional team of Wasps (Wasps RFC) somehow have a 150 year history, they don't. It was set up by the amateur team (Wasps FC) 30 years ago and split from the amateur team when they moved to Loftus Road in the mid 90's just 1 year after being formed leaving Wasps FC as an amateur only club at there original location where they still play today with their 150 year history as a separate entity.

I don't know any Rugby fan that sees their professional team as a different one to when they were amateur, they are still the same.

I know a guy who played for Gloucester, and rightly proud of that fact. He was an amateur and does not consider the Professional Club to be a new one, or any different. They are one and the same with their long proud history.

I know Saints fans and Tigers fans who regard the professional team as the same team they supported in the amateur era, not from the day they turned professional, and its the same for Wasps.

Last edited:

Fergusons_Beard

Wasps are not nomadic. I'm sorry but this is a deliberately lazy form of expression that people use to justify hypocrisy. It's almost as though people don't know what nomads are. Wasps were based in London from their origins (which they notably haven't disclaimed) 150 years ago. Their fan base hailed from London and it's surrounds, and they remained in London in terms of their academy until very recently. Again, nomads by definition move from place to place aimlessly - until the Ricoh became available Wasps always looked to remain in or near London. Even Wasps owner when he bought the club said it; "Wasps are a London club." - why on earth would they call themselves 'London Wasps' if that also wasn't their intention at the time.

Wycombe to London is patently not Coventry to London unless you're an idiot or you're dancing on the head of a pin to avoid admitting an inconvenient truth. If moving to QPR and then Wycombe made Wasps nomadic, then what did moving from HR to the Ricoh and then to Northampton and back to the Ricoh make us? Nomadic is a crap argument, and it simply doesn't stand up to scrutiny I'm afraid.

Wasps moved from London to Coventry for business reasons that suited their owner at the time, in this case a very cheap deal on a stadium. If our owners, for business reasons that suit them at the time, decide to move us elsewhere then who here who accepts Wasps can complain? Either it's OK to move a club from its roots for the owner's business reasons, or it isn't.

Lol!

Wasps are NOT a London club NOW.

Wasps have moved their home stadium at leat 5 times therefore they can be classed as nomadic.

FACT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hobo

Timothy said he had investors didn't he for new stadium/BPA upgrade?

That could be CRFC planning to expand the stadium. It doesn't mean Fisher or SISU are bringing anything to the table.

duffer

Lol!

Wasps are NOT a London club NOW.

Wasps have moved their home stadium at leat 5 times therefore they can be classed as nomadic.

FACT
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL!

I hadn't realised that WASPS (previously known as LONDON WASPS) had moved to Coventry NOW. Thanks for putting me right.

Coventry City:
Five moves, five grounds. FIVE! So Coventry City are officially 'NOMADIC'. I know this because you told me it is a FACT.

Let me just confirm this by saying the following to HELP YOU and PROVE that I am entirely right. END OF.

(Phew, it's really hard writing in the style of an eight year-old, I think I'll take a breather now).

Edit: Apologies FB if I've missed the intended humour in your post. If so, fair play, you got me. :)

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

LOL!

I hadn't realised that WASPS (previously known as LONDON WASPS) had moved to Coventry NOW. Thanks for putting me right.

Coventry City:
Five moves, five grounds. FIVE! So Coventry City are officially 'NOMADIC'. I know this because you told me it is a FACT.

Let me just confirm this by saying the following to HELP YOU and PROVE that I am entirely right. END OF.

(Phew, it's really hard writing in the style of an eight year-old, I think I'll take a breather now).
I think FB was being facetious mate

shmmeee

Mrs Stupot07. Didn't realise at the time, was going to take it down but tony had already quoted it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Done well there son (I assume, having never met you. You could be an underwear model for all I know).

chiefdave

Just a thought on Butts Park. We're told by many its a non starter as it couldn't cope with more people than attend CRFC and the old folks will object to the noise.

So what happens when UB40 play there in a few weeks. Would imagine they are expecting a crowd as big as, if not larger, than we get and it should be a whole lot louder for longer. Doesn't seem to have been any problem putting that on.

martcov

Just a thought on Butts Park. We're told by many its a non starter as it couldn't cope with more people than attend CRFC and the old folks will object to the noise.

So what happens when UB40 play there in a few weeks. Would imagine they are expecting a crowd as big as, if not larger, than we get and it should be a whole lot louder for longer. Doesn't seem to have been any problem putting that on.

Take a drive round just before the gig and see what it's like. Good test.

clint van damme

a one of gig in the evening is different to early afternoon every other Saturday.
Would cause issues with access to Earlsdon High st and town so I don't think it would just be residents kicking off.

Nick

Administrator

The old people and noise is a myth, some of them bang out shit loads of noise themselves.

torchomatic

Not only that but UB40 are fucking dreadful.

skybluetony176

Looking on line it seems to be sold out. Can't find anywhere where it says how many tickets have been sold or were available though.

duffer

If that was the full allocation isn't that the current capacity at the BPA?

I'm guessing that they'll be using the pitch for the gig SBT, so it probably doesn't relate to the capacity at the ground for a game. Off the top of my head, I think that's claimed as around 4,000, but having been there this season when there was 2700 against Moseley I think that would be a pretty tight fit!

bawtryneal

Even if BPA is a potential go`er long term no way will it be ready for 2018/2019 season with planning issues, environmental studies, discussions with residents and building stands and infrastructure.
CCFC will have to inform the EFL by November/December this year of there concrete plans for the following season.
Over to you Mr Fisher, whats your real plan.

martcov

Even if BPA is a potential go`er long term no way will it be ready for 2018/2019 season with planning issues, environmental studies, discussions with residents and building stands and infrastructure.
CCFC will have to inform the EFL by November/December this year of there concrete plans for the following season.

Probably: Fxxk this for a game of skittles. I'm off to my business interests elsewhere. Joy, you'd better find a new CEO sharpish...

wingy

Nuneaton.

Users who are viewing this thread