Can of Worms (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Can anybody else remember PWKH saying that SISU were about to open a can of worms that could change something in football?

I can't find the post but pretty sure he said something along those lines?

Evo1883

also there was a post somewhere suggesting he hasn't given up , maybe he was tipped off that OTium bid would fail ....... :whistle:

wingy

Can anybody else remember PWKH saying that SISU were about to open a can of worms that could change something in football?

I can only recall him saying something about all would be clear when the truth comes out and it always does in the end.:thinking about:

Evo1883

I did ..god dammit I really must read things properly,either way would be nice lol

Otis

You do realise that an anagram of Otium Entertainment Group is 'Numerate impotent routing' don't you!

Warwickhunt

I read the same comment as well! he made it sound like armagedon to the FL

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah, I thought it was to do with "if every club can simply form a new company to buy themselves out when they're 70m in debt, football's fooked".

Or it might have been to do with the high court case against CCC?

Senior Vick from Alicante

I think the football league will be subject to litigation if they don't pass SISU as fit and proper. After what Guilfoyle was saying today they are in a no win situation. If they give SISU the golden share, which is against their rules then they will be open for legals from other member clubs and if they don't give it then I think Timmy and the boys will go down that route. The league should not let Otium have the golden share but as we all know, they like SISU are a law unto themselves. Unlike SISU who love litigation the football league probably don't, this has a long way to run yet and could change the law in a lot of ways for other football insolvencies. I believe this is what PWKH was intimating but may be far from the mark, you can bet ACL will still be able to influence this in some form after all you don't spend over hundred thousand on London law firms if a guy in the city centre can do the same job for a 5th of the price. In short hold on tight because this is about to get shitty. PUSB #notonepennymore.

Steve.B50

I think the football league will be subject to litigation if they don't pass SISU as fit and proper. After what Guilfoyle was saying today they are in a no win situation. If they give SISU the golden share, which is against their rules then they will be open for legals from other member clubs and if they don't give it then I think Timmy and the boys will go down that route. The league should not let Otium have the golden share but as we all know, they like SISU are a law unto themselves. Unlike SISU who love litigation the football league probably don't, this has a long way to run yet and could change the law in a lot of ways for other football insolvencies. I believe this is what PWKH was intimating but may be far from the mark, you can bet ACL will still be able to influence this in some form after all you don't spend over hundred thousand on London law firms if a guy in the city centre can do the same job for a 5th of the price. In short hold on tight because this is about to get shitty. PUSB #notonepennymore.

Well put Vic
Am staying on line today as things hotting up.

James Smith

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Here you go, this the one?

In an earlier post I said that there would be no end of twists and turns before this saga is ended. This is another twist or maybe a turn. We need to see how far the statement matches up with the facts. This can't be done until business hours. We will then discuss the situation with our advisers, sort out what is what and then make a statement. There is no point in our saying anything more at the moment because things just don't add up. I am afraid that it is a night of speculation, rumour, the creation of myths and certainly nothing of substance. If what has been touched on in the statement is what it appears to say, the ramifications will touch all English football. I hope that Seppala and Fisher understand the genie they have just released. Nothing more to be done or said until tomorrow.

dongonzalos

Yes it was said by someone in the know.

Can't say for definite it was him but maybe ACL/ Higgs/Council

rob9872

I don't know what I wish for any more.

I know that I definitely don't want SISU and that I don't understand enough about the alternative bids and what they can bring, but I know that I'm equally scared of the alternatives if we force SISU out :(

jesus-wept

SISU take thie FL to law ? They have to be certain of winning that one

James Smith

I can see that if SISU do bring state aid to the legal table when trying to get the council loan killed off it isn't just us it will affect. Forrest had at least one loan guaranteed by the city council which they then defaulted on a payment. The council then had to cough up as they were liable if Forrest didn't make the repayments, although they did get their money back from the club I believe. Swansea and Hull with their Stadium Management Companies that don't seem to make the councils any money and in the case of Swansea the club only pays a peppercorn rent etc. There are bound to be more, and that'll really encourage clubs to allow us to Groundshare with them.

wingy

I can see that if SISU do bring state aid to the legal table when trying to get the council loan killed off it isn't just us it will affect. Forrest had at least one loan guaranteed by the city council which they then defaulted on a payment. The council then had to cough up as they were liable if Forrest didn't make the repayments, although they did get their money back from the club I believe. Swansea and Hull with their Stadium Management Companies that don't seem to make the councils any money and in the case of Swansea the club only pays a peppercorn rent etc. There are bound to be more, and that'll really encourage clubs to allow us to Groundshare with them.

I really don't see that there can be a case ,unless the funding the council provided during Ricoh construction was wrong ,and was a hurdle crossed at the time,there was inter -party bickering back then which was obviously overcome.

Users who are viewing this thread