Can you find..... (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

Can anyone find....a positive post about the forthcoming season on this forum?? I find it a completely depressing read how few on here are ready to give City a chance this season. We have no idea how we're going to get on, but the least we can do is show some support and look for the positive stuff!!! Rant over....PUSB!!

Terry Gibson's perm

I think we will be promoted but I have thought that every year since we first got relegated from the prem.

The league was shit last year and that was one higher than this one.

Astute

I have constantly said that I am feeling confident about this season. Take a look at the other squads. You wouldn't look at them and think they are better than ours. Yes there is the occasional player. We could still do with a decent striker. But we are not looking bad at all.

steve82

I think there are more fans on here thinking we're going up as opposed to a outside the top 10 finish or worse

Not seen much depression in the form of lack of hope.

mark82

Can anyone find....a positive post about the forthcoming season on this forum?? I find it a completely depressing read how few on here are ready to give City a chance this season. We have no idea how we're going to get on, but the least we can do is show some support and look for the positive stuff!!! Rant over....PUSB!!

To be fair, I was just thinking the same thing. Negativity seems to have taken over a few threads but it's generally the same few people. I think it's maybe a result of most business being done early and people now worrying that we aren't signing people.

harvey098

I'm generally an optimistic fan but I really struggle to see how we can be thinking of challenging for the title... our defence will be ok but how are we going to score goals? We don't have a creative player, we don't have a goalscorer.

If that changes before the end of the window then my mind will too but right now I don't get where the optimism is coming from?

RFC

Lost 13 (including loans) signed 9 on permanent deals + most of those offered deal have accepted (apart from Bigi & Thomas).

Time for him to get his head together and sign a four year deal with the option to talk to Premiership & Championship clubs if their offers are accepted.

I anticipate at least four or five more signings with the possibility of a decent loan or two.

Have faith in Mark Robins and get behind the team!

Brylowes

It's funny how people see things differently, but after the last few seasons 'on & off the pitch'
And especially last seasons debacle, I've been amazed at the positive attitude towards the
New season.

Astute

It's funny how people see things differently, but after the last few seasons 'on & off the pitch'
And especially last seasons debacle, I've been amazed at the positive attitude towards the
New season.
We have players that have been team captain. We have players that have gained promotion elsewhere. So we have players that have experienced winning for once. And the job of captain will be covered by more than one player. That to me is a big plus.

Hobo

My feeling is people are being over optimistic too early in the rebuilding process. The danger of this if we don't get off to a good start or stall after a few months we will have the sack the manager chorus all over again.

So far things are looking hopeful, but we are 4 or 5 short. Yes a few are still making up their minds and we may have a couple of irons in the fire. I can't see us achieving instant success but that isn't necessarily a criticism of MR.

Seamus1

Positive news: we can go up without having to break our 40 odd year record of never finishing inside the top 6!

CovBurty

Notts County first game i'm going for a positive 3-0 win. What happens after that who knows! Surely we must finish minimum top 3. No cup runs, just a promotion to keep us all happy. Mark Robins to stay at least one season.

Reactions: RFC

Brylowes

We have players that have been team captain. We have players that have gained promotion elsewhere. So we have players that have experienced winning for once. And the job of captain will be covered by more than one player. That to me is a big plus.
That's fair enough, but I was answering the OP who asked "can anyone find a positive
Post anywhere on this forum about the forthcoming season" I was just saying I think
There's been plenty of positive posts.

Esoterica

As soon as we released Lameiras I put my life savings on us winning the league. :angelic: I didn't need that 75p anyway.

Otis

I'm generally an optimistic fan but I really struggle to see how we can be thinking of challenging for the title... our defence will be ok but how are we going to score goals? We don't have a creative player, we don't have a goalscorer.

If that changes before the end of the window then my mind will too but right now I don't get where the optimism is coming from?
Because the sesson hasn't started yet and a lot of us are convinced Robins will address the inadequacies you have mentioned.

Looks like he may well have recruited really well thus far, so we have every reason he will bring in the very people you have described and if we are not able to sign another goalgetting striker I am sure we will be bringing in a young loanee striker from the Premier or Championship.

Hopefully another Adam Armstrong.

Reactions: RFC

steve82

My feeling is people are being over optimistic too early in the rebuilding process. The danger of this if we don't get off to a good start or stall after a few months we will have the sack the manager chorus all over again.

So far things are looking hopeful, but we are 4 or 5 short. Yes a few are still making up their minds and we may have a couple of irons in the fire. I can't see us achieving instant success but that isn't necessarily a criticism of MR.

I'm the exact same...
promotion is not guaranteed at all it's a tough poor league, that said I am hopeful of being in and around the top 10 within a shout of a play off place

I'm very happy with recruitment so far, he's addressed 9 areas of the pitch so far and got a player in for that position.
The character of the players look like they have strong mentalities and a few are previous leaders/captains at previous clubs so the make up of the players looks right.
I still feel we're a few key positions short but there's plenty of time to address them and that will throw weight behind any real confidence of promotion.

Can we gel all that on the pitch with a performance to go with it on a regular basis remains to be seen but we look equipped to go toe to toe unlike previous seasons.

The key for me is the fans, the 12th man to remain behind the players if things do start slowly and not get on there backs.
There is a few who could be the boo boys favourite targets but I feel we need to support and encourage them with MR and TW. They've identified these to represent us for the next 2 years.

Liquid Gold

I feel like were going to have enough about us to grind out some 1-0 wins this season. Not concede late goals and generally not be pushovers.

Users who are viewing this thread