Cancel the boycott (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gosford Green

Sharing UKIP and Britain First bullshit might hint at a slightly below average IQ but is a long way from being an active member of Blood & Honour.
If anyone started handing out EDL(other far right organisations are available)leaflets I would be the first to tell them to fuck off elsewhere with it.

Ian1779

So has he done the sensible thing and moved aside?

I originally went to type honourable thing, but there is no honour in the views he was presenting.

Otis

So has he done the sensible thing and moved aside?

I originally went to type honourable thing, but there is no honour in the views he was presenting.
Has he actually posted anything inflammatory himself, or is it all just retweeting?

martcov

Don't quote Grendull like it some how makes you clever. It doesn't. You don't know why I've voted UKIP on one occasion and why would you, you've never asked me. For the record I've voted green, lib dem and conservative on more than one occasion but you're not labeling me green tony, lib dem tony or tory tony and why would you when you think attacking the man is smart.

You're right. City fans are protesting as a non political group. City fans including Steve. I say including Steve that's not true, he seems to be a special case. He's not allowed to be non political on this day apparently. My my, that almost sounds like discrimination. No wait, it is discrimination. He's being isolated as a special case because of views not related to CCFC. There's a lot of people on here throwing stones in glass houses while taking a moral high ground if you ask me.

His right wing views do bother me and for personal reasons that I'm not going to go on a public forum (pm me if you want, I'm happy to discuss it privately) it does upset me but I'm not going to blur the lines between his right wing views and the fight he's organising for CCFC. I believe in what he's doing for CCFC, as far as I or anyone else knows he isn't out organising muslim lynch mobs, burning mosques down. He ain't being clever on twitter, I don't argue that point but that doesn't make his views on CCFC wrong or anything he's organised connected to CCFC wrong. People are not right all the time you know.

Grendel has been at you about your UKIP vote. It doesn't make me look any cleverer than I am by quoting that. You posted on here that your UKIP vote was a protest vote. I assume that that is the truth and so I don't need to ask you.

Steve is a special case. He has resigned from the Trust to lead a united protest. So, yes his views do matter. My political views don't matter as I am not a figurehead for a non-political protest. You being a 'prod' doesn't matter either - you are a city fan and one of hopefully many, that's what matters in your case.

You are constantly telling us what he is not doing - e.g. not organising muslim lynch mobs. So what if he isn't? No-one else even thought of that possibilty. Why suggest it?

The point is what is he doing? Following scum, tweeting and retweeting far right racist crap. And worse still, getting found out. This could be used against him to tarnish the protest.

In what way am I, or anyone else, throwing stones from a glass house?

Ian1779

Has he actually posted anything inflammatory himself, or is it all just retweeting?

To be honest - I did not see what was on his account. I don't really think it matters either way - he needs to take a step back from it all.

theferret

Sharing UKIP and Britain First bullshit might hint at a slightly below average IQ but is a long way from being an active member of Blood & Honour.
If anyone started handing out EDL(other far right organisations are available)leaflets I would be the first to tell them to fuck off elsewhere with it.

The UKIP one I find odd. A few strange characters waving that flag - but their membership is mainly made up of people who wear too much tweed and who have an aversion to wind turbines. EDL et al, that I get.

Otis

To be honest - I did not see what was on his account. I don't really think it matters either way - he needs to take a step back from it all.
No, I agree with that. A retweet though could be just a lazy, casual effort though couldn't it, with little thought.

When you type something you are composing something and thinking about what you are saying. Would say composing a tweet that is inflammatory is worse than just retweeting. You don't know for certain how much thought and effort has gone into in a retweet.

I don't use Twitter hardly ever to be honest. My last tweet was over a year ago I think.

torchomatic

No, I agree with that. A retweet though could be just a lazy, casual effort though couldn't it, with little thought.

When you type something you are composing something and thinking about what you are saying.

I don't use Twitter hardly ever to be honest. My last tweet was over a year ago I think.

Well one or two maybe, but there were loads. And to be honest would you ever retweet something racist from a far-right group in a "lazy, casual" way?

Gosford Green

The UKIP one I find odd. A few strange characters waving that flag - but their membership is mainly made up of people who wear too much tweed and who have an aversion to wind turbines. EDL et al, that I get.

The tweed lot are the most dangerous as they have shotgun's. The EDL are mainly coked up failed football hooligans or full time keyboard Knights Templar, really quite harmless.

Otis

Well one or two maybe, but there were loads. And to be honest would you ever retweet something racist from a far-right group in a "lazy, casual" way?
No, not defending it and obviously with Tommy Robinson ou know exactly what you are getting.

Just thinking that with some maybe he was following people, but just retweeting them with little thought, just like things being passed through your in-tray for signature.

Not defending him at all. Didn't see the stuff, so hard for me to form a fully considered view.

martcov

I had never heard of Pegida before. Am fully aware of Tommy Robinson though.

Just how racist are they? Those two links don't give much away. Ban the burka, stop immigration, prevent Sharia law.

Nothing that extreme there I don't think. Do they have a manifesto?

