Cardiff Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Como

At least we can now concentrate on the league and avoiding relegation.

Sad game when it is probably the only time this season CCFC will have a world wide televised audience.

Brighton Sky Blue

At least we can now concentrate on the league and avoiding relegation.

Sad game when it is probably the only time this season CCFC will have a world wide televised audience.

There is also the FA Cup and JPT. Even the pundits were laughing at us this evening...

turlykerd

There is also the FA Cup and JPT. Even the pundits were laughing at us this evening...

i was laughing from around the 30minute mark

the kinda laughing out loud but crying deep inside laugh , that manic, crazy oh..my...god, what the fuck is this im watching laugh..
the "ive just won a million pounds and as im off to collect it, my arm gets severed off in the very nearly fatal car accident"kinda laugh.

James Smith

Had to come home and go to bed with the radio on instead of going to watch the match with a mate at the pub because I've been running a temperature all day and feeling exhausted. I've just woken up and seen the score which is more than a bit disappointing especially because we scored an own goal (and I don't mean playing at Sixfields). Having a good cup run would have been nice but but the league position is more important in my opinion. Hopefully we'll get our first win against the Blades on Saturday.
PUSB

Jesus Christ !!! You've studied the game and you'd actually start with McQuoid what did you study fucking champ manager he's bloody awful and at best will manage ten goals. Won't disagree with the formation though and dropping Webster (not hid my feelings on him), calling a formation change ain't hard after what we've seen.

McQuoid will not score 10 goals this season. Haynes should start the next match.

bigfatronssba

Went up the hill tonight as I walked up to the ground I saw a sorry state of a ground.
Couldn't stop laughing that some would actually pay to go into that place.

Spoke to Nigel tonight he was phoned up by Fisher and offered 2 Free tickets to the game.
Fair play to him told them to F Off and came on the hill.
Cracking atmosphere from the hill tonight never stopped for the whole game.

All 156 off us all ages many virgins to the hill well done to you all and well done to the Cardiff fans for joining in the protests. shame more of our own didn't care enough to join in from inside.

Oh and as for the game the less said the better on to forget me thinks.......

That must be wrong as so many on here are adamant that freebies don't get given out ;)

RoboCCFC90

Excellent video shame you never videoed the home fans joining in Oh yes only a hand full at the front joined in fuckin disgrace.

There were City fans near the Cardiff fans who sang all night and protested and actually started the Cardiff protest just for what it's worth.

bigfatronssba

There were City fans near the Cardiff fans who sang all night and protested and actually started the Cardiff protest just for what it's worth.

Shame they were able to spur the Cardiff fans into action but not the rest of our own.

lewys33

I knew you would be involved in that lot in the corner! Fair play. Could see you guys protest but it was a little dissapointing to see hardly any others. I would say easilly less than half!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
[video=youtube;2tMUszmCITY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tMUszmCITY[/video]

Why have the nauseating sound of bloody bagpipes? Must be the worst sounding instrument in the world! Drums and trumpets would have been better!

LJC_CCFC

Lolling at the fact Ryan Haynes puts one decent ball in and some of you think he's worthy of a starting spot ahead of Pugh

ajsccfc

I only half-watched the first half but it seemed to be a lot of nothing and thank God Cardiff were profligate. The second had its worries but also encouraging signs. Finch and Haynes were a bit hesitant and got turned a little easy, but inexperience can excuse that and both also had some very good moments. From the midfield on I only really recognised Fleck, but we showed some ability with keeping hold of the ball as well as picking out targets, with a few instances of cheap concession along the way. Miller looked very bright.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Lolling at the fact Ryan Haynes puts one decent ball in and some of you think he's worthy of a starting spot ahead of Pugh

Lolling? Is that a new word? What does it mean? Please explain.

stupot07

I think we also have to acknowledge that this was a much weakened Cardiff side only 3 players played in the championship fixture at the weekend. And for a good 65 mins that second string cardiff side dominated without getting out of 2nd gear.

Buster

Liked what i saw when Ryan filled in at left back at the Ricoh . Liked his composure and he seemed to know when to go forward and when to hold . Presley was asked about him after the game but i thought he skipped the question and moved on to other players

duffer

True, let his marker get the better of him and consequently scored an own goal.

Hmm. Before you start lolling, you might just want to take a look at that goal again.

That OG was actually the result of an error on the other side of the pitch. High ball up the line, which our right-back/wing-back misjudges, gets caught under and flicks on. The whole defence is now turned and running back towards goal, full pace, whilst their left mid has time to run on unchallenged and then drill one across the six yard box. Haynes is actually in a pretty decent position at this point; the correct side of the attacker with relation to the cross, and touch tight - but because he's running back full tilt it's going to be hard to do anything except push it towards goal. I'd still rather he tried, because at least he's trying to disrupt, whilst the attacker on his shoulder is trying to score.

Most people who've played and/or watched the game know how dangerous that ball is, and how difficult it is to defend. That's why you try not to get caught having to defend them. Far better defenders than Haynes would have done the same thing, or worse, been on their heels and five yards behind the attacker watching him knock it in. If you're pulling his performance apart based on that OG then politely, I don't think you've got your analysis quite right.

LJC_CCFC

Hmm. Before you start lolling, you might just want to take a look at that goal again.

That OG was actually the result of an error on the other side of the pitch. High ball up the line, which our right-back/wing-back misjudges, gets caught under and flicks on. The whole defence is now turned and running back towards goal, full pace, whilst their left mid has time to run on unchallenged and then drill one across the six yard box. Haynes is actually in a pretty decent position at this point; the correct side of the attacker with relation to the cross, and touch tight - but because he's running back full tilt it's going to be hard to do anything except push it towards goal. I'd still rather he tried, because at least he's trying to disrupt, whilst the attacker on his shoulder is trying to score.

Most people who've played and/or watched the game know how dangerous that ball is, and how difficult it is to defend. That's why you try not to get caught having to defend them. Far better defenders than Haynes would have done the same thing, or worse, been on their heels and five yards behind the attacker watching him knock it in. If you're pulling his performance apart based on that OG then politely, I don't think you've got your analysis quite right.

Wasn't pulling his performance apart at all, just bemused at people calling for him to play ahead of Pugh

duffer

Wasn't pulling his performance apart at all, just bemused at people calling for him to play ahead of Pugh

From what I saw last night, I'm not surprised. We had more creativity from the left when Haynes was there. I've no problem with Pugh fwiw, but on the evidence of last night, and assuming SP sticks with the same formation, I'd say that Haynes offered more. All mho, as ever.

stupot07

From what I saw last night, I'm not surprised. We had more creativity from the left when Haynes was there. I've no problem with Pugh fwiw, but on the evidence of last night, and assuming SP sticks with the same formation, I'd say that Haynes offered more. All mho, as ever.

To be fair though duffer, the whole team played poor and were on the back foot for the first 70 minutes, had Haynes started and Pugh came on for the last 30 mins we would probably be saying the same about Pugh. Haynes played well, but he also played during the 15-20 mins when we as a team actually played quite well and had 2 strikers on the pitch.

duffer

To be fair though duffer, the whole team played poor and were on the back foot for the first 70 minutes, had Haynes started and Pugh came on for the last 30 mins we would probably be saying the same about Pugh. Haynes played well, but he also played during the 15-20 mins when we as a team actually played quite well and had 2 strikers on the pitch.

Yep, take your point - you could also say he's playing against players who were more tired. However, as I saw it he did little wrong, and offered more than Pugh. Accepted, it could well be that if the roles were reversed we'd be talking about Pugh taking Haynes place in the starting line up. Into the balance though, if you were being really harsh on him, would be the fact that (edit: at least one of) Bradford's goals on Saturday came from a cross from Pugh's side (iirc).

It's one for the manager really, it could be that Haynes is better as an impact sub. But I think the one thing I didn't agree with is the suggestion that replacing Pugh with Haynes is somehow laughable - to me it's a pretty tight call.

Last edited:

LJC_CCFC

Yep, take your point - you could also say he's playing against players who were more tired. However, as I saw it he did little wrong, and offered more than Pugh. Accepted, it could well be that if the roles were reversed we'd be talking about Pugh taking Haynes place in the starting line up. Into the balance though, if you were being really harsh on him, would be the fact that Bradford's goal on Saturday came from a cross from Pugh's side (iirc).

It's one for the manager really, it could be that Haynes is better as an impact sub. But I think the one thing I didn't agree with is the suggestion that replacing Pugh with Haynes is somehow laughable - to me it's a pretty tight call.

Danny Pugh - Hundreds of games for Preston, Stoke and Leeds at a higher level

Ryan Haynes - Looks like a ghost

Yeah, pretty tight tbh

duffer

Yeah, pretty tight tbh

Now that's risible (posh word for LOL).

I thought you knew something about football. What does looking a bit pale have to do with it. Or the hundreds of appearances for Pugh. What matters is what he's doing now, which is made two appearances on a losing team. If you're saying something is laughable, on the pretence on a better understanding, then back it up mate. For all of the facts and figures I wonder if you actually bother to watch what goes on in a game.

Greggs

Yeah, pretty tight tbh

:claping hands:But one on his way down and one on his way up. We will see where each is plying his trade in 3 years, Haynes has huge potential.

LJC_CCFC

Now that's risible (posh word for LOL).

I thought you knew something about football. What does looking a bit pale have to do with it. Or the hundreds of appearances for Pugh. What matters is what he's doing now, which is made two appearances on a losing team. If you're saying something is laughable, on the pretence on a better understanding, then back it up mate. For all of the facts and figures I wonder if you actually bother to watch what goes on in a game.

For me it is laughable, for starters the reason we've lost both games isn't down to who's playing at left wing back. It's due to the formation as I've previously said.

I'm not doubting any potential Haynes may have, yes he put a couple of decent balls in, but he also over zealously dived into a challenge in the box allowing Maynard to get past him. He was also playing the last 20 minutes of a game (In which we finally threw a few more bodies forward) against a youth right back making his debut.

As for Pugh his appearances prove he's well capable of performing at this level. Despite playing out of position at left wing back he set up both goals against Bradford, let him play at left back in a 4-4-2 and his defensive qualities will shine through.

To make a generalisation such as 'Pugh shouldn't be playing as the team have lost both games he's played in' is ludicrous, it would be like me saying 'Well if Haynes didn't score the OG then we'd have drawn the game'

I'm not all about facts and figures, I have a decent understanding of the game. I watch and give my opinion

SIR ERNIE

For me it is laughable, for starters the reason we've lost both games isn't down to who's playing at left wing back. It's due to the formation as I've previously said....

...I'm not all about facts and figures, I have a decent understanding of the game. I watch and give my opinion

If you seriously believe that we've lost both games due to our formation then I would argue you don't 'have a decent understanding of the game'.

I believe you will come to realise over the next four or five weeks that our squad is woefully weak and devoid of quality in several key areas.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread