Callum wilson (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

So the lad scored against west brom last night to secure a bournmouth win , has 11 goals so far this season and is obviously just a talented lad in general .
TalkSport stating this morning that Tottenham are watching wilson very closely which leads me to my point . Could callum wilson be in the england squad come 2017 as i think the euros is a miss for him .
personally would have a callum wilson over a rickie lambert all day long .
as he is progressing at a faster rate than we anticipated , it was also very silly of our supporters to expect us to Have kept hold of him , my only gripe is maybe we could have got a mill more
Thoughts on wilson and maybe an england future

Last edited:

CCFC_Charlie

£3m is still a very good price for him in my opinion considering that we're a League One club and that he'd only ever played one full season. In hindsight it looks like Bournemouth got a good deal but at the time it was definitely fair. There is also no way we would have kept hold of him, he's too good for League One and honestly staying here would have only hampered his progress.

Evo1883

£3m is still a very good price for him in my opinion considering that we're a League One club and that he'd only ever played one full season. In hindsight it looks like Bournemouth got a good deal but at the time it was definitely fair. There is also no way we would have kept hold of him, he's too good for League One and honestly staying here would have only hampered his progress.
Do you think there is a chance that he could feature for england atsome point in his career

Otis

Wonder if there's a clause in his contract that should he play for England we will get a large payment.

Or do you think our owners may not have possibly considered that at all?

Evo1883

Wonder if there's a clause in his contract that should he play for England we will get a large payment.

Or do you think our owners may not have possibly considered that at all?
They will just take somebody to court over it i would imagine

Covstu

You can only hope there is a futher % selling on clause as he could be worth £7m+ if he keeps this up (baring in mind how much Fulham paid for their striker!). There was no doubt when watching him in sky blue that his pace scared defenders, has a great shot on him and gets into the box at the right time consistently. I beleive spurs are looking at JRod which a swap for Kane with Southampton which is a massive risk given his injuries. This could be a minimal risk signing for most premier league clubs given todays markets.

As for England, he is of a similar mould to Sturridge and Welbeck but it would be good to think he could make an appearance at some point. He would be clearly down the pecking order but i think he could do a job and with the right club (maybe a Southampton/West Ham/Swansea) he could make a name for himself.

I think £3M was a fair price given that he had one very good season but he has proved himself that he can make that step up so lets hope we have the clauses to reap some more rewards.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Do you think there is a chance that he could feature for england atsome point in his career

Hey, if Carlton Palmer, Anthony Gardener, Geoff Thomas, Michael Ricketts, Alan Thompson, Zat Knight, Gavin McCann etc. can all get capped.....

Terry Gibson's perm

I thought at the time it was a good deal for Wilson but then Peterboro sold Assombalonga for more than twice as much and now Wilson is scoring in the championship. I would imagine that we have not negotiated as that is long term thinking they probably said 25 % sell on clause or 50p more on the deal now. Another failure by Waggott in my eyes selling him to cheaply!

SkyBlue_Bear83

In hindsight Wilson is a steal for 3 million and I doubt we even got 3 million in total, probably knocked off 500-750k for the crap loans they gave to us and probably dependent on add ons. He's on a similar level to Assombalonga who went for 8 million, looking back I reckon we should have holded out for around the 5 million mark.

Lets hope we have a big sell on clause, strikers in the championship go for big money these days, it's unlikely but isn't beyond the realms of possibility he could go for 10 million to a premier league club in a season or two.

Users who are viewing this thread