CALL ME CYNICAL - but.... (1 Viewer)

I found it a bit surreal on Saturday after that diabolical performance against Doncaster when we were asked to stop behind while the Manager and squad carried out a lap of "appreciation" so that us fans could applaud our "heroes".

Here we were clapping away showing our appreciation of a record breaking season:

* relegation to the 3rd Division after 60 years
* lowest number of points in 10 years @ 40 + Southampton (previous lowest 50 in 02/03)
* lowest number of away wins in league by far with 1 + Southampton
* lowest number of away goals

I seem to recall Micky Adams finishing 8th in his first season with 63 points and got the sack the following season, in fact on recollection all AT's predecessors' had better managerial records.

AT must have pied piper qualities to have survived the worst season in living memory to take up the reins again next season...................you couldn't make it up !!!

PUSB

Last edited:

Otis

I heard it on the radio. The team and manager came out to applaud the fans.

I would not have applauded back. It should have been entirely one way.

guicey15

Basically it was all getting a bit messy, fans on the pitch after 2nd goal and final whistle. It provided some excellent entertainment. Everyone just sort of stayed and chanting sisu out songs and the sky blue song. After about 20 minutes the players decided to do a lap of 'honour'

BackRoomRummermill

AT in my opinion the biggest waste of time going (been saying since October)

no worries Andy , you getting a decent wage .......... Hayes and Yeading await mate

Users who are viewing this thread