Match Thread Cambridge v Coventry Match Thread - Sunday 4th Dec (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Cambridge v Coventry match, tactics and predictions :)

covcity4life

gotta win just to keep fans from total depression. also 3rd round draw is always nice to watch when your team is in it.

0-1 win sordell

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Mentioned it on the other thread, but can see us losing this. We'll play a full strength team as well, which is even worse...

Agyei and Wright no where near the first team, and give Haynes & McBean a game. The former was on loan there and Beano is just a beast we will need to compete with their physicality, being such the weak team that we are.

Sky Blue Harry H

Agree this will be tough one - pitch will be frosting over - need to tough this one out. Nice to be in the draw, in the hope of a big draw, some pennies in the bank, so that we can strengthen in January (yeah, I know......!)

Paxman II

Guess we will win this just so fans have a short reprieve only to be slapped down again later!

Seriously we need to stay in all the cups now. We need to play, play and play till we get it right!

ccfcway

They've only managed 3 home league wins all season. Still not confident. We'll mess it up somehow only for them to get drawn against Chelsea in the next round.

oh no. Not Chelsea at home. We'll never hear the end of it from Nick

CJ_covblaze

They've only managed 3 home league wins all season. Still not confident. We'll mess it up somehow only for them to get drawn against Chelsea in the next round.

Morecambe drew with us in the middle of a 7 game losing streak in the league at home. Another case of going out of hope not expectation.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Going, but not at all confident. Oxford away is still too fresh ony mind.

Be nice to avenge the defeat in 1992 though. :)

covcity4life

Going, but not at all confident. Oxford away is still too fresh ony mind.

Be nice to avenge the defeat in 1992 though. :)

still remmeber how gutted i was at 10 years old

its when i realised magic of fa cup could also bite you in the arse

i still have the motd with that games goals on vhs somewhere, the main highlights are of when farnbrough beat west ham

fa cup used to be amazing

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
still remmeber how gutted i was at 10 years old

its when i realised magic of fa cup could also bite you in the arse

i still have the motd with that games goals on vhs somewhere, the main highlights are of when farnbrough beat west ham

fa cup used to be amazing

Blimey, I had you down as being 16 years old now!... ;)

I remember watching us lose to Watford as a lad (f nose how) the season after the cup win and being absolutely devastated. I think my young brain expected us to win the thing every year from then on! :confused:

Suffolkskyblue

Just phoned Cambridge ticket office, just waiting to hear from Ccfc but unlikely to have sold 1400 and there will more than likely be pay on the gate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Blimey, I had you down as being 16 years old now!... ;)

I remember watching us lose to Watford as a lad (f nose how) the season after the cup win and being absolutely devastated. I think my young brain expected us to win the thing every year from then on! :confused:
old bugger me.34 years old

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Surely we need to field the biggest, most experienced (minus Tudgay) side possible if we have any ambitions of the 3rd round. Something like:

Burge

Sterry
Willis
Turnbull (sigh)
Page

Rose (if fit)
Bigi
Gadzhev
Reid

McBean
Sordell

Subs:
RCC, Harries, Lameiras, Jones, Maycock, Tudgay, G Thomas

Nick

Administrator
Apparently McCann could be considered? Would be a boost.

Haynes injured

Chris Stokes has also returned to full training having suffered a complicated knee injury back in February, while Ryan Haynes is ruled out with a knee problem.

Mark Venus said: "We’ve got a few injured, I have to wait until tomorrow to see who is going to be fit. I’m still pondering over it.

"Chris Stokes trained today with the team, and McCann is also in full-time training. Stokes has been out a long time, so he’ll be a bit rusty and needs more time.

"We have to consider McCann for Sunday, but we’ll wait to see after training tomorrow.

"Ryan Haynes has got a knee injury picked up in the week, he’ll be out for a few weeks."

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...ridge-united-3447077.aspx#9BAstXVKf0FBf6mv.99

Sky Blue Harry H

It might just save Stevenson till the Summer.

Fair point Wingy, but I have a feeling with SISU, £250k in the bank is worth more than £3M two seasons later. Odd Although it occurred to me earlier today that selling players now (who clearly may become worth a lot more in a year or two) may be a sign that they really do intend to jump ship. - in that they can't cash in on them after they have gone. Otherwise, JM's deal etc makes no sense to me at all. They could even sell, with it built into the deal that any profit from sell on goes to them even after they've gone. Wishful thinking, but I'd gladly take a Stevenson sale as a precursor to them departing.

wingy

Fair point Wingy, but I have a feeling with SISU, £250k in the bank is worth more than £3M two seasons later. Odd Although it occurred to me earlier today that selling players now (who clearly may become worth a lot more in a year or two) may be a sign that they really do intend to jump ship. - in that they can't cash in on them after they have gone. Otherwise, JM's deal etc makes no sense to me at all. They could even sell, with it built into the deal that any profit from sell on goes to them even after they've gone. Wishful thinking, but I'd gladly take a Stevenson sale as a precursor to them departing.
God, could they really do that?
I do feel we will find it hard to get the full value on sales when the football world knows our situation.

johnwillomagic

Think we will win this one 2-0......I'd like us to go 4-4-2 for this one and this is how I hope we line up.

RCC GK
Sterry RB
Page LB
Turnbull CB
Willis CB
Bigi CM
McCann CM
Jones RW
Reid LW
Sordell ST
Tudguy ST

Subs: Burge, Kelly-Evans, Stokes, Lameiras, G.Thomas, McBean, Ageyi

stevefloyd

Wouldn't let Tudgay anywhere near the team now... sorry he has had his chance/chances and not taken them although god only knows who we could play in place of him not as though we have many strikers....wait a minute !!!!!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Think we will win this one 2-0......I'd like us to go 4-4-2 for this one and this is how I hope we line up.

RCC GK
Sterry RB
Page LB
Turnbull CB
Willis CB
Bigi CM
McCann CM
Jones RW
Reid LW
Sordell ST
Tudguy ST

Subs: Burge, Kelly-Evans, Stokes, Lameiras, G.Thomas, McBean, Ageyi

Mccann's injured still isn't he? Stokes not yet near a 1st team return.

Users who are viewing this thread