Byng the mysterious - he tweets (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

The question would be, why you'd pick him as the middleman!

No idea but I can think of a couple of scenario's off the top of my head. 1) he is actually involved with someone in China and has persuaded them to put some money up or 2) Wasps have been looking for investment in the city (this has previously been reported but I can't remember if it was just rumour or any evidence was presented), someone is interested but is after more details and / or wants, at least initially, some anonymity so are going through Byng.

As I said total guesswork but there may be scenarios in which a middle man would come in to play. I think the best idea is to assume it's not true, then if it does turn out to have something to it we'll get a nice surprise rather than more disappointment.

As I mentioned last night it shouldn't be too hard for the press to get confirmation from CCC that everything has been paid, if that is confirmed then it would seem there is very little to get excited about here.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Come on Dave; anyone intent on significant investment such as this would appoint a Corporate Financier / Accountant / Solicitor to represent them; not someone who works out of a loft-conversion.

I'm not saying it's impossible; but it's highly, highly improbable. Like Grendel involving himself in a thread and not turning it - no matter how irrelevant - into an opportunity to raise Wasps/Higgs/CCC/Lucas

And I view this the other way around; it's setting people up for disappointment. What business-guru does his business with Twitter updates on his contractual progress?!!? It's exactly what the fans don't need right now - false or improbable hope

Last edited:

The Gentleman

No idea but I can think of a couple of scenario's off the top of my head. 1) he is actually involved with someone in China and has persuaded them to put some money up or 2) Wasps have been looking for investment in the city (this has previously been reported but I can't remember if it was just rumour or any evidence was presented), someone is interested but is after more details and / or wants, at least initially, some anonymity so are going through Byng.

As I said total guesswork but there may be scenarios in which a middle man would come in to play. I think the best idea is to assume it's not true, then if it does turn out to have something to it we'll get a nice surprise rather than more disappointment.

As I mentioned last night it shouldn't be too hard for the press to get confirmation from CCC that everything has been paid, if that is confirmed then it would seem there is very little to get excited about here.

Surely to god though you'd expect the middle man to be credible first. I mean we are talking about a man who gets struck off RICS and doesn't even seem to be able to run his own office/house by sending simple things.

Anyone can get involved with people from China, but multi-millionaires and even billionaires? I would imagine that he is the sort of person that Chinese business people stay away from.

NorthernWisdom

And I view this the other way around; it's setting people up for disappointment. What business-guru does his business with Twitter updates on his contractual progress?!!? It's exactly what the fans don't need right now - false or improbable hope

Indeed.

We need enough self respect not to fall behind people who so far have a track record of:

Being struck off;
Being unable to send an email.

Until he shows himself better than that, he goes in the 'mentalist' category.

John_Silletts_Nose

I would expect that finances for the purchase of ACL would be secured and CCC would have perfromed due diligence on any prospective purchaser.

We can assume that Byng has contacts in China, these people may have been involved in financing requests from a Wasps consortium and eventually contacted him as he is local.

He may be misinterpreting the reason for finance, it is possible that Wasps may be looking for finances to support the purchase (or lease) of land around the Ricoh Arena to enable expansion with hotels being built to increase the revenue into ACL.

I think its more likely that its nothing and just a rumour created to feed the story that the ACL-Wasps deal is questionable.

John_Silletts_Nose

Anyone can get involved with people from China, but multi-millionaires and even billionaires? I would imagine that he is the sort of person that Chinese business people stay away from.

I'm sure that some Chinese businesses welcome discussions with him, they would include The Jade Palace, The Golden Dragon, The Dragon Inn and a number of other takeaway businesses.

fernandopartridge

There are 5 current directorships attributed to Byng:

Michael Byng Quantity Surveyors Limited, net worth, £5.3K(trading address: 15 Queens Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV1 3DE) ACCOUNTS LATE
Mbpc Infrastructure Limited, net worth, £299 (tradingaddress: 15 Queens Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV1 3DE) ACCOUNTS LATE
Mbpc Railways Limited, net worth unreported (tradingaddress: 15 Queens Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV1 3DE)
Stonebridge Railway (2013) Limited, net worth unreported(trading address: 15 Queens Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV1 3DE)
Eden Mbpc Railway Limited, net worth unreported (trading address: 156 Eden Park Avenue, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 3JQ)

