Can energy companies just turn off your power without offering any kind of compensation? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Just had my post delivered 5 mins ago and there is a letter from Western Power Distribution saying that our power supply could be off between 10am and 4pm ... TODAY!

Partly the Post Office's fault too I guess because the letter was sent on the 14th, so I should have had it Saturday, or Monday at least.

Now have no time to make other arrangements and of course all the fans in the house will be off on what is going to be a very hot day.

Can I claim compensation? Assuming obviously that the power won't be off for the whole 6 hours and will probably be intermittent, on/off, but still, seems an awfully long time to have your power supply broken.

jimmyhillsfanclub

almost definitely......its planned maintenance.....it'll be in your T&C's.......9 times out of 10 it probably wont go off at all.....

.....its a good excuse to cook everything in the freezer & stuff yer face just in case......

Otis

almost definitely......its planned maintenance.....it'll be in your T&C's.......9 times out of 10 it probably wont go off at all.....

.....its a good excuse to cook everything in the freezer & stuff yer face just in case......

Already on it!!

Having mushrooms and tofu with vanilla ice cream and garlic bread.

Users who are viewing this thread