CCFC Deadline Day Deals (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

With RCC and Pearson being dumped that potentially opens up 2 slots for players to come in.

I'm sure there will be some other youth players leaving on loan.

Nick

Administrator
Was to be expected really that RCC would go out, he hasn't even been playing the U23.

Although they have Vigouroux so will he be first choice there either?

Nick

Administrator
Coventry City have rejected a transfer bid for attacking midfielder Jodi Jones from Oxford United - the Telegraph understands.

The U's are reportedly trying to lure City's top goalscorer away from the Ricoh Arena, but it is understood that their first bid has been turned down by the Sky Blues hierarchy.
City value the 19-year-old around the £1.5m mark, but United's opening offer fell short of that figure.

skybluepm2

Nah its times like this where you need to strengthen. Would try and find players like Joe Cole, Peter Ramage, Steven Hunt

I think these types of players would be more suited to the January window, to cement our grip on the title after we smash the first half of the season.

hill83

Telegraph understands

200.gif

Although I was expecting an offer for Jones to be coming in.

skybluepm2

Isn't it only free agents released by today we can sign? ie we couldn't go to Pompey for Baker if he is still their player tomorrow and ask for him for free?

Yeah only unattached as of today. If baker is released at any point before the deadline I'm pretty sure we could still do a deal with him tomorrow if we wanted to.

Greggs

If true, i wouldn't be bothered if we sold Jodi 'one good game in ten' Jones. As long as it was invested in a powerful centre forward.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah only unattached as of today. If baker is released at any point before the deadline I'm pretty sure we could still do a deal with him tomorrow if we wanted to.

Yeah, although if they didn't release him until tomorrow he would be screwed until January.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think Jones for Baker would be a decent move. Might be a bit of experience but on 80 minutes who is going to run at defenders?

Nick

Administrator
Saying that, we managed not to sell Willis and Stevenson in January.

I was expecting more interest in those 2 over the summer though, unless they are going to be the ones with no rumours and just gone.

chiefdave

Having Jones for 60 -70 minutes then Baker on the bench to bring on would work for me but replacing Jones with Baker no way.

What's going to be the kick in the teeth shortly before the deadline followed by 'we didn't have time to get a replacement in'?

Esoterica

Wonder if the bid for Jones was what Robins was referring to when he said 'We might have won the lottery'.

Nick

Administrator
Having Jones for 60 -70 minutes then Baker on the bench to bring on would work for me but replacing Jones with Baker no way.

What's going to be the kick in the teeth shortly before the deadline followed by 'we didn't have time to get a replacement in'?

That's the thing, you would think if he says that the other day him and Tommy W are working overtime to get a plan in place so if a deal does happen late it just takes a phone call and things at our end slot into place.

Warwickhunt

well we have ask what did MR mean we may have won the lottery! £1.5 million is a lottery Win if you ask me

Nick

Administrator
well we have ask what did MR mean we may have won the lottery! £1.5 million is a lottery Win if you ask me

That's only if the other club wants to pay that valuation though.

It doesn't look as if Oxford have sold any players for big money so far, unless they have some in the pipeline.

Users who are viewing this thread