I can trace a net worth of circa. £5.5K. Please note – not millions, it’s £5.5K

Looking at Eden (the last listed), there’s a possible Chinese connection there, as a co-director is a Ms Sylvia Wang. Maybe the ‘mystery Chinese money connection’. Well; it seems to be a house:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...2!3m1!1s0x487601b1ba79cbc3:0x4321449411eec16c

There are a number of closed businesses, such as MichaelByng Project Control (China) Limited – which was dissolved on 20 May 2014, witha net worth of £1.3K. Ahem.

As stated. Christ The King....

Isn't Beckenham the town where Tim Fisher lives?

fernandopartridge

I would expect that finances for the purchase of ACL would be secured and CCC would have perfromed due diligence on any prospective purchaser.

We can assume that Byng has contacts in China, these people may have been involved in financing requests from a Wasps consortium and eventually contacted him as he is local.

He may be misinterpreting the reason for finance, it is possible that Wasps may be looking for finances to support the purchase (or lease) of land around the Ricoh Arena to enable expansion with hotels being built to increase the revenue into ACL.

I think its more likely that its nothing and just a rumour created to feed the story that the ACL-Wasps deal is questionable.

Indeed. It's not like the council would risk public money by not fully assessing the risk a company poses.

duffer

If he's acting as a middleman then his net worth is irrelevant isn’t it? I couldn't afford to buy CCFC but if I became best mates with a billionaire and persuaded him to fund a takeover of CCFC my net worth wouldn't increase but the takeover could still be funded couldn't it?

There's every chance there's nothing to this but if there is anything in it does it tie in with the rumours of a new ground at Bermuda Park, seem to recall Byng having an interest in the Nuckle line and isn't there a station being built at Bermuda?

It's a fair point about his net worth, but I'd also have thought that any multi-billionaire Chinese investors might be a bit nervous about his reputation too. Getting slung out of your professional charter isn't something that would make me entirely comfortable if I was looking for someone to act as negotiator/broker on my behalf.

And what's this stuff about Wasps and other potential purchasers? Why would they contact Byng and not the club direct. Is Byng purporting to act as a broker for Chinese interests trying to buy the club, or is he now claiming to be working on behalf of the club and talking to other parties.

It's all very odd - personally I wouldn't trust the chap I'm afraid.

LB87ccfc

Another long thread for someone not worth mentioning.

He talks out his arse nothing to get excited about here, just an attention seeker, mind you it seems to be having the desired affect on many.

letsallsingtogether

Another long thread for someone not worth mentioning.

He talks out his arse nothing to get excited about here, just an attention seeker, mind you it seems to be having the desired affect on many.

Obviously is that why you posted on here. :)

Noggin

Posted on here to advise that again Byng is attention seeking and 13 pages of drivel have bitten his bait, I never even bothered to read the comments on this thread or the ridicolous bullshit that he tweets.

If you had bothered to read the thread you'd realise almost no one has "bitten his bait" oh err mrs.

LB87ccfc

If you had bothered to read the thread you'd realise almost no one has "bitten his bait" oh err mrs.

13 page thread is not required then is it, we never manage 13 pages when a new signing is made, but yet everyone talks about a pile of shite on twitter. from bullshit byng

shy_tall_knight

13 page thread is not required then is it, we never manage 13 pages when a new signing is made, but yet everyone talks about a pile of shite on twitter. from bullshit byng

Most of our new signings aren't worth talking about unless they are reserve players for a conference team, we need more of these to help us get out of this league.

James Smith

We have two problems:

1. SISU
2. Wasps, chances are they will never sell to anyone. We. Are. Fucked.

All too true

Joy has no limits when we look to the sky.

dongonzalos

Is he not having a pop at SISU here
Saying they abused his trust.

He is having a go at wasps
He is having a go at SISU.

So he isn't a middleman for anyone

Users who are viewing this thread