Can you imagine the Buzz.... (aka CovisGod daydreaming) (1 Viewer)

CovisGod

Sat in the van at work, listening to the draw for the Checkatrade thinking about how we'd have laughed at this competition a few years back but how now it could potentially be a first Wembley trip for a lot of fans, me included (I'm 30) and then I started thinking slightly bigger...

Remember that feeling when we got brought back to the Ricoh ? The City and the Club were buzzing, and remember that feeling when we topped the league last season ? There was such a feeling of joy (not Sepalla) around the place, so just imagine for one minute the possibility of logging on to this forum one day and reading the headline "Consortium Takeover Happening" imagine the buzz of a fresh beginning and things starting to change around the place, a bit of money being pumped in, a team that's battling at the right end of the table for a change and above all else a bit of hope, that there's something to look forward to and a real curiosity of how far we can go, light at the end of a long and very bloody dark tunnel.

I honestly dream about this a lot, I was 14 when we got relegated from the Prem and I've never in my adult life ever see us do anything but decline, yet City remains top of my priority list and my first love, I can't even begin to imagine Playoff Final atmospheres or winning Leagues, I honestly think I'd have a heart attack

Anyway, that's enough daydreaming for one day, back to reality where we're in a relegation dogfight in England's 3rd tier :(

tom88

I'm 28 and all I want is to witness Coventry City playing at Wembley in a final. Even if it is a micky mouse cup. To be honest I wouldnt care too much if we lost. I just want the experience

no_loyalty

I seriously hope we don't fail at the final hurdle again, our suffering fans need something to cheer about

andyboy81

I'm not letting myself get worked up for failure again like a few seasons ago.
Sure there will be another rendition of "we'll never see you again" on 81mins when we 4-1 down and there's a mass exodus from the stands

Hugh Jarse

Was at Wembley in '87 and the atmosphere was fantastic. My only worry about going to the new Wembley (a man can dream can't he?) is that we will get the whistle blowing, pitch invaders ruin the day for us. Whilst I agree with forms of direct action, a Wembley appearance wouldn't be one I'd like to see these antics employed at.

I can understand why protest organisers would want to pick an event like this but, come on, before 1987, when was the last time we played at Wembley and how many times have we been there since?

Anyhow, this is all speculation, we aint got there yet.

shy_tall_knight

I can understand why protest organisers would want to pick an event like this but, come on, before 1987,
when was the last time we played at Wembley - August 1987 v Everton lost 1-0
and how many times have we been there since- never

Please send me further questions to answer those were easy

Brylowes

I can understand why protest organisers would want to pick an event like this but, come on, before 1987,
when was the last time we played at Wembley - August 1987 v Everton lost 1-0
and how many times have we been there since- never

Please send me further questions to answer those were easy
August- 1987 wasn't before 1987. Just saying :emoji_boy:

Users who are viewing this thread