Match Thread Cambridge v Coventry Match Thread - Sunday 4th Dec (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

'Surely today was not TF and JS fault' Just plain amazing that some fans STILL cant understand we have been led by Sisu for 9 years to this point. Their executive team, choosing managers,.

I can understand. I would want SISU to leave our club if we won 4-0 today (which we should have done against lower league opposition)

Question for you, wage bill for CCFC compared to that of Cambridge, which do you think is bigger ?

oscillatewildly

Dal, you're a bloody genius! It's got nothing to do with the 'manager', team selection, formation, tactics or attitude.
You've just hit the nad on the head. We need a testicular transplant for every squad member. That's all that's lacking.
We shall have a pair of plums for every man, we want them here and we want them now!

Otis

Think thats a given.... you know Steve we have spoken for a long time and I cannot remember you being as down as you appear now about the team... that is echoed by so many fans I too myself have fallen into the trap of slagging the team it bloody stinks what has happened to our club
I have adopted a gallows humour and to be quite honest defeats don't bother me at all anymore.

Just shrugged my shoulders today with each and every goal that went in.

Really not at all bothered when we lose. Become numb to it.

Getting to the stage now where I am throwing a street party even every time we have a shot on target.

And let me tell you, the vol au vents have gone very stale.

Chipfat

Agreed. The budget had been set, TM and MV knew what that was. It was totally up to them how it was spent. They messed it up.

OK Torch, let me ask you if the club was in a better position off the field would the recruitment been easier and be in a stronger position to attract the players they wanted. If you think no then I understand your stance with our owners having no responability for the state of the club.

torchomatic

ccfcway

MV speaks........

Here goes

"Terrible afternoon.
The team should take responsibility as well.
Feel for everyone connected to the club.
It was a day where we let everybody down
I heard what the fans said and its their club and they have to get what they want
The performance today of my team wasn't good enough for me to be deserving of the manager
Players have to be stand up to be counted in a mans world
Have to try and recover for Wed
Don't think anybody knows our best team
I picked the team and we lost 4-0 and I take the blame
The players have to understand the dissapointment of everybody concerned

ccfcway

most bizarre comment "its not about the team getting beat, its how they got beat"

er, no Mark. It's both

We just lost to lower league opposition. Even if the team gave the proverbial "110%", and we lost 1-0, we still lost to a team we shouldn't have lost to.

torchomatic

OK Torch, let me ask you if the club was in a better position off the field would the recruitment been easier and be in a stronger position to attract the players they wanted. If you think no then I understand your stance with our owners having no responability for the state of the club.

Absolutely, but they were in charge last year when we were top of the league and scoring for fun. Recruitment didn't seem to be a problem last season. In the summer TM let two defenders go before he'd signed anyone and then expected sympathy when he said he had failed to sign five Championship centre backs. Mistake and a massive one. Don't let players go until you have replacements.

I have never said the owners have no responsibility. Nice try though.

The Prefect

'Surely today was not TF and JS fault' Just plain amazing that some fans STILL cant understand we have been led by Sisu for 9 years to this point. Their executive team, choosing managers, hiring and selling players. setting budgets, setting strategies (or not). The buck stops with the owners for where we are now. No excuses or apologism.

Agreed.

The 'couldn't care less...' attitude starts with Joy Seppala and infests the club from the top down.
Having the players motivated when it's clear that neither Joy Seppala or Tim Fisher aren't is an unreasonable ask of the playing staff. You can not protect the on pitch from the disaster that is behind the scenes. It just isn't going to happen.

oscillatewildly

I have adopted a gallows humour and to be quite honest defeats don't bother me at all anymore.

Just shrugged my shoulders today with each and every goal that went in.

Really not at all bothered when we lose. Become numb to it.

Getting to the stage now where I am throwing a street party even every time we have a shot on target.

And let me tell you, the vol au vents have gone very stale.
Spine tinglingly Churchillian with that last sentence, Otis.

Chipfat

W
Absolutely, but they were in charge last year when we were top of the league and scoring for fun. Recruitment didn't seem to be a problem last season. In the summer TM let two defenders go before he'd signed anyone and then expected sympathy when he said he had failed to sign five Championship centre backs. Mistake and a massive one. Don't let players go until you have replacements.

I have never said the owners have no responsibility. Nice try though.

It's not a try it's a serious question. We had success on the back of 6 loan players. The only one player we had was sold. I do agree and posted at the time Martin was a mistake but TM must of thought a cb was a deal already agreed to let him go. I also said it's understandable TM having to leave due to mistakes in the recruitment side of things.

torchomatic

W

It's not a try it's a serious question. We had success on the back of 6 loan players. The only one player we had was sold. I do agree and posted at the time Martin was a mistake but TM must of thought a cb was a deal already agreed to let him go. I also said it's understandable TM having to leave due to mistakes in the recruitment side of things.

But we still had success as you say, so it was down to recruitment. If TM and MV had got that right then I doubt we would have had that conversation. It's not just about recruiting PL strikers as has been shown this season. The lower leagues and Non leagues are awash with decent players. He should have gone after those. Most clubs in our league and below do just that.

torchomatic

And if they had hired a jackett or anothe rmanager u still think we lose this game? im not sonsure at all

Agree. MV shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near the team.

Chipfat

Yeah it's all if, buts and maybe. I just think the club structure is not built to succeed. Selling the club to potential players gets harder the more the owner concentrate more on courts than the club. Recruitment has many different aspects not just results or form.

I think we agree on what the club needs we just differ on where the responability lies.

torchomatic

I think we agree on what the club needs we just differ on where the responability lies.

Responsibility lies ultimately with the owners, of course. So should we attack them for being in the bottom four this Christmas and congratulate them for being top last Christmas?

James Smith

I'm not so bothered if Sisu lose in the High Court I almost expect that. Our club losing to lower league opposition I'm very annoyed about and shouldn't expect it.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Listening online and CWR have gone to the Wasps game,We know where their loyalties lie then, Wankers!!

torchomatic

Is he the reincarnation of cjparker? The one who advocated violence against Fisher's children?

I'm not sure, he could be. He's just one of the ones who comes out to play when things are particularly shit.

torchomatic

No, they gave themselves away the other day as somebody else ;)

They always give themselves away in the end.

oucho

Anyone else read Venus's comments as 'i will stand down as soon as a replacement can be found'?

rockdude101

Listening online and CWR have gone to the Wasps game,We know where their loyalties lie then, Wankers!!

Do you blame them? Wasps have already embarrassed SISU within a year of moving here and being everything SISU dream of, barring a title or cup win...I know where I'd go if I wanted to watch players giving 100% and gasp, even win the game.

Captain Dart

Users who are viewing this thread