Can this season be over already? (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Knowing we are going down so early kind of eliminates the shock a bit and there is an acceptance in the air.
I'm already contemplating next season and want the current one to end as quickly as possible.
The remaining games feel all but pointless and are just fulfilling our obligation.

I want to hear about who's contract is cancelled, who we are selling and who we are bringing in. Can't wait to draw a close on this latest chapter of our story and start looking forward to what I hope is a one season promotion challenge in league 2.

Anyone else feel this way?

ccfc92

Knowing we are going down so early kind of eliminates the shock a bit and there is an acceptance in the air.
I'm already contemplating next season and want the current one to end as quickly as possible.
The remaining games feel all but pointless and are just fulfilling our obligation.

I want to hear about who's contract is cancelled, who we are selling and who we are bringing in. Can't wait to draw a close on this latest chapter of our story and start looking forward to what I hope is a one season promotion challenge in league 2.

Pretty much.

Unfortunately, have about 2 months after the season before players will be coming in as well.

oucho

I'll be going to the Walsall game but I'll keep an eye on the scores/match results and continue looking out for news, but that doesn't mean you have to.

I don't blame you for feeling like that. Just tune out mate. Why not keep paying attention until we're officially relegated, then tune out until the club announce who is released/retained. Then you can tune out for the whole of the close season until the fixtures are announced, at which point you can start planning away days. The hunt for new players will then be on at that point, so you can start anticipating the first weekend of August.

I'll be coming up with a League 2 pub guide - we've actually visited the vast majority of the L2 grounds in most supporters' relatively recent memory - even the likes of Luton and Grimsby we played in the Championship era. There's only Barnet, Exeter, Accrington and Mansfield I think we've not visited in recent times.

Most of the aways look like decent days for one reason or another (either proximity to Cov, good palce to go for a weekend, good/new ground, easy travel etc etc.)

Last edited:

coop

I'm hoping we win a few and finish strong and second from bottom then I think if Robins can get most of what he wants for next year than the promotion charge is on.

stevefloyd

I hope he has a brain, but playing the likes of Turdgay, Lameiras and Foley makes me wonder...may as well play Ghadzev as well

CovBurty

Understand what you mean, felt that last year with our rubbish end to season and failure to get to play offs. A bit angrier this year it's ended with the drop. The drop to L1 upset me, kinda just accept this one. L2 football is a bit uglier. Only seen it on TV and mostly looks like Slade football. Keep taking the tablets to numb the pain!

CovBurty

I am starting to look forward to next season. We have some right shite good grounds to go to where we can jump around like idiots together and outnumber and outsing our opponents.
That's a good point. Do these grounds still have terracing? I hate this sitting down shit.

Astute

That's a good point. Do these grounds still have terracing? I hate this sitting down shit.
We have had terracing the last few years in Division 3. Have really enjoyed it. But teams have a certain amount of time to get up to standard when they reach the Championship. How many present Division 4 clubs have been in the top 2 divisions? The only problem is that some of the grounds are so small we will sell out. So I might be having to go in with the home support a few times.

CovBurty

We have had terracing the last few years in Division 3. Have really enjoyed it. But teams have a certain amount of time to get up to standard when they reach the Championship. How many present Division 4 clubs have been in the top 2 divisions? The only problem is that some of the grounds are so small we will sell out. So I might be having to go in with the home support a few times.
I've not been going to away games over the years, but really fancy it next season and combine the trip with a night out clubbin. Better experience is we are pissin L2, hopefully.

Astute

I've not been going to away games over the years, but really fancy it next season and combine the trip with a night out clubbin. Better experience is we are pissin L2, hopefully.
Just like I thought we would do well in Division 3.

Away games are more fun. We are closer together so make a lot of noise. And a lot of the away support are our hard core supporters.

CovBurty

Just like I thought we would do well in Division 3.

Away games are more fun. We are closer together so make a lot of noise. And a lot of the away support are our hard core supporters.
Surely we can't be as bad in division 4.
Deffo will be joining u on some of those away games next season, rather than going to Ricoh.

Users who are viewing this thread