Carlo - I'm going nowhere (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Chelsea+Training+Press+Conference+NjCCiCipDsel.jpg
Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has denied reports that he is considering his future at Stamford Bridge.
The defending Premier League champions and FA Cup winners were forced to dismiss suggestions that the Italian had resigned on Sunday night amid growing uncertainty in West London.
It had been reported that Ancelotti, who is under contract until the summer of 2012, was frustrated after admitting in the wake of Saturday's defeat at Birmingham, which marked a third loss in four games, that he did not have total control of his team.
Owner Roman Abramovich recently decided to surprisingly sack Ancelotti's former assistant, Ray Wilkins,
spacer.gif
and promoted ex-chief scout Michael Emenalo as a replacement.
It was understood that Ancelotti was left disillusioned by Wilkins' dismissal and that he had contacted the League Managers' Association regarding his Chelsea job, but the former AC Milan boss has revealed that it was in fact the LMA that contacted him.
Confidence

He told a press conference on Monday ahead of Tuesday's UEFA Champions League meeting with MSK Zilina: "I don't know if it's enough to clarify my position today to close these rumours and speculation.
"These rumours are totally untrue. I don't know why they came out. I didn't speak with the LMA. They called me last night when I was at home, quiet, to find out what was happening.
"These rumours are totally untrue. I have my contract until 2012, here, in this club. I've said a lot of times that I'd like to stay here.
"I love not just this club, but these players. I have a lot of confidence in these players, in this squad, so there's no reason to change my ideas. I don't know if this is enough to speak about all this.
"I think that when the team don't reach the right results, obviously the coach is under pressure. Obviously I am under pressure because I'd like Chelsea to win every game, but just this.
"I am focused on my job and to give my team, my club ... to make us play better than we are at this moment. Just this."

Users who are viewing this thread