Transfer Rumour #CARLBAKERDAY (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

'Age ain't nothing but a number'

R. Kelly. Wise man, although he did piss on an underage girl on camera so I'm not sure if Baker will be a success.

covcity4life

it would be come if he came back just to see the people who took piss by saying #carlbakerday sarcastically all the time kiss his arse when he comes back.

Rich

it would be come if he came back just to see the people who took piss by saying #carlbakerday sarcastically all the time kiss his arse when he comes back.
giphy.gif

steve82

Squad still needs a set piece man, especially now we have the height of Vincenti and Biamou up top who have and can get goals from set pieces.
Not sure if Carl would be the answer but he ticks that box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfc_Tom

Squad still needs a set piece man, especially now we have the height of Vincenti and Biamou up top who have and can get goals from set pieces.

I think camwell is a set piece taker? i saw him score a sick free kick from about 40 yards in an u23 game i think it was

steve82

I think camwell is a set piece taker? i saw him score a sick free kick from about 40 yards in an u23 game i think it was

That's good, likely not one to impact this year tho in the first team with stokes likely ahead of him and Haynes.

no_loyalty

Honestly a right load of bollox by Telegraph-led by Bakers agent to force a move.

We don't need Baker.

Passed it and definitely NOT the future of Skyblues.

I honestly don't understand the fervour devoted to this man.

PUSB SOTV IMCH NOAM (Not One Acronym More)

Spoil sport, I thought we all liked a bit of Baker love?

skybluedan

'Age ain't nothing but a number'

R. Kelly. Wise man, although he did piss on an underage girl on camera so I'm not sure if Baker will be a success.

He pissed on a underage girl? I knew right back when he was on game for a laugh and stars in there eyes he was a freak

covcity4life

Not signed yet as he? I'm guessing he's still here on trial and likely have a run out at Sutton or Tamworth if we're really interested

Yeah just talking aboit potential scenarios

Losijg bigi was gutting and i habe a feeling MR feels the same way. We would have a really solid 4 cms in first team squad had he stayed

torchomatic

I presume 'sick' means very good?

steve82

Yeah just talking aboit potential scenarios

Losijg bigi was gutting and i habe a feeling MR feels the same way. We would have a really solid 4 cms in first team squad had he stayed

I think from the comments from MR he had a very string feeling he was off so went and got Liam Kelly in early doors to cover any such scenario so I think MR is still happy with summer recruitment in the middle of the park.

I don't get the impression us having Bigi, Doyle, Stevenson and Kelly was never on the cards.

Skyblueweeman

I thought he was horrendously inconsistent with his set piece deliveries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grendel

How far this club has fallen nonsense can be summed up by the obsession with some by a low league journeyman like Baker. An abject failure in the league he was signed to perform in and ended up performing for one and a half seasons.

A championship flop using social media to try and stop his long distance journey to work.

No thanks.

Sky Blue Harry H

How far this club has fallen nonsense can be summed up by the obsession with some by a low league journeyman like Baker. An abject failure in the league he was signed to perform in and ended up performing for one and a half seasons.

A championship flop using social media to try and stop his long distance journey to work.

No thanks.

This boy's not for turning

Sky Blue Harry H

By the way Grendel, I'm halfway through knitting you a 'Ryan Haynes, The Ginger Ninja' scarf. It was going to be a half and half scarf with Bigi (but that ship has sailed):rolleyes:

ajsccfc

Big Hollywood stars have stories made up about them all the time and yet don't acknowledge them. This seems like no smoke without fire WELCUM HOME SKIP XXXX

Sky Blue Harry H

Interestingly MR at the kit launch said that delivery of set pieces was terrible last season.

I don't think Baker the answer tho.

PUSB SOTV IMCH NOAM (Not One Acronym More)

Out of 10 outfield players there ought to be at least a couple of players who are competent at this. It is an important weapon and yet you do wonder sometimes whether our lot were a bit like on the school field, where the first/or biggest kid to grab the ball and said 'I'm having this' prevailed. It was patently obvious to all who saw him last year that Bigi was below average when it came to taking a free kick, yet nobody seemed to do anything about it - I found it odd, to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

ajsccfc

I can't remember too much success in the way of free kicks for us. Joe Cole scored that peach and I remember Leon Best firing one through the wall away somewhere, was it Sammy Clingan who got a few as well?

Nick

Administrator
Yousef Safri at HR. I don't think it could have been any more top corner.

I just associate our set pieces with either not beating the first man or going out the other side nowadays though.

I've never understood why Stevenson doesn't take them, we have seen he has the technique for shots like that but instead it's usually somebody like Bigi wrestling for the ball and making a big deal out of it to then hit the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread