Cancel the boycott (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Covstu

So your opinion is superior to mine? You don't know and neither do I. It was my opinion. and if you think new owners that actually invest in the team wouldn't get fan backing.. Then I'd say it's you that's delusional mate.
Yes mine is superior thanks. Joking aside history tells us that we will have a wee peak and then drop back again

Sky Blue Kid

2005-2006 season....
Coventry City

Min gate16,156.........Max gate26,851.........Average gate21,169......Total season gate 486,908

2006-2007 season...

Coventry City Total gates...467.877 Average gate 20.342

2007-2008 season...
Coventry City

Min gate14,036.......Max gate27,992.......Average gate19,123.....Total gate439,832
You were saying about average gates for CCFC in the third division being 15k....
we pissed all over that figure in the 60's....
Most importantly, on the pitch the team delivered. In 1963, after a feverish FA Cup run, City lost out in the quarter-finals to Manchester United, but the following season were champions of Division 3, boasting average crowds of 26,000.
Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/club/history/index.aspx#Taa1hzi5lYRKsVrb.99

That being a City with approx 80-100k less people living there.

martcov

2005-2006 season....
Coventry City

Min gate16,156.........Max gate26,851.........Average gate21,169......Total season gate 486,908

2006-2007 season...

2007-2008 season...
Coventry City

Min gate14,036.......Max gate27,992.......Average gate19,123.....Total gate439,832
You were saying about average gates for CCFC in the third division being 15k....
Most importantly, on the pitch the team delivered. In 1963, after a feverish FA Cup run, City lost out in the quarter-finals to Manchester United, but the following season were champions of Division 3, boasting average crowds of 26,000.

Those were great days. No doubt about it. There was no internet, no smartphones, no premiere league and champions league on TV in the 60s ( as competition to a third division team ). The start of the Ricoh was optimistic - I believe CCFC said we were going to make a fortress. It never happened. We have had years of crap. The "great brand" as Fisher calls it, has been badly damaged. People have found other things to do and follow top quality football on TV or in the pub. If we have success some will come back, but it will take years before we get back to the good old days - if we ever do. Basically we will have to get to the premiere league to get the brand back to where it was ( even then we had some poor attendances in the Premiere League ).

And, just as important, we need someone with personality to start the ball rolling and then stick with it.

dongonzalos

It's too late to cancel now I assume.
However a march tomorrow plus a full house followed by a boycott of a home cup match on another day would get far more attention

dongonzalos

A
2005-2006 season....
Coventry City

2006-2007 season...

2007-2008 season...
Coventry City

An average of 21k shows why the Butts would have to be 25k minimum.
The location of that place would add 2-3k on its own!!!

Covstu

2005-2006 season....
Coventry City

2006-2007 season...

2007-2008 season...
Coventry City

Yes and Jimmy hill is going to manage the team again. Fuck me you are delusional!!

georgehudson

having enjoyed the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's &90's following CCFC & with mixed feelings the 00's
& with feelings of utter disappointment at our present state,
i hope to be able to make the march, what really saddens me though,
are the number of posters who are adopting the 'i'm holier than thou' approach,
LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE,
btw, it certainly wouldn't be me,
forgive me father for i have sinned,
& am not proud of it,
but then again i'm not holding myself up as a paragon of virtue

georgehudson

twas in the 60's & 70's that we (CCFC), took thousands to away games, allover England,
e.g.'s
Walsall @ Fellowes Park, avge gate, 2,000 - when CCFC were in town 10,000;
Millwall @ the den avge gate, 2,500, when CCFC were in town 14,000
Crystal Palace @ Selhurst Pk, avge gate 6,000, When CCFCwere in town 12,500
home reserve games attracting 5 figures,
i am proud & privileged to have actually been there,
home matches that were continual sell-outs,
& all because JH & CCFC put the fans in 1st place;
it's a sad indictment, but, imho,, Messrs Fisher & Sepalla have to read it & weep,
HERE'S WHAT YOU COULD HAVE WON

letsallsingtogether

There's one thing defending a friend... There's another being in complete denial.

The fact you appear to condone his retweets says a lot about you.
Says nothing about me I haven't read them as I do not twItteringham account.
I also Know Steve very well and all this shit is new to me.
You on the other hand feel great jumping on this morale bandwagon picking bullying and ganging up on one poster.
Sorry makes the rest of you no better.
I have always hated bullies since I was at school, I hope it never happens to you lot but hey carry on to get what you all want.
It won't change anything just make the cause more robust thank you all for that.

From what I have read else where the call to arms against our gracefull owners has become stronger Thank You all for that also.
AndreasB has upset one to many people and has been exposed for who they really are. Funny how things turn around I like AndreasB will hold on to that and use it when the right time comes along.
So for now good night all until next time.

Grendel

A

An average of 21k shows why the Butts would have to be 25k minimum.
The location of that place would add 2-3k on its own!!!

Try checking gates over 40 years

Ian1779

You on the other hand feel great jumping on this morale bandwagon picking bullying and ganging up on one poster.
I have always hated bullies since I was at school, I hope it never happens to you lot but hey carry on to get what you all want.
It won't change anything just make the cause more robust thank you all for that.

You have the gall to call us bullies yet you blindly back someone who it would appear is a bully by definition of his inappropriate views concerning racism and intolerance.

If you are naive enough to think this calling out of Steve will unite the cause further you truly are deluded. If someone decides to get hold of this information and use it against the fans actions it will totally destroy the credibility of this protest, and the fans group behind it.

letsallsingtogether

It's too late to cancel now I assume.
However a march tomorrow plus a full house followed by a boycott of a home cup match on another day would get far more attention

Full house now that was talked about and then we binned it.
You can't give tickets away never mind trying to get your customers to buy something they don't want.
Sorry but unless you are a die hard City fan people have given up, that is one job Sisu have done well, credit where credits due, thanks for that Sisu now fuck off your not wanted by the majority.
The rest can keep sucking, things won't get better no matter how they try to spin it.

letsallsingtogether

You have the gall to call us bullies yet you blindly back someone who it would appear is a bully by definition of his inappropriate views concerning racism and intolerance.

If you are naive enough to think this calling out of Steve will unite the cause further you truly are deluded. If someone decides to get hold of this information and use it against the fans actions it will totally destroy the credibility of this protest, and the fans group behind it.
Yes bullies.
Sorry Mr perfect if I have hurt your feelings.
you talk of racism I have had more then my fair share over 50 years so don't come that shit with me.
Sorry but I see the intolerance in people just like yourself have heard the remarks made about the polish and other European migrants, funny but have never heard Steve make any of these.
And coming from an Eastern European family born in this country I take it with a pinch of salt.
My own Mother and father having the piss taken out of them for speaking poor English, being shunned given all the shitty jobs most of you wouldn't even entertain.
so yes I reserve the right to take people how I see them.

martcov

Yes bullies.
Sorry Mr perfect if I have hurt your feelings.
you talk of racism I have had more then my fair share over 50 years so don't come that shit with me.
Sorry but I see the intolerance in people just like yourself have heard the remarks made about the polish and other European migrants, funny but have never heard Steve make any of these.
And coming from an Eastern European family born in this country I take it with a pinch of salt.
My own Mother and father having the piss taken out of them for speaking poor English, being shunned given all the shitty jobs most of you wouldn't even entertain.
so yes I reserve the right to take people how I see them.

The people who say disparaging things about immigrants- especially Eastern European immigrants and even more so since the Brexit vote - are the people like Britain First who Steve follows.

How would these people view your parents if they arrived today?

The objections of most on here are about his position as leader or coordinator of a non political movement. Having these views ( it would appear ) and retweeting them does not go hand in hand with leading a non political movement.

It could tarnish the movement.

If he hadn't put himself in the limelight no one would even know let alone be mentioning it on here.

Pointing this out and, as some have done, suggesting he steps down and out of the limelight whilst working in the background is not bullying.

If you want to see real bullies, view some of the EDL Tommy Robinson demonstrations. If you want to see Nazis holding banners and shouting at people, look at the Pegida demonstrations in Germany. If you want to hear Goebels 1930s speeches in a cover version watch some AfD or Pegida speakers.

If you want to know where this all could end up ( unlikely but possible), remember what your father told you about.

But, enjoy the march and let's hope something positive comes out of it.

Ian1779

Sorry but I see the intolerance in people just like yourself.
You don't know me, and in all likelihood we may never have even met, so don't presume to tell me about the 'intolerance' that you see in me. I challenge you to find a single shred of evidence of my intolerance... Which you will fail to find, unlike your 'friend' you have rushed on here to defend.

This argument isn't about you, or your personal experiences - it's about the fact that many people on this message board hate intolerance, racism and prejudice. Your mate has demonstrated that he is happy to share this kind of material. That's what many are unhappy about - not sure why you can't see that.

AndreasB

From what I have read else where the call to arms against our gracefull owners has become stronger Thank You all for that also.
AndreasB has upset one to many people and has been exposed for who they really are. Funny how things turn around I like AndreasB will hold on to that and use it when the right time comes along.
So for now good night all until next time.

Only person exposed for who you really are is you. "I haven't read twitter but don't believe it". In a post truth world , you actually get away with denying facts lots have people have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndreasB

Oh, and I have never tried to damage the March today (just Steves suitability for being its figurehead) I wish it all the best although not convinced it will be very effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torchomatic

No
I'd say he's a mixture of naive but
more importantly HONEST about his opinions, views and what motivates him.

Not that honest as he's deleted it all now.

Otis

Not that honest as he's deleted it all now.
Why delete them? By all means make your account private if you want, but deleting loads of stuff kind of points to some sort of feeling of guilt doesn't it?

If it's what he believes, it's what he believes and his entitled to hold his own opinions.

What I would rather in this world though is, instead of people just deleting contentious stuff, or footballers saying homophobic rants on Twitter were many years ago, as some kind of excuse, that they didn't have these views in the first place.

Would much rather Steve had the courage to defend his views.

Ban the Burka and campaigning against Sharia law is one thing. Painting Muslims as paedophiles and all potential terrorists is quite something else.

Would rather debate the issues and try and get people to see reason than have them just delete things and go into a sort of virtual hibernation.

Nick

Administrator
Is it safe to say that everybody who is going to comment on this has had their say?

Before this ends up going on for weeks

Otis

Is it safe to say that everybody who is going to comment on this has had their say?

Before this ends up going on for weeks
Yes, agree, Nick.

Think we may now go round in circles. Could it maybe closed but left up, rather than deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread