CCFC Deadline Day Deals (1 Viewer)

Esoterica

The club really are being a tease after that last tweet. Waiting a lifetime...
It's like babestation when the money runs out. Do I keep paying in the hope that something will happen, or do I just switch off and go to the pub?
All the earlier talk of Jodi Jones leaving, now you with babestation - I'd always thought JJ reminded me of a young someone but could never think who.
JJ.jpg RonJ.jpg

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

There was a rumour that we were going to try to offload Kwame....question is, given his fitness record, who'd want him?
We could send him to a school of medical science for test on how a professional football can't get fit and stay fit !

Nick

Administrator
I wasn't expecting anything at all until Robins said we might have won the lottery.

One out and one in doesn't point to a windfall does it.
No, but he had previously said no room for anybody else unless we won the lottery. I don't think he literally meant millions.

We then paid a fee for somebody and didn't really lose first team players.

Otis

No, but he had previously said no room for anybody else unless we won the lottery. I don't think he literally meant millions.

We then paid a fee for somebody and didn't really lose first team players.
Yeah, get that and I wasn't expecting millions.

He could have worded it better though

Hobo

I wasn't expecting anything at all until Robins said we might have won the lottery.

One out and one in doesn't point to a windfall does it.
The one out was the lottery win to allow one in. You have been banging on about too many keepers. Robins believes he has got a good signing. He either didn't fancy Pearson or thought the wages were too high or both.

Mucca Mad Boys

The 'we might have just won the lottery' comments are now a complete embarrasment.

Dissapointing deadline day to say the least.

Were they? We managed to get a permanent CB in instead of a player who's on non-contract terms - it's an upgrade! Since Carl Baker is now a free agent, we don't have to sign him by the deadline, that is on the assumption both parties are interested.

Houdi

Errm not too sure about that at all. In fact, RCC played every game under Mowbray last season, so 12 in all until TM got sacked/walked away. 10 league games, 2 cup matches.

Surely that very much points to Mowbray preferring Cook and not clearly at all as you alluded.
Oops sorry, yes your right TM did prefer RCC, only excuse was that last season was so forgettable that I thought Burge had started the season. So just 3 of the 4 managers then.But most fans talk of their trust of Robin's judgement,although whether that last too much longer is a mute point, many fans also used to sing Mowbreys praises not that long ago, And yet they don't seem trust his judgement over his choice of goalies.
After all Robins has had several months to directly compare both goalies in training, and he clearly doesn't rate RCC. Like others have remarked he always looked like a frustrated outfield player. At half time at Grimsby he spent the whole time warming up like an outfield player.He always seemed happier with the ball at his feet,than in his hands.Anyway the decision has been made, will be interesting to see how he does at Swindon.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Sorry, but if the outcome of today as it is, were how the lottery comments were intended, then it was always going to wind up an already sensitive fan base.

It's like your missus saying we've won something significant on the lottery. You expect a couple of nice holidays, pay the mortgage off maybe, perhaps even a new car. Instead you come home to a new lawn mower and a pair of hair straighteners. The only good news is that there's just enough left for a few scoops in the City Arms.

It's dissapointing.

vow

Sorry, but if the outcome of today as it is, were how the lottery comments were intended, then it was always going to wind up an already sensitive fan base.

It's like your missus saying we've won something significant on the lottery. You expect a couple of nice holidays, pay the mortgage off maybe, perhaps even a new car. Instead you come home to a new lawn mower and a pair of hair straighteners. The only good news is that there's just enough left for a few scoops in the City Arms.

It's dissapointing.
Ruddles is £1.99 a pint, could buy the whole pub a drink!

Hobo

It's dissapointing.

Dont share your theory with the players

chiefdave

He said after one game there's nobody coming in unless we win the lottery, next game he said we might have won the lottery. Obviously hinting that somebody is coming in.
People weren't really thinking we were going to be spending a fortune did they? I just assumed he was saying it in reference to his previous comment.

Nick

Administrator

It's dissapointing.

No it isn't.

It's like your missus saying you can't go on holiday unless you win the lottery but she gets a bonus at work 3 days later and says "Remember what I said the other day? Well I think we might have won the lottery" clearly meaning you are now going to get a holiday.

He had already made comments about the lottery and that we weren't signing anybody, hence he then referred to it. Then everybody whips up a storm about Baker etc.

Nick

Administrator
People weren't really thinking we were going to be spending a fortune did they? I just assumed he was saying it in reference to his previous comment.

That's the thing, he clearly was just referring to him saying nobody is signing unless we win the lottery.

People seem to have taken it way too literally.

Hobo

You can't beat a bit of irony

Otis

He said after one game there's nobody coming in unless we win the lottery, next game he said we might have won the lottery. Obviously hinting that somebody is coming in.
Clumsy then.

Put simply;

'Unless we win the lottery.'

Then ...

'We may have just won a little bit on the lottery.'

Otis

That's the thing, he clearly was just referring to him saying nobody is signing unless we win the lottery.

People seem to have taken it way too literally.
The thing is, he said 'unless we win the lottery.' We have then since had one player in and one player out.

He simply could have worded it so much better.

Nick

Administrator
But speaking after Saturday's league defeat to Yeovil Town, Robins admitted: "Unless we win the lottery we are unlikely to do anymore business between now and the end of the transfer window."

But following Tuesday night's defeat to Shrewsbury Town in the Checkatrade Trophy, Robins said: "We may have won the lottery.

"The club have been brilliant and they may be able to help me do something.

"We are trying to get something over the line so we'll have to wait and see what happens."

Clearly just referring to that comment saying we are going to sign somebody, after he had ruled it out.

Nick

Administrator
The thing is, he said 'unless we win the lottery.' We have then since had one player in and one player out.

He simply could have worded it so much better.

Or people couldn't have taken it so literally.

If you read:

The club have been brilliant and they may be able to help me do something.

And

I am very pleased to complete this transfer and to be able to add another quality signing during a busy transfer window, and I’m grateful for the additional support from the club to do this.

It's as if the club have made a little bit more available to him to pay a fee.

Otis

Clearly just referring to that comment saying we are going to sign somebody, after he had ruled it out.
These are football fans though, Nick. It was obviously going to be read in such a way by a great many.

I wasn't expecting anything major, but was expecting one EXTRA player in, not just one in, one out.

Maybe Baker IS coming tomorrow, who knows.

Nick

Administrator
These are football fans though, Nick. It was obviously going to be read in such a way by a great many.

I wasn't expecting anything major, but was expecting one EXTRA player in, not just one in, one out.

Maybe Baker IS coming tomorrow, who knows.

RCC was never in his plans and not even doing anything with the U23's, so it is effectively one extra player who is actually going to play for us.

This Baker thing as well, everybody is so wrapped up in it and will be heartbroken if he doesn't sign.

Otis

RCC was never in his plans and not even doing anything with the U23's, so it is effectively one extra player who is actually going to play for us.

This Baker thing as well, everybody is so wrapped up in it and will be heartbroken if he doesn't sign.

We had all agreed though had we not that RCC would almost certainly be going out on loan somewhere so therefore discounted.

As I say, personally I wasn't expecting something major.

Nick

Administrator
We had all agreed though had we not that RCC would almost certainly be going out on loan somewhere so therefore discounted.

As I say, personally I wasn't expecting something major.

So if he had agreed he is going, what's the issue in getting him gone properly to free up money to be used somewhere else?

It's listening to hype and people bigging it up.

I'm more surprised / shocked there hasn't been more outgoings to be honest.

oucho

It's dissapointing.
I'd bite your hands off for the lawnmower and hair straightners, to be fair

Otis

So if he had agreed he is going, what's the issue in getting him gone properly to free up money to be used somewhere else?

It's listening to hype and people bigging it up.

I'm more surprised / shocked there hasn't been more outgoings to be honest.

Me too. Was expecting Thomas and possibly Willis or Stevenson.

Users who are viewing this thread