They were started in Germany, particulary East Germany ( there are more neo-Nazis pro capita in the East ) by a known criminal, a burglar called Lutz Bachmann. The idea was for the Christian world to stand up against the muslim invasion. They go on 'evening strolls' once a week in places such as Dresden and Leipzig to try and emulate the peaceful revolution which brought the wall down.

As usual, there are many decent people who turned up on the 'strolls' in their thousands, but... the rhetoric from Bachmann and his cronies is reminisent from Nazi-talk. The movement is becoming increasingly more Nazi with known Neo-Nazi groups carrying their flags and banners. The "concerned citizens" are being manipulated by the right. They just had their "birthday march" where Tommy Fraudster Robinson held a speech. There were considerably less "concerned citizens" than last year ( probably because of the refugee flood last year ), but more right wing groups in evidence.

Dresden has lost a lot of tourists and companies are retiscent about moving there. There is an anti Pegida movement which holds regular anti-pegida demos. The city of Dresden wants rid of them, but by calling their demos "evening strolls" they get permission more easily than as if they said a demonstration.

The leaders are scum, but some of the followers are genuine and, as, they call themselves "concerned citizens".

Otis

No, I certainly don't retwert anything in a "lazy, casual" way.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Some do though don't they?

Think I have before and stuff like on Facebook. A friend will post something 'like this page' and I will like it without checking the thing in any detail whatsoever.

I.e. My brother and his wife are big on music and live in Hastings and I will often get a like request and I just like it. It's usually some music festival for save the pier, that sort of thing.

Think I have also retweeted down stuff from my daughter's agency without fully looking at it.

More fool me, perhaps?

Just think I know them well enough to believe it won't be anything at all contentious

theferret

People will also sometimes retweet something they don't agree with in order to expose the person who tweeted it. I once retweeted something from David Icke, some far-left anti-semetic shite that was completely bonkers.

*note, not saying that was the case here, just making a general point.

Ian1779

Clearly the moral is that once you put it out there on the internet - it stays there forever. If you are in a position of leadership or authority you are there to be scrutinsed.

In my profession, if I was seen to be retweeting/posting this nonsense I would not only be sacked, but have my teaching licence revoked permanently.

So asking a figurehead of a fans group to step aside, for the sake of said movement is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

What I find just as distasteful is those who have shown up to defend his position and condone his actions, because of this excuse or that.

Covstu

Think I have before and stuff like on Facebook. A friend will post something 'like this page' and I will like it without checking the thing in any detail whatsoever.

I.e. My brother and his wife are big on music and live in Hastings and I will often get a like request and I just like it. It's usually some music festival for save the pier, that sort of thing.

Think I have also retweeted down stuff from my daughter's agency without fully looking at it.

More fool me, perhaps?

Just think I know them well enough to believe it won't be anything at all contentious
They indeed too, I have seen many a like or share of these types of posts. The most common ones are the children that arnt children type posts about the refugees. Are they blatantly racist or just misguided?

Ian1779

They indeed too, I have seen many a like or share of these types of posts. The most common ones are the children that arnt children type posts about the refugees. Are they blatantly racist or just misguided?
Didn't the Sun use a picture of a 'child' today on their front page, which turned out to be an adult that was working somewhere in the vicinty for the local authorities? So they fabricated the message in full knowledge of it being misleading.

It's this kind of shit that makes intolerance spread.

theferret

Going off topic (or is it on topic), CARD have just announced they have raised £41,000 for their protest fund. Some going that.

skybluetony176

Myself and my family know all about the Orange Order - but yet again you deflect.

Myself and my family know all about the IRA. They burnt my aunts house to the ground with two dogs in it. So do I go around labeling all Irish Catholics dog murdering arsonist? No, I don't. Because I'm not an idiot. I too know orange men. I have uncles who are proud orange men and also proud grandfathers to catholic grandchildren, catholic grandchildren who also go and cheer their grandfather along as he's marching through the streets with his bowler hat and sash on. I know orange men who do the weekly shop for their elderly catholic neighbours, who get involved in cross religion community projects and much much more. But according to you they're all nasty bastards. I also know councillors who are ex IRA men turned politicians who serve their entire community regardless of faith well to the point I know Orangemen who vote for them. Like I said. It is what you want it to be. You want to label one section of the society in a negative manor for the actions of a few the same way Steve apparently does about another section of society. You're no better pal, despite the moral high ground you've taken.

stupot07

More fool me, perhaps?

Yes some do, tbh Steve doesn't come across as the sort of person who sits on the computer or his phone retweeting or liking things without thought.

I don't want to get embroiled into this but I agree with the majority on this thread, his position of (former) head of the trust and (current) head of protest group means he is in the public eye and therefore if what people have suggested is true his position is untenable.

If I retweeted that stuff, and someone from my work saw it, I would likely be facing disciplinary action.

Last edited:

Otis

Yes some do, tbh Steve doesn't come across as the sort of person who sits on the computer or his phone retweeting or liking things without thought.

I don't want to get embroiled into this but I agree with the majority on this thread, his position of (former) head of the trust and (current) head of protest group means he has is in the public light and therefore if what people have suggested is true his position is untenable.

If I retweeted that stuff, and someone from my work saw it, I would likely be facing disciplinary action.

Hmm, yes.

Thought I would just check the Hastings and The Support Refugee Campaign post my sister-in-law asked me to like on Facebook some months ago and it does after ask me to support the campaign it, but it also then says 'p.s. let's castrate every male Muslim child over the age of 13.'

That'll teach me.

Liquid Gold

Oh I've read it all now, no wonder it got into so many pages.

Guy should resign and never hold any position in any of our fan groups ever again. Racism is abhorrent and should be condemned at every opportunity and any cost.

Those who are defending his views or are suggesting this is some sort of distraction from the point of march need to have a look. We would be best rid of people like this, our protest groups should come across squeaky clean if we're attacking sisu for being dodgy.

Finally to the guy who said I know him and he's not racist, I've got news for you!

Otis

Oh I've read it all now, no wonder it got into so many pages.

Guy should resign and never hold any position in any of our fan groups ever again. Racism is abhorrent and should be condemned at every opportunity and any cost.

Those who are defending his views or are suggesting this is some sort of distraction from the point of march need to have a look. We would be best rid of people like this, our protest groups should come across squeaky clean if we're attacking sisu for being dodgy.

Finally to the guy who said I know him and he's not racist, I've got news for you!
Sometimes you don't know your friends at all do you.

If there are many posts of this nature as has been stated, it does seemingly quite clearly point to a racist standpoint.

I knew Steve for 2-3 years a number of years ago. Never, ever saw any of these views manifest, but then we never ever talked race, politics or religion.

If he was my mate I would be totally taking him to task over these views.

If that's what he believes then I wouldn't want a friend who thought like that around me at all.

Monners

Myself and my family know all about the IRA. They burnt my aunts house to the ground with two dogs in it. So do I go around labeling all Irish Catholics dog murdering arsonist? No, I don't. Because I'm not an idiot. I too know orange men. I have uncles who are proud orange men and also proud grandfathers to catholic grandchildren, catholic grandchildren who also go and cheer their grandfather along as he's marching through the streets with his bowler hat and sash on. I know orange men who do the weekly shop for their elderly catholic neighbours, who get involved in cross religion community projects and much much more. But according to you they're all nasty bastards. I also know councillors who are ex IRA men turned politicians who serve their entire community regardless of faith well to the point I know Orangemen who vote for them. Like I said. It is what you want it to be. You want to label one section of the society in a negative manor for the actions of a few the same way Steve apparently does about another section of society. You're no better pal, despite the moral high ground you've taken.
I am bette - I am not a racist. And by the way I have similar stories on fire bombing (Aunts car dealership) . My mother being treated as a second class citizen by the people you choose to defend when she moved to Scotland I could go on, but you wouldn't understand. Morale highground - moron

Liquid Gold

Sometimes you don't know your friends at all do you.

If there are many posts of this nature as has been stated, it does seemingly quite clearly point to a racist standpoint.

I knew Steve for 2-3 years a number of years ago. Never, ever saw any of these views manifest, but then we never ever talked race, politics or religion.

If he was my mate I would be totally taking him to task over these views.

If that's what he believes then I wouldn't want a friend who thought like that around me at all.

I'd know, give me a couple of pints and I turn into Lenin, I'm sure that would get it out of them.

theferret

I'd know, give me a couple of pints and I turn into Lenin, I'm sure that would get it out of them.

You turn into a man responsible for Red Terror and the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent people? Not sure that would help. Just sayin.

*note, I'm being mischievious, but an odd thng to say nonetheless.

Liquid Gold

You turn into a man responsible for Red Terror and the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent people? Not sure that would help. Just sayin.

*note, I'm being mischievious, but an odd thng to say nonetheless.

Well I actually meant the sort of person to get on a soap box and sprout politics to the masses. You've ruined it by being "mischievous" and making me explain things to you.

You're not an actual ferret are you seeing as you take things so painfully literal?

theferret

Well I actually meant the sort of person to get on a soap box and sprout politics to the masses. You've ruined it by being "mischievous" and making me explain things to you.

You're not an actual ferret are you seeing as you take things so painfully literal?

Point taken. I think this thread has numbed my senses so much that I have been rendered a half-wit. Hopefully it is temporary.

...please excuse me while I diappear into a corner and have a quiet word with myself.

Irish Sky Blue

just read the trust website, lol going past cherrytree to pick up those that cannot walk! :)

or going past pub to pick up pissheads to chant sisu out and be aggressive more like

You said similar things about the Trust open meetings being full of Chavs which is completely untrue. Did you go on the two marches from Gosford Green to Broadgate? If you did you would know that these marches were boisterous and loud but were not violent or aggressive in a nasty way. Why should this march be any different? Why are you trying to undermine genuine CCFC supporters who are doing what they can to draw attention to our plight. What do you suggest people do to show their discontent with Sisu? Simply give up and quietly walk away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread