Transfer Rumour #CARLBAKERDAY (1 Viewer)

Bristol sky blue

Am in disbelief about some fans see him as a 'messiah' ...

I am not disputing that he is a committed player with a lot of technical ability for L2, but he is well past his best now. I suspect Kenny Jackett moved him into the middle because he was not providing as much of a threat down the flank, which is what we need, service from the wing (when he is on form JJ does provide this down one side).

(Mind you, with the way Liam Kelly takes corners, maybe he might be worth having after all!)

Nick

Administrator

I am not disputing that he is a committed player with a lot of technical ability for L2, but he is well past his best now. I suspect Kenny Jackett moved him into the middle because he was not providing as much of a threat down the flank, which is what we need, service from the wing (when he is on form JJ does provide this down one side).

(Mind you, with the way Liam Kelly takes corners, maybe he might be worth having after all!)

Unless we let Andreu take them.... Think people seem to forget about him when shouting about Baker.

Nick

Administrator
I should really leave it open just so we know who all of the people with "inside knowledge" are.

Grendel

"How far we have fallen examples"

1. People in tears we haven't re-signed a 34 year old journeyman who had at best 1 and a half good seasons when he was last here.

Otis

On the horizon? So it IS India!!!!!

Unless this is another lottery win quip and he means Bordesley Green.

Captain Dart

Covstu

1. People in tears we haven't re-signed a 34 year old journeyman who had at best 1 and a half good seasons when he was last here.
don't forget he is nice on facebook to people surely that counts for something?

Captain Dart

steve82

Interesting you highlight only Liam Kelly on corner duty, JJ is by far worse.
Kelly at least gets his in the box, with JJ the 5'5" bloke in the opposition mops up JJ's corners as he fails to beat the first man.

Andreu is our best corner taker followed by Kelly in a distant second.

scubasteve

Indian league only runs from October till December, so a quick pay day for him. It wouldn't surprise me if he signs in January, robins did say our paths may cross in the future, at least this thread can resurrected in December.

Nick

Administrator
Indian league only runs from October till December, so a quick pay day for him. It wouldn't surprise me if he signs in January, robins did say our paths may cross in the future, at least this thread can resurrected in December.

Just like the last older fella we got from Kerrala Blasters in a panic in January ;)

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
So Baker made the most of his connections to local media to suggest he would love to return for the second year running only to spurn us for a better offer?

Doesn't that mean he is exactly the same as James Collins?
Wasn't it the telegraph source who said that and he denied it?

Liquid Gold

Can't even compete with the Indian league #SHFWF

हम आपको बेकर से प्यार करते हैं

skybluetony176

One and a half good seasons you say. That'll be good enough to earn him our player of the decade. You heard it here first folks. Grendull has declared that Baker is our player of the decade. Never saw that coming.

bawtryneal

The 2017/2018 season runs from October to March as it has expanded to 10 franchisees.

Users who are viewing this thread