Match Thread Cambridge v Coventry Match Thread - Sunday 4th Dec (1 Viewer)

W

westcountry_skyblue

Do you blame them? Wasps have already embarrassed SISU within a year of moving here and being everything SISU dream of, barring a title or cup win...I know where I'd go if I wanted to watch players giving 100% and gasp, even win the game.
The clue for CWR is in the City name,Who gives a fuck about rugby!!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Anyone else read Venus's comments as 'i will stand down as soon as a replacement can be found'?
No as I don't believe the club are actively looking for a replacement. They haven't made any forward steps towards appointing a permanent manager since mowbray stepped down.

Paul Anthony

That's some shocking defending. Absolutely shocking. I can't believe how much space that same guy had.

Paxman II

Looking at those highlights the players look jaded and unwilling. Team selection all wrong and players looked like they were confused. No leaders on the pitch.

torchomatic

torchomatic

Looking at those highlights the players look jaded and unwilling. Team selection all wrong and players looked like they were confused. No leaders on the pitch.

And reflects worse on the "old heads" like Willis.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Shit! That's my overall review.

What makes it worse is I didn't realise Berry got all 4! That's embarrassing!

Venus has to take a serious look at the position we find ourselves in. Very non committal post match, but even he has to see we need to appoint someone now to have any chance of survival.

It's all good and well CWR / callers saying 'but are the players good enough no matter who the manager is'! They have to be. They have to step up. We don't have a choice.

Surely they have the ability otherwise they wouldn't be in the profession. Excluding Ruben. What he has done to keep starting games is a massive unknown for me! On par with Jack Finch. Clearly taken over From Connor Thomas as the blue eyed boy despite being shit!

Really not looking forward to Southend now. Not even fussed about Crawley either but that's at home so at least after a defeat it'll be a short drive home!

Wish I could just give up as easily as the players, coaches, owners etc have, but I can't :(

torchomatic

a 22 year old expected to lead and carry a young defence against typical league one / two experienced "men"

I don't care how old he is, he's the Captain. He's made a shed load of appearances and should know better. There are tons of youngsters and guys in their early twenties in the lower leagues who seem to be doing just nicely.

ccfcway

I don't care how old he is, he's the Captain. He's made a shed load of appearances and should know better. There are tons of youngsters and guys in their early twenties in the lower leagues who seem to be doing just nicely.

He's made just over 80 in 5 years. These "tons of youngsters" in the lower leagues are surrounded and supported by experienced players.

Willis has 2 young loans, Harries, Turnbull, with Burge behind him

Covstu

I cannot even bare to watch the highlights. Not been gutted about a result for a long time, maybe more angry. I just don't know where we go next from here?

idm1975

I left with my wife and kids after 60mins today as i didnt think it was fair on them to sit there getting freezing cold watching watching our team play dog shit football. Even frankie and bennys round the corner was ok after that performance!

SkyblueBazza

Ask yourself this.

If you are a loanee & your time is nearly up...are you going to be thinking about giving your best in December? Or do you play your absolute best up to December to show what you can do to others who are keeping the lookout (you may even have had an approach in readiness?) & then coast so you are ready to move on to the next permanent deal or loan club???

...onwards & upwards PUSB

ccfcway

Ask yourself this.

If you are a loanee & your time is nearly up...are you going to be thinking about giving your best in December? Or do you play your absolute best up to December to show what you can do to others who are keeping the lookout (you may even have had an approach in readiness?) & then coast so you are ready to move on to the next permanent deal or loan club???

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Bloody hell. If pre Dec was their best, then Dec is gonna be very poor indeed !!

torchomatic

He's made just over 80 in 5 years. These "tons of youngsters" in the lower leagues are surrounded and supported by experienced players.

Willis has 2 young loans, Harries, Turnbull, with Burge behind him

Look how many games Turnbull has played. They are all to blame. Can't just blame MV and the "poor kids". Players like Willis need to step up to the plate.

hill83

Look how many games Turnbull has played. They are all to blame. Can't just blame MV and the "poor kids". Players like Willis need to step up to the plate.

At some point it's got to be decided that they just aren't good enough. It's as simple as that.

torchomatic

At some point it's got to be decided that they just aren't good enough. It's as simple as that.

Totally agree. i think we're pretty much at that point now.

covhead1

The team that played today should be lined up and shot along with Venus and Fisher.
Mind you if it was any of our lot with the machine gun they'd probably miss!
Fucking useless the lot of 'em.

ccfcway

agree with that, It was TM and MV job to do that, just like they did with Aaron Martin and Phillips. They decided to keep willis and decided to recruit Turnbull. Those decisions have been made

Nick

Administrator
Was Berry playing attacking midfield?

Would have thought our "defending midfielder" should be picking him up and following his run.

shmmeee

Damn, was so caught up in uni work I forgot about the game, sounds like that was the best idea.

Where the fuck do we go from here? Venus has to go. Slightly worried with McCann and Stokes back now we'll get a little blip of form and keep him past January.

Users who are viewing this